It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm thinking about taking my router and cutting wider grooves in the tires so they will go in the mud better. I know, it's a jerry-rig and probably low-class, but she-who-must-be-obeyed will never go for new tires on a new Jeep.

BTW, I put more air in the tires just before this last session of freezing rain and I had no slipping whatsoever. Before, I was slipping every time I'd run through a little puddle where somebody was sprinkling their lawn onto the road.

Post subject: Snowed
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:30 am 
LOST Junkie

Had 14" of snow where I live today. Got to use the new Michelins in the snow. They are great. Jeep performed just as advertised. I don't know about anybody else and their STs, but I am glad I tossed out those lousy ST tires

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

seen where walmart had a special where they offer 4 of them michelins as a package deal.they usually sell them cheap when they do that.didn't look what the price was

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:50 am 
RedJeepCRD wrote:
Do your 255/70/R16 rub any?

I'm looking at getting new tires soon, just wondering what size to get.

Wes

No rubbing on roads either paved or rough gravel pot holed roads.

Off road I have minor rubbing on the inside (body side) of the wheel wells on all four tires and some minor rubbing on the front wheels at the pinch weld. I routinely inspect construction sites for my job and I have not had a rubbing problem yet, but testing it at full flex going very slowly through a drainage ditch is where I discovered all the minor rubbing.

Most people solve the off road rubbing by getting new wheels with better backspacing, thus moving the inside edge of the tire farther out from the body of the vehicle.

I really like my stock wheels so some day I'm going to get the aluminum Spidertrax wheel spacers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's raining cats & dogs here in Houston today and the Revos I ordered from Costco won't be in until later this week! Looks like I'll be keeping it in full-time 4-wheel drive today! Say a prayer for me!

2008 "Jeep Green" Liberty 4x2 with moon roof
(I traded my 2005 Liberty CRD after way too many problems!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:04 pm 
LOST Member

Just got my Revo's put on yesterday!!!! Discount Tire $130 per 245/70/16 They even gave me $40 per tire credit for the Goodyucks... suckers.

The Revo's seem a little stiff, but I have heard from a couple people that they take a couple hundred miles to "loosen up".

Retmil46,
Are you ready for the "Ice storm" of 2005???

2005 Toyota Tundra V8 4X4 TRD (ebay baby!!)

1984 Jeep CJ7 (Toy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:23 am 
LOST Addict

fireman1028 wrote:
Just got my Revo's put on yesterday!!!! Discount Tire $130 per 245/70/16 They even gave me $40 per tire credit for the Goodyucks... suckers.

The Revo's seem a little stiff, but I have heard from a couple people that they take a couple hundred miles to "loosen up".

Retmil46,
Are you ready for the "Ice storm" of 2005???

Yep, went ahead and plugged in the block heater when I got home tonight, so it'll be warmed up when I have to go to the doctor early in the morning. I wonder why everyone buys only milk, bread, and eggs when they'll spoil when the power goes off, unless you also remembered to buy 10 gallons of gas for your generator! :roll:

If it's really icy guess we'll find out how well 4LO works.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:12 am 
LOST Member

**************ICE STORM 2005 UPDATE 09:06 AM EST**************

AFTER THE WORST ICE STORM IN THE PAST 48 ........ HOURS..... I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE BRIDGESTONE REVOS ARE EXCELLENT IN ICEY CONDITIONS USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH PART-TIME 4WHEEL DRIVE.

Of course, I never worry about my driving ability, It is all of the carpet baggers who say us southerner's can't drive worth a darn!!!!

"I used to drive 80mph in 2 feet of snow every winter, back when I lived in insert northern or mid-western city, and I never had any problems"

news flash buddy..... If you don't like it...... GO BACK!!!!!!

1984 Jeep CJ7 (Toy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:13 am 
LOST Member

Sorry..... a small rant :lol:

1984 Jeep CJ7 (Toy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:05 am 
LOST Addict

fireman1028 wrote:
Sorry..... a small rant :lol:

Really? I wanted to say "AMEN!" :lol:

The ones that really get into trouble are the ones that think "AWD" or "4WD" means "magic carpet that will transport me anywhere regardless of conditions or my driving ability". More than any other item, how the vehicle performs depends most on the loose nut holding the steering wheel. :wink:

Many years back, George Carlin ragged on people that bought Saabs, Volvos, and the like because they were "safe" cars. In his words, they were buying a 4 wheel tank to protect themselves because of their lack of driving ability and inability to avoid accidents. His last line was "FIRST learn how to drive, THEN buy your %*&^* safe car!".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:34 am 
LOST Member

Quote:
back when I lived in insert northern or mid-western city, and I never had any problems"

BTW I am not saying that all people who live in the North-East and Mid-West think like that...... only the ones who move to the South!!!

