It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Before and After Daystar 2.5inch Lift Measurements
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:44 pm 
LOST Member

For those of you who have lifted your CRD's with the Daystar 2.5inch kit on the front, can you please post your before (if known) and after measurements from the front upper wheel arch, to the bottom of the lower wheel rim through the centreline of the wheel (assuming you are still running the 16inch wheels).

I've just put OME 927's in the front of my CRD, and whilst the ride is on the soft side but acceptable, I've lost a lot of lift compared to a petrol with the same springs. I'm considering going back to stock springs plus the Daystar lift on the front, and leaving the OME on the rear.

My car was 28 inches (710cm) stock on the front, so am curious to find out what is the acceptable limit of lift. When people say 2.5 inches of lift - well it all depends on where you start from. Stock petrols are supposedly around 27inchs stock, so 2.5 inches on one of those takes you up to 29.5.

As 2.5 inches is supposed to be the maximum amount permissible without running into CV probs, we all really need to know what is the actual maximum height permissible. If for arguments sake, 29.5 inches is the maximum, and my car is already stock 1 inch higher than a petrol, then I'd be better off looking at the Daystar 1.5inch lift spacer than the 2.5inch to bring it up to 29.5 - see my reasoning?

Many thanks for everyone's input.

Cheers

Andrew

2005 KJ CRD Cherokee (Liberty) Extreme Sport, ARB bar and IPF lights, Rocky Road Combo lift (Daystar 1.5inch spacer with RR strut top plate and factory springs) with OME struts (front), OME 947 with Rancho RSX17004 shocks (rear), all Mopar skid plates, Tow Hitch, BFG 245/70/16 AT's Pics.