It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dummy Me. Just bought another.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:58 pm 
LOST Member

Well I just happened to come across a sport from a guy literally only a couple miles from my house. Only has 106k. Used it to go to town and get groceries once in a while. Has a few issues but it's bone stock! Literally nothing has been done to it except oil/ filters. He did say it shifts hard between 2nd and 3rd. I'm thinking probably a shift solenoid. Boy I wish It was easy to post pictures here...

More to follow.

Post subject: Re: Dummy Me. Just bought another.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:15 pm 

Nice snag, first thing you need to do is disable or totally remove the EGR system to stop it from killing the engine if it still has one in service!

As to pictures, it is not hard at all, I post them almost every day, very simple procedure. :D
Read below:

How to Post & Share Pictures on LOSTJeeps Forum

You can post & share pictures and images on LOSTJeep.com, you first have to join and use a picture sharing/hosting service like PostImage or one of the many *others listed below.

ImagePostimages — free image hosting / image upload
Provides free image upload and hosting integration for forums. Free picture hosting and photo sharing for websites and blogs.

One very important thing to remember when using image tags: the image you display must already be available on the internet (it cannot exist only on your computer or mobile device for example, unless you have it shared on a webserver!).

After joining PostImage or one of the *other picture hosting services and uploading your pictures to the site that you want to share:

Instructions to post a picture:

Click on the "IMG" button on the top of your post.

You will get this: [img]-[/img]
Then paste the URL link for your picture in between the BBC code tags:
Code:
[img]picture address goes here[/img]

Should look something like this: [url>=https://web address "link" of shared picture<[/img][/url]

*Some of the most popular image hosting *sites/services where you can upload and store images so you can share the images/photos on a forum:
*There are more available, but these are some of the more well-known ones.
If you need help, let us know!

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:36 pm 
LOST Member

Dude this thing is BONE stock! Like the original timing belt, fuel filter housing (which I thought they finally came out with a recall... Maybe not.) No F37 TCM reflash, etc. I'm afraid to drive it the 2 miles to my house!

I'm going to spend a month just doing all the basics mods and trying to get it safe to drive again. :dizzy:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:41 pm 
LOST Member

I was actually looking for a cheap basket case that I could yank the motor out and fab in a Cummins R2.8 since no one has ever done that to one of these. Oh well. That project will have to wait.This will be marginally easier anyhoo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:48 am 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
As to pictures, it is not hard at all, I post them almost every day, very simple procedure. :D
Read below:

How to Post & Share Pictures on LOSTJeeps Forum

You can post & share pictures and images on LOSTJeep.com, you first have to join and use a picture sharing/hosting service like PostImage or one of the many *others listed below.

ImagePostimages — free image hosting / image upload
Provides free image upload and hosting integration for forums. Free picture hosting and photo sharing for websites and blogs.

One very important thing to remember when using image tags: the image you display must already be available on the internet (it cannot exist only on your computer or mobile device for example, unless you have it shared on a webserver!).

After joining PostImage or one of the *other picture hosting services and uploading your pictures to the site that you want to share:

Instructions to post a picture:

Click on the "IMG" button on the top of your post.

You will get this: [img]-[/img]
Then paste the URL link for your picture in between the BBC code tags:
Code:
[img]picture address goes here[/img]

Should look something like this: [url>=https://web address "link" of shared picture<[/img][/url]

*Some of the most popular image hosting *sites/services where you can upload and store images so you can share the images/photos on a forum:
*There are more available, but these are some of the more well-known ones.
If you need help, let us know!

:SOMBRERO:

So I refuse to install an app that can easily back door trojan horse my files and pics. Pretty much all of these will with the exception of maybe google pics but it doesn't allow you to copy the URL address. Neither does Facebook. .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:47 pm 

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
So I refuse to install an app that can easily back door trojan horse my files and pics. Pretty much all of these will with the exception of maybe google pics but it doesn't allow you to copy the URL address. Neither does Facebook. .

I fully understand your concern; I have not downloaded ANY Apps or extensions for the picture hosting service, it is all done via web based.
Downloading is where you can get into problems of payloads imbedded within the file. All my pictures are generated by me, I never download any pictures period!

I use postimages.org online for pictures and I have security software that should catch any attempts to back door anything. :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:15 pm 
LOST Member

Postimages. They want my credit card number for "Free" activation. Nope not happening.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:05 pm 

DieselJeepLuvr wrote:
Postimages. They want my credit card number for "Free" activation. Nope not happening.

That's really strange, they never requested one when I set up an account over 9 years ago. :shock:

Their Privacy policy does not say anything about requiring credit card information for a free account, only an email address. :D
PostImages Privacy Policy:
https://postimages.org/privacy

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:51 am 
LOST Member

I use this site to host my images

https://imgbb.com

Gen 2 Fuel Head
GDE Eco Tune
ARP studs
Etechno (7v) Glow Plugs
F37
Kap 193 thermostat
Carter Lift Pump (Modified wiring harness)
Fumoto (CRD-108)
Bypass oil filter (2 micron)
Samco
Provent
Sears P-1 Battery
Secondary 2 micron fuel filter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:12 pm 
LOST Member

Trying something

Yay! Success! :pepper: