It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:52 am 
LOST Newbie

oldnavy wrote:
I'm not sure that your dealer would except the blog website as an offical warranty info if you need it on your '06 and and you had 55k miles on the Jeep.

That's not a blog. That's DC's own site with their own press release. I believe others have also confirmed it with the people at DC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

NetJunkie wrote:
Guys, we've covered this like 5 times already. DC released a press release saying all the '06 diesel engines had a 100K mile warranty. It was specifically announced with information about how well the CRDs were selling.

Here is the link straight from DC:

http://wwwsg.daimlerchrysler.com/SD7DEV ... -0,00.html

Here is the exact notice:

"Chrysler Group is extending the warranty on diesel engines in all 2006 model year vehicles; the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty covers engine parts and components up to five years or 100,000 miles."

Thanks, but 2006 warranty does not apply to me. I asked about my 2005 as I have in writing a minimum 7/70 on the Diesel and possibly a 7/100 on the Diesel in writing as well.

I did a search and found no resolution to the 7/100 on 05s, so it has not been covered here before a bunch of times. Like, ok? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well, I don't know how, or if it's possible, to upload the scanned page, so I'll just give it to you verbatim out of my Jeep Liberty 2006 Warranty Information booklet, starting on page 8:

2.2 Diesel Engine Limited Warranty

A. Who is covered?
You are covered by the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty for up to 3 years or 36,000 miles on the odometer,whichever comes first.

B. What's Covered?
In vehicles equipped with a diesel engine, the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair any defective item on your diesel engine that is defective in material, workmanship or factory preparation is covered by the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty. There is no list of covered parts.

C. When It Begins
The Diesel Engine Warranty begins at the end of either of the following dates, whichever is earlier: The date your vehicle has been in service for more than 36 months; or the date you've put more than 36,000 miles on the odometer.

D. Towing Costs Are Covered
The Diesel Engine Limited Warranty covers the cost of towing your vehicle to the nearest Jeep dealer if your vehicle cannot be driven because a covered part has failed. If you choose to go to another dealership, you will be responsible for the extra cost if the extradistance exceeds 10 miles. See Section 6.2 for information on how to get towing service in the United States and Canada.

The way I see it, I have at least a 72 month or 72,000 miles, whichever comes first, warranty on my diesel engine. If they ultimately give me more, so much the better. Hopefully it would never come to this, but if I'm arguing with them in court I think the plain language in the warranty booklet is going to be my best evidence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:07 pm 
LOST Addict

SCKJCRD wrote:
Well, I don't know how, or if