It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CEL @ 9,000 miles
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:54 pm 
LOST Member

I was thinking that I was going to be a lucky one and not have the egr problem....... WRONG! First the hesitation at 1500 rpm(for about a week or two) and this morning the CEL. The tech said there were two codes, the egr and a boost problem code, he also said the computer needed to be reflashed. I hope to have it back by tuesday evening, wish me luck!

BTW, I was wondering if my B50 mix was going to prevent this, I guess not!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:44 pm 
LOST Member

I know the two codes your talking about.. What they are going to do is reflash your computer and clear the codes. But, if its truely the EGR it will not work. MAKE SURE you start the CRD after hes flashed/cleared the codes at the dealer and let it run for 10 minutes at least. This will give the CRD sufficent time for the codes to come back. And at the least save you a trip. My bet is the codes will come right back as they did in mine. Then, they will most likely order the EGR.

Same thing happend to me, at about 7100 miles after getting those 2 codes, p401, p299 the y reflashed and cleared the codes, and as I was letting it warm up the CEL came right back on with the same codes.

Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

Cracker, I've used B50 for all the 4,000 miles on mine, and guess what? EGR failure.

Post subject: Ditto
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeah, same here.. Reflash .. tick tick tick tick Look whats on my dash again.. They had to replace the EGR as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:05 am 
LOST Member

not sure if you guys have this in your neck of the woods, but I have just started using Arctic diesel fuel.

On my second tank and I can't get any smoke out of it even when I try.

(I also put in powerservice)

http://www.premiumdiesel.com/product/ar ... anceCharts

I'll have to see what the station sells in the summer as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:34 am 
LOST Member

The Stations in MN that have I see that have Arctic Diesel in the winter have Diesel Gold in the summer, Also from Flint Hills.

2005 CRD Limited 4x4 - Deep Beryl Green - Selec-Trac
Trac-Lok - Skid Plates - BFG Radial Long Trail TA's- Rotella T 5W40 Synthetic.

2007 GC CRD Limited. Silver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:48 am 
LOST Member

they did reset the CEL and wanted to keep the jeep overnight so it would be cool the next morning when the part arrived. But, they were not willing to rent me a car so I told them they could work on it hot. The CEL did come back on later that evening but it was out the next morning when I dropped it off. They called at about 5pm and were having another gasket overnighted in and asked if I needed a rental. I told them no and then at about 7pm I was called into work!, just my luck, I froze my tail off on my motorcycle.....oh well, I hope its done soon, its too cold for two wheels

sorry about the rant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:20 am 
LOST Newbie

Well our CEL came on last week as did the ABS light. Dealer said they did a 30min computer upgrade for a TSB relating to the glow plugs - anyone heard of it? They also ordered in a speed sensor for the ABS. The CEL came back on later that afternoon but for a couple of hours it was driving way better than it had in the last few weeks. So it's back at the dealer and I'm awaiting the prognosis but guessing EGR.

Post subject: CEL Procedure
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:58 am 
LOST Newbie

I don't read about anyone checking with the key cycling procedure to determine the diagnostics P-code.
I had a CEL on Saturday and tried to do the procedure. It would not give me a code. I searched various Jeep Forums and I found and tried 4 different procedures varying from 2-5 on-off cycles within 5 seconds as well as OFF-ACC-OFF-ACC-ACC. My odometer simply shows the odometer reading , no codes. Seems like I am missing a link??

What is the procedure for the 2006 CRD ?

My CEL cleared, it might simply have been the fuel cover, I gave it a few extra clicks and the CEL cleared - for now.....

- Reese Pilot brake controller

Last edited by KJ79 on Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got the call that our Libby was ready for pick-up. Bottom line the CEL was still on when I started and the dealer said the glow plug have burned out the PCM so they are replacing both so a return trip necessary. But they gave the all clear on the EGR. Funnily enough, when I started the engine warm after a brief stop the CEL didn't come on.