It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:52 am 
LOST Addict

oz_crd wrote:
RFCRD wrote:
On your repairs, I can see the dealer cleaning everything out (cooler, lines & trans housing) and installing new internal parts, especially if it would be a long wait for a replacement unit. As long as this was cleaned thoroughly (PITA) and repaired properly, it should be OK. If they took this route, I would look to get a list of any repair parts installed, maybe press them for an extra fluid & filter change in short order, and press them for some warranty extension.

Is that possible to get them to extend the warranty for things like this? I had actually thought of that, transmission shops give you a warranty on their work, but since there is another 55k+ miles on my warranty, you would think it in their best interest to fix it right this time. As for oldnavy's suggestion, i have really thought about going to a different dealer, but this one is less than a mile from my work, 2 miles from home. So i figure a: why should i have to go way out of my way, and b:why should i let them off the hook? they made the money from the sale, they should pony up the service when needed. We will see what happens when they talk to STAR today, maybe they will finally let the technician replace the whole trans like he wanted to do in the first place.

Mine has another 88k+ and it would be common sense to get it right the first time. The hight trans temps really bothers me, wondering if it's another "normal" thing @ the CRD. I have seen this before and it's not good. You didn't by chance spot a place to tap in a gauge?

One of the things on the big Allison was a very early service (which DDA said nothing about). A month after getting the coach, factory warranty rep was through the shop. First comments were "did you change the tranny filters yet?" I thought the was nuts. He took a serious "just do it" attitude with me. The old model had a very large spin-on exernal filter but this new one model has small cartrages inside the pan and a PITA to service (and two 5 gal buckets of fluid). Took care of it the following week, they were totally plugged with some of the nastiest black $##t I've ever seen. Stuff was from the build and break-in process, would plug the filters and starve the trans for oil resulting in poor lubrication and excess heat. Wonder if we have the same thing going on here?

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.