It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:21 am 
LOST Addict

jinstall wrote:
Hmm this is one of the things I have been looking for. I run a SuperTrapp on my race cars. It allows me to adjust the backpressure of the exaust as well as adjust the loudness. This is very interesting. Does anyone havs a Particle Filter on their CRD or is that a europe only option? How many mufflers/resonators are there on the CRD? Ihave not gotten mine yet but I hope to have it in a few weeks. Does opening ut the exaust help any like maybe to 3"?

Not on US model till 2009 if I remember right, but could be on 20007 model. I just don't remember when it was said they would be on US diesels. One muffler is all it has, no resonator. Yes a 4 inch exhuast is about the bang for your buck mod you could do for the CRD, I believe it has a 2.5" exhuast. It may have been that it was just necked down to 2.5" at the muffler to be able to use same muffler & tail pipe for all three engines.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:44 am 
LOST Newbie

For all of you that went to the Flowmaster 40, have you seen any significant fuel mileage increase? I'm debating between aftermarket mufflers and trying to get an idea of what the advantages are on the Flowmaster 40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:02 pm 
LOST Addict

For me it was just cheaper then the Magnaflow and besides he didn't have the right one in stock. As for mileage I haven't checked yet but will post my finds when I do, most likely later today.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine