It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ETECNO 7V Glow Plugs Old and New
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

After replacing the GPs with ETECNOs earlier this year, I have just finished replacing them all after each one (except one) throwing codes. When the 3rd threw a code, Greg at IDParts said I could just replace the last original ETECNO as well. All the replacements do look different from the original ETECNOs so I hope that's a good sign
The newer one (bottom) has a larger tip diameter and less distance between the tip and the shoulder.
I'm hoping this design change does the trick. So glad I've got the intake elbow installed. I still have to remove it to access #3 but sooo much easier.

Post subject: Re: ETECNO 7V Glow Plugs Old and New
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

Great. Mine are the old style, apparently. Had them for over a year without issue, but I gather I am on borrowed time?

At 138k, new head & gasket, timing belt, rockers and swearing vocabulary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:20 pm 
LOST Addict

I thought the Weeks elbow makes it so you do not have to remove anything to change all the glow plugs.

DOC

2005 KJ CRD Ltd Detroit TrueTrac Bilsteins G2 GDE "HOT" ECU GDE TCM "Tow Tune" "euro" TC SEGR Weeks Elbow New HG at 130K ARPs Clean CAT aFe Filter Magnaflow Exhaust EHM Cumminos In-Tank Lift Pump Hayden Fan Clutch Nylon Fan VH Enabled with GDE lower shutoff point Recalibrated Temp Gauge Tekonsha Prodigy Sears P-1 ZDDP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well I couldn't quite get to #3 unless I dropped the flange. So much easier than with the stock elbow but I did have to get another gasket. Someone who is more talented or has a better tool kit may be able to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

greiswig wrote:
Great. Mine are the old style, apparently. Had them for over a year without issue, but I gather I am on borrowed time?

If you've had them that long you may be OK. My 1st one dropped off after about 2 months. Hopefully I'm set for awhile and have a good starting winter. Last winter, I had to use the block heater or it wouldn't start without a fight and a lot of black smoke.