It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hemi TC -- Information to Consider
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 pm 
LOST Addict

WWDiesel wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Hmm, my Sonax line booster is similar. It is compatible though. I think it's the heavier spring that makes the difference. It came with the sonax kit I got, and it goes in the front pump. I bet you got one installed with your transgo kit also, and you have no shudder. I hope I'm right

The TransGo kit was installed by my transmission expert at the same time when he installed the SunCoast TC.
I have never experienced ANY transmission problems or shudder since the install of both items and the updated front pump assembly... :D :D
I have pulled a trailer with about a 3k load up some fairly long grades in 5th overdrive with TC locked up.
I would have to go back and ask him what all it entailed.

Thanks WW. What size tires you run?
I think we can all get there with those upgrades

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:31 pm 
LOST Addict

WWDiesel wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Hmm, my Sonax line booster is similar. It is compatible though. I think it's the heavier spring that makes the difference. It came with the sonax kit I got, and it goes in the front pump. I bet you got one installed with your transgo kit also, and you have no shudder. I hope I'm right

The TransGo kit was installed by my transmission expert at the same time when he installed the SunCoast TC.
I have never experienced ANY transmission problems or shudder since the install of both items and the updated front pump assembly... :D :D
I have pulled a trailer with about a 3k load up some fairly long grades in 5th overdrive with TC locked up.

The Sonax "line booster" and the TransGo resistor both do the same thing.
Create a artificially low voltage reading from the line pressure sensor so that the TCM believes that the pressure should be increased.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:42 pm 
LOST Addict

That makes sense about the booster.

One lost member said that the spring upgrade in the pump allows the higher pressure to be realized. I think his transmission shop told him that. The line booster didn't do much of anything for me, which helps support the theory

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:53 pm 

TransGo's web site also states:
TransGo wrote:
NOTE: SK 45RFE and 45RFE-HD2 do not make firm or performance type shifts. Both kits produce a "quicker shift" which is the transition time from the release and or apply of the present gear to the next gear.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
flash7210 wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

The Sonax "line booster" and the TransGo resistor both do the same thing.
Create a artificially low voltage reading from the line pressure sensor so that the TCM believes that the pressure should be increased.

Most of them do work that way. The latest Sonnax offering integrates a variable pressure chip, so rather than increasing pressure by 15psi at all times, it increases by 10psi at low rpm to a 25psi increase at higher rpm. They claim less wear to trans internals.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:02 pm 
LOST Addict

The latest one is the one I have. It helped maybe 20%. I'd rate my shudder at 7/10 with 10/10 being the worst/ jackhammering. I only have the Eco ECU tune so I'm fairly certain that it's not the new hemi or suncoast TC's.

Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:03 pm 
LOST Addict

The latest one is the one I have. It helped maybe 20%. I'd rate my shudder at 7/10 with 10/10 being the worst/ jackhammering. I only have the Eco ECU tune so I'm fairly certain that it's not the new hemi or suncoast TC's.

Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 pm 
LOST Member

flash7210 wrote:
If you want the upper gears and TCC to apply at lower vehicle speeds, try a used Hemi TCM. They are pretty cheap on ebay.
Mine will apply 4th gear + TCC at about 41mph under light throttle.
And 5th gear + TCC can apply at about 47mph under light throttle.
With OD-off, 3rd + TCC applies at 30-35mph.
Interesting. Now that you mention it, that makes sense. I've read in the past (for an older Chrysler transmission) that the TCM looks at torque converter slip when determining whether to lock up the torque converter clutch. This is determined by comparing the engine speed against trans input shaft speed. So tighter torque converter = less torque converter slip = TCM is more willing to lock up the converter clutch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 pm 
LOST Addict

Another thread that points towards the front pump, but didn't specifically mention shudder.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75520

Mech fan, VH & AC delete