It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:02 pm 
LOST Addict

Got Diesel wrote:
I like a bit more power and I have chiped all of the diesels and never had and never had any problems.
Informed people wanted to know. :wink:

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've had the f37 done (pump/tc), i've noticed very little differnce in shift points. My transmission needed about a quart of oil after i got it back from the dealer. I've noticed i still have a slight shudder between 53-58 I'm hoping it goes away after a week or so of giving the transmission time to learn how i drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:06 am 
LOST Member

drmlc. I am in Independence Mo and If you need diesel help PM me.
Manny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:20 am 
LOST Member

I had it done and notice little difference if any.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just had mine done. Drove it 15 miles and the check engine light came on. It threw P0299 and P0401. After 35,820 miles I think my EGR finally went.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:59 pm 
LOST Member

P0401 Exhaust gas recirculation (ERG) system – insufficient flow detected Hose leak/blockage, basic setting not carried out (if applicable), wiring, EGR valve, EGR solenoid, ECM

P0299 Turbo/super charger – low boost Mechanical fault

Here are your Codes ,Check your turbo lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:45 pm 
LOST Addict

Sounds like your EGR FCV and/or EGR have went south, causing the faults. Mine did the same thing and they replaced them with new ones and then flashed the TCM & ECM and th Jeep is really running great now.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:32 pm 
LOST Member

Completed F37 day before yesterday and have put 50 or so miles on it since.

Like everyone else seems to be reporting, the engine seems to rev alot higher than before. So far so good, it does seems to drive smoother and slip less than it did. Although I have noticed a few harder than I would consider normal shifts driving around town (below 35MPH).

The dealership replaced the TC as expected, but the pump and filters did not need replacing. The reprograming is pretty obvious, and the power loss does appear to be only at certain points of the powerband. I haven't put my finger on the exact points, but I plan to do some driving in the hills later to see if there is any less "go" on climbing. The tech that performed the work told me that the TC was different, in that it was "beefier" than stock. I probably wouldn't know the difference if they were placed side by side, but I trust him. This tech is the dealerships resident "anal-retentive", and wouldn't let my rig go for three days to make sure that it was correct. Thier service department didn't know F37 was comming until I called asking for it to be done.

Honestly, this is my first diesel and my first auto tranny. I've had quite a few reservations based on a lack of comparison with the most problematic and significant points of differenciation on this vehicle.

In short, I'm pleased with the performacne after F37, but the jury is still out. I'm reserving final judgement until I've put a few tanks through it.

LOST#065178
2005 KJ Sport CRD
2.5" Daystar(F) Skyjacker(R) hybrid lift
245/75/16 MTRs on Moab rims
JKS Supernerf Rockrails/MOPAR skids
Aeroturbine 2525

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:06 pm 
LOST Member

A Chip Tune will bring the CRD to real life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:52 pm 
LOST Addict

Got Diesel wrote:
When programming thru the obd2 port, the processor counts up the number of programming attempts and susscessful attempts. This is saved in the ecu so the dealer can see it's been tuned. The dealer network has access to this data and can see the multiple tuning attemts and void warrenty for altering the ecu.

Normally when programming thru the obd2 port you can only access about 256kb of the full 2meg flash. Guess where the emissions maps are located - not in the 256k maps!

The ECU, ABS, and Instrument Cluster all keep a record of odometry so that correct mileage must match each other. If another cloned ecu is installed the odometry will not match and the dealer can void the warrenty.

In other words people having someone chip your vehicle they had better know what they are doing and have the work arounds. As of lately with vehicles being hooked up to STARnet the engineers/techs at other end will be able to see these alterations unless the programmer hacks the system and erase their tracks. What brings this home is a gasser that was at the dealer this past week that was connected to STARnet and before tech could get the ball rolling for the repair problem STAR voided the warranty and refused futher descussion on the vehicle. The out come was big $$$$ to the owner of the truck.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:45 pm 
LOST Member

oldnavy wrote:
Got Diesel wrote:
When programming thru the obd2 port, the processor counts up the number of programming attempts and susscessful attempts. This is saved in the ecu so the dealer can see it's been tuned. The dealer network has access to this data and can see the multiple tuning attemts and void warrenty for altering the ecu.

Normally when programming thru the obd2 port you can only access about 256kb of the full 2meg flash. Guess where the emissions maps are located - not in the 256k maps!

The ECU, ABS, and Instrument Cluster all keep a record of odometry so that correct mileage must match each other. If another cloned ecu is installed the odometry will not match and the dealer can void the warrenty.

In other words people having someone chip your vehicle they had better know what they are doing and have the work arounds. As of lately with vehicles being hooked up to STARnet the engineers/techs at other end will be able to see these alterations unless the programmer hacks the system and erase their tracks. What brings this home is a gasser that was at the dealer this past week that was connected to STARnet and before tech could get the ball rolling for the repair problem STAR voided the warranty and refused futher descussion on the vehicle. The out come was big $$$$ to the owner of the truck.

This is sort of scary. Would it void my 3/36 and my 7/70? Or just the 3/36? Is InMotion able to cover their tracks on this one?

245/75/16 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:18 pm 
LOST Member

YES!! E-mail them and they can tell you ,I have had all of my NEW TDI'S chiped with like 10 miles on the car and never had ANY warranty work to worry about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:22 pm 
LOST Addict

GregScuba wrote:
oldnavy wrote:
Got Diesel wrote:

This is sort of scary. Would it void my 3/36 and my 7/70? Or just the 3/36? Is InMotion able to cover their tracks on this one?
Yes to both of the warranty questions.

Can InMotion cover their tracks? You would have to ask InMotion about that, I would check on other diesel forums like Fred's TDIclub Forum for example.

I know a lot of people do the chipping, and not just diesels. My LX forum forum has a lot of people having their LX car chipped, but these cars have been very reliable without a lot of trouble codes and few have been on STARnet. When the tech is just using local STARscan tool the techs could ignore or even possiblely miss the mod. It is a heck of a risk to take when you own a vehicle that just one Fuel Injector list for $950+ and if you think that is big bucks you don't want to have to pay for a fuel pump.

About KERMA. I have used his injectors in my TDI and they were an excellent product that a tech would not have been able to spot from a OEM injector. I think, but have no real proof, that KERMA does have the ability to cover his tracks. Please do not ask why I say that it is just a gut feeling from a few things he has said and his record from the TDI club. That said I think it is still a little risky, but so is just driving the Jeep.

One thing to remember is these CRD's have been rather problematic and may be watched closely by D/C for all we know. For those with a 3/36 warranty the chipping is really a no brainer after you are close to the end of warranty mark, the 7/70 guys may want to let the 3/36 folks be the testers of the waters.

I have been ask on several different ocassions about being beta test for chipping and have always had to pass either because they could or would not answer some hard questions (my computer days started in the early 60's and taught computer repair/service at HS level before full retirement) or in the case of our CRD it is the wife and daughters daily driver, with me only driving on rare ocassions and I do not have the equippment/programming any longer to do a proper betta test.

Ok, now you know my opinion of the chipping question and why. If I had the dispossible income to pay for some repair that D/C might not warranty because chipping was discovered, then yes I would jump on the chipping and for sure injectors. Remember a single injector replacement will cost over a $1000 to replace at the least.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:27 pm 
LOST Member

Ok since it's going down this way READ:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/bus ... rranty.htm

Post subject: CRD chip tuning...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello all,

We were the first company in the Americas to Chip Tune the Liberty CRD and our track record speaks for itself. We have the ability to supply custom tuning and will tune per customer request no problem. As for Dealerships voiding warranty, this is a sad fact of life. If you search various forums you will see Dealerships voiding warranties for all kinds of silly things, the worst one i have personally seen is a guy who's warranty was voided because he installed different wheels & tires. Even though the car was bone stock except for the wheels & tires, the dealership refused to fix is blown transaxle (thanks Acura). He had to hire an attorney then they caved in and fixed it for free. Even though there are Federal Laws in place to protect the consumer (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act ), just the act of removing the ECU can potentially get a dealership to "Pre-void" your warranty if they want to be jerks. To avoid resetting the counters and flashing the EPROM directly with a BDM, the back of the ECU must be carefully pried open as it is silicone glued shut at the factory. This in itself is a tell tale sign of modification that is hard to disguise. Even though we do our absolute best to cover our tracks the advice we give our clients is when in doubt wait till the warranty expires or prepare for battle.

INMotionTuning

©1997-2008 INMotion Tuning USA All of our chip tunings are designed for off road use only, customer accepts all responsibility for use of any of our products. The opinions expressed in these posts are just that, opinions and should not be considered as facts, therefore inmotion tuning assumes no responsibility for the content of these opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:11 pm 
LOST Member

AMEN!! Thanks now I hope this will clear up some hear says about chip tunings.!!! Any Question PLEASE ASK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:15 pm 
LOST Addict

It sure answered my question. I had asked in another thread whether the ECU had to be physically opened because that would be hard to completely hide. Obviously, it does. I appreciate INMotion shooting straight on this. I appreciate candor and will remember it if I get ready to do this - post warranty.

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:18 pm 
LOST Member

And here is another thing I see your run B20 in your CRD GUESS what ,if the Stealership smells it and yes thay know the difference ,say by by to your warranty ,B5 is all you can use now do you see my point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:25 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeah, I hear you, but I sure wouldn't take it to the dealer with B20 in the tank. If your problem is fuel related, they won't cover 2D either. An opened ECU is in a whole other league in my opinion.

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Last edited by Goglio704 on Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:30 pm 
LOST Member

Can we say smell the crank case oil...