It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liberty CRD 05' No Fuel Pressure At Rail
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 7:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Picked my jeep up from the shop after replacing the rear main and routing crankcase pressure out of the jeep to prevent needing a third rear main in a year... got 5 minutes down the road and it looses all power goes to idle (assuming its off torque converter) I slow down and it dies. sounded like it was cranking fast, i towed it home and checked and the timing belt and cp3 is tuning, the first sigh of relief. Just to be safe I dropped an Oem Bosh Cam sensor in even though I had RPM readings, didn't fix it, I had air in the line luckily. I ordered a lift pump and pulled the old lift and it's full of junk, perfect that's got to be it. I put the lift pump in prime it with the first injector line off and no fuel comes out. A new Wix fuel filter dropped in and bled at the bleeder valve that no one likes to talk about and it has fuel pressure up to the CP3. pull the send and receive lines of the CP3 and blow them both out, they are fine. blow air with some fuel in the lines through the pump line and it took 80psi to get the fuel to start coming through, lift pump cannot pump through that and the CP3 still isn't moving fuel. I'm skeptical about replacing the CP3 still so I'm looking at my sensors here. Someone mentioned on LOST that removing the power from the High-Pressure Fuel Sensor leaves it wide open, turned the key and no fuel(at this point I'm looking for fuel before the rail on the hard line after the HPFP) I tried cranking, and no fuel. Now I pulled out the rail solenoid and blew the inside out with air and tried another trick that supposedly fixed two CRD's being that he blew brake cleaner in the connector of the rail sensor and scrubbed it. I'm grasping for straws now, so I did it to both the HPFS and the fuel sensor on the rail. So I cranked it and I had a little pulse now leading me to believe more that it's not a bad CP3, but maybe just a sensor. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious I've been tinkering with this CRD for less than a year, I'm a GM3800 guy but a Liberty enthusiast.

Update for the second day:

I mislocated the Fuel Quantity Solenoid, I did not remove that in the text above. I removed something else on the rail and cleaned that one. Today I removed the wire connecting the FQS and cleaned it out and I noticed a huge increase in fuel going through the line but when I connected the line back up to the rail I still didn't get fuel out of the injector at the line and after connecting the lines again I still got no start.
First post on a forum be kind 8)

Rough County lift & leveling 2-inch spacers
17-inch wrangler rubicon wheels ko2 MT tires
Sold
2002-2022

Liberty Sport 2005 2.8L CRD 5 Spd Auto:
JBA UCA, front coils rear dif lift
EGR delete MPPS tuned
OEM rebuilt top serpentining belt survivor
May 2022- Current