I love George Carlin.... has anyone ever heard the old HBO special where he breaks down the 10 commandments into one simple phrase?...... Genius

1984 Jeep CJ7 (Toy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:51 pm 
LOST Addict

I'm American by birth and Southern by the grace of God.

Southernosity

Only a Southerner knows the difference between a hissy fit and a conniption fit, and that you don't "HAVE" them, you "PITCH" them.

Only a Southerner knows how many fish, collard greens, turnip greens, peas, beans, etc., make up "a mess."

Only a Southerner can show or point! out to you the general Direction of "yonder."

Only a Southerner knows exactly how long "directly" is -- as in: "Going to town, be back directly." Even Southern babies know that "Gimme some sugar" is not a request for the white, granular sweet substance that sits in a pretty little bowl in the middle of the table

All Southerners know exactly when "by and by" is. They might not use the term, but they know the concept well.

Only a Southerner knows instinctively that the best gesture of solace for a neighbor who's got trouble is a plate of hot fried chicken and a big bowl of cold potato salad. If the neighbor's trouble is a real crisis, they also know to add a large nana puddin!

Only Southerners grow up knowing the difference between "right near” and "a right far piece."

They also know that "just down the road" can be 1 mile or 20.

Only a Southerner both knows and understands the difference between a redneck, a good ol' boy, and po' white trash.

No true Southerner would ever assume that the car with the flashing turn signal is actually going to make a turn.

A Southerner knows that "fixin" can be used as a noun, a verb, or an adverb.

Only Southerners make friends while standing in lines. We don't do "queues," we do "lines"; and when we're "in line," we talk to everybody!

Put 100 Southerners in a room and half of them will discover they're related, even if only by marriage.

Southerners never refer to one person as "ya'll."

Southerners know grits come from corn and how to eat them.

Every Southerner knows tomatoes with eggs, bacon, grits, and coffee are perfectly wonderful; that red eye gravy is also a breakfast food; and that fried green tomatoes are not a breakfast food.

When you hear someone say, "Well, I caught myself lookin'," you know you are in the presence of a genuine Southerner!

Only true Southerners say "sweet tea" and "sweet milk." Sweet tea indicates need for sugar and lots of it -- we do not like our tea unsweetened. "Sweet milk" means you don't want buttermilk.

And a true Southerner knows you don't scream obscenities at little old ladies who drive 30 MPH on the freeway. You just say, "Bless her heart" and go your own way.

To those of you who're still a little embarrassed by your Southerness: Take two tent revivals and a dose of sausage gravy and call me in the morning. Bless your heart!

And to those of you who are still having a hard time understanding all this Southern stuff, bless your hearts, I hear they are fixin' to have classes on Southernness as a second language! (Elderwise?) And for those that are not from the South but have lived here for a long time, ya'll need a sign to hang on ya'lls front porch that reads, "I ain't from the South but I got here as fast as I could." Bless your hearts; ya'll have a blessed day.

And one last thing only a true Southerner knows that when we say Bless his or her heart its not meant as a compliment unless the person its being said about is sick, dead or under 12 years of age.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:43 pm 
LOST Member

:-)r

Quote:

What's a Grit???

1984 Jeep CJ7 (Toy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:38 pm 
LOST Addict

fireman1028 wrote:

Quote:

What's a Grit???

Better watch out, some people might start thinking you're a Union spy! :lol:

My friends down in Texas, he's from Wyoming originally, and she's originally from upstate New York (farm country). I tease her every now and then about being a Yankee. Like, now that they're in Texas, their teenage daughter can find a nice tall Southern country boy to marry, and their 6 year old son will grow up talking with the proper accent! She gives me just as much grief about being a good ol' Southern boy. Bless her heart, she's a wonderful woman. :)

In my latest little jab, I told her than when I drive down over Christmas, we'll have to take a picture of our CRD's side by side. One painted Stone White, the other painted Yankee Blue! List rules and common decency prevent me from repeating what she said I could do with THAT comment! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:40 pm 
LOST Addict

fireman1028 wrote:

Quote:

What's a Grit???
Darn transplants. :roll:

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

What a difference a REVO makes! It's like night and day compared to the old ST's. Just had them installed Saturday and was actually HAPPY it was raining on our way home from Costco! My husband gave them quite a workout, and they really came through like a champ!

2008 "Jeep Green" Liberty 4x2 with moon roof
(I traded my 2005 Liberty CRD after way too many problems!)