It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Integrated A/C condensor with AT cooler for CRD
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

I finally had time to put the new AC accumulator/drier, orifice line and AC condensor/AT cooler in my 2005 KJ CRD.

Most importantly, at least for us USA based "parts starved" KJ owners, I can confirm that Nissens is making a decent quality, corrosion protected, integrated AC condensor / AT cooler that is an exact drop-in replacement for the OEM KJ CRD condensor/cooler.

Yup, thats right, there was NO need to buy and add a separate AT cooler along with an aftermarket AC condensor when using this integrated condensor/cooler.

I did have to wait a couple weeks for it to come back in stock at Rockauto, but got it for $145 plus shipping. My last picture shows the tag on it with Nissens part #940323.

Might as well also point out that the Four Seasons accumulator and orifice line that I also got from RA were an exact fit and also appear to be of good quality.

Removing the overflow tank from the firewall made getting the accumulator and heat exchanger lines out easier. Then it was a straight forward job to remove and replace the various AC parts. A light dab of 100% silicone grease on all the replacement seals and o-rings made it all plug back together smoothly.

Also tested both high and low speed electric cooling fan relays by jumping terminals 87 and 30 on each of them and they work. Though it seems to me like the high setting should spin even faster then it does, there is an audible difference in speed between the two relays.

Still need to add a piece of 10 mesh SS wire cloth between the fan and new condensor to act as a removable bug screen and fin protector.

And will soon take it to a local repair shop to have them empty and refill the AC system :D

"Giddyup" is my 2005 Liberty CRD
"Maya" is my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD powered by the mighty Cummins ISB 5.9 with 6spd G56 manual trans
"Mr Ed" is my 1980 Toyota Pickup Flatbed, 20R engine, 4 speed manual, NO power steering, NO A/C

Last edited by seafish on Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Integrated A/C condensor with AT cooler for CRD
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:34 pm 
LOST Member

Nice work!

Post subject: Re: Integrated A/C condensor with AT cooler for CRD
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:17 pm 
LOST Addict

Excellent thanks for posting.