It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: '05 Replaced Glow plugs now have P0610 code
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've got an 05 Liberty CRD with various ailments, but the one that concerns me now is a P0610 code.

I did have another code that indicated a bad number 3 glow plug, so I had a friend help me change the glow plugs. The bad glow plug code went away but it is showing an P0610 code now...seems like a lot of people have seen this gremlin. Some sort of engine control module confusion.

The original glow plugs were the 7volt ceramic and the new ones are the 5 volt Bosch steel.
I have heard this is fine and should not cause a code due to the diff in voltage but ???

Tried clearing the code with the OBDII tool I got from Green Diesel back in the day when I did their Ecotune... no luck. I am tempted to try reflashing the module with the Ecotune code which should still be loaded in it, but that code was loaded in the tool some time ago and I don't know if I can get it from them again, I hear they no longer support the CRD. Any ideas?

That Ecotune code seemed to do it's magic on the EGR valve though, we had to remove the intake elbow EGR assy to get at plugs 3 & 4 and the valve was clean...after nearly 240K miles on the beast.