It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEED CRDTECHNICIAN IN WSHINGTON DC AREA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:16 pm 
LOST Member

Hello every body.
I believe that I have lost my Turbo.

Last Wednesday at the first start in the morning,about 43 F, I got a lot of dense white smoke that lingered for a long time. During my trip, about 6 miles, I got both white and black smoke when accelerating from a traffic light stop. this happened on and off during Thursday and Friday until in my return to home, about one block away the engine died and would not turn using the starter. This noon I checked the oil and required 1 gal. to bring it to the correct level (cold). Jump started with my wife car and at the third try catch up very rough for a few second and a lot of dense white smoke, after 20 seconds or so it did smoothed the idling and no visible smoke coming out.

I have lost contact with both the technicians that have served the Jeep at the dealers since new. ( I am the only owner, and the odometer reads about 262,500 miles, the only modification to the engine is the addition of a Provent 200 with direct drain to the crankcase using a modified turbo drain pipe.) I am waiting for a new EGR flow control valve from the UK to get rid of the P0401 code, and with a new turbo, of the P0901code.

Unfortunately the working conditions at my home are not ideal. The work have to be done in the driveway with is uncovered and in a 4 to 6 % slope. I do have a portable canopy that could be used, ramps, jacks and an air compressor with some air powered tools. But no heat whatsoever., thus a technician with a enclosed shop will be ideal.

Any one have a suggestion? sincerely appreciated.

Thanks, Sergio

Post subject: Re: NEED CRDTECHNICIAN IN WSHINGTON DC AREA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:12 am 
LOST Member

Probably blew a head gasket. You're probably looking at $5,000 to $6,000.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:09 pm 
LOST Member

Yes, but is better than 40-50+K in a new Jeep full of electronic devices that I do not use nor want. I like to "drive" the Jeep, not "ride" in it with settings than some one think that are the best.

My disappointments with this Jeep are three, one; than manual transmission was not available, two; I could not wait for ordering a model with sunroof and three; with side air bags.

I plan to keep it for a least another 100K miles, I have used it for towing trailer with my daughter's college furniture across the Appalachian mountains with no problems,I have climbed Mount Washington in NH, and Pikes Peak in Colorado, driven in the sand in Daytona beach, FL, and in Pacific City beach in Oregon, I have attended multitude off roads events, maybe one or two a year, and I have scheduled a trip to Denali and Purhoe Bay in Alaska, but the pandemic made me postpone it, but still is in my bucket list, and several National, State and regional Parks. It has never failed me in my trips out of town, and all maintenance and repairs have been in town.

Unfortunately I lost contact with the local technicians, and now I nee one.

I am in dare need of a CRD technician.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:26 pm 

There are several good CRD mechanics on this forum.
Hopefully one of them will reach out to you.
You can also send a PM or email to contact them.

search for geordi (Jim)
>> eMail
>> PM
or
search for jws84_02 (Josh)
>>eMail
>>PM

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:48 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks WWDiesel, Geordy help me in the past (2008) with a water pump issue, and I know that he comes to you. I will send them two a email. .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Sergio del Castillo wrote:
Thanks WWDiesel, Geordy help me in the past (2008) with a water pump issue, and I know that he comes to you. I will send them two a email. .

Hey Sergio - I'm still around, email definitely works better b/c my results with the private system on the board has been hit-and-miss and I don't want to miss anyone's messages.

I see you have emailed me, I will reply there, hopefully I can get you sorted out.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:29 am 
LOST Member

Sergio del Castillo wrote:
Yes, but is better than 40-50+K in a new...

Oh I totally agree. That's why I spent an entire week redoing my head/gasket in the freezing cold. My Libby was down since August and I bought a 2022 Tacoma SR5 V-6 4x4 to replace it. Because I needed reliable transportation and everyone kept telling me how great they are. Pfhs. It's a gutless tin can. I hate that thing. And towing my boat was a joke. It could not go under 3,500 RPM without slowing down and during the whole drive I had to hear WWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd think I was towing a huge trailer with a Chevy Chevette or something.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:48 pm 
LOST Member

I have not seen yet a vehicle that i would like to buy to replace my Liberty.
I use it for daily driver when I was working for a company, now i am semi retired and working only from home, I use it for towing a trailer when my youngest daougthers in college in St. Louis, Missouri, I use it for offroad treks two or three times a year, before the pandemic, and for long distance traveling on highways, I have family in Charlotte, NC, Royal Oaks, MI, Colorado Springs, CO, Miami, FL, Toronto Canada, Walla Walla, WA, and before that in Enterprise, OR, and have it on the sand in the Atlantic, and in the Pacific. My wife, me, the luggage and a cooler for rest areas lunches, 25 to 30 mpg and cruising speeds up to 80 MPH where permitted. My son in law in Charlotte installed air lockers at front and rear differentials, full length skid panels and custom made side rock bar guards. No lifts because of the heavy use on highways. This Feb 27 will be 17 years for me with it. 262,500 plus miles now hope to get to 400K miles. Mayor repairs; the engine at 90K under factory warranty because was using oil at a rate of 1 qt in 200 miles, and replaced the transmission 4 years ago. Mayor booboo, filler with gasoline at a BP station because of the different color of the dispenser nozzle (green for gas and black for diesel).
It is the vehicle that have given me almost the most pleasure to own, with the exception of my '69 TR-6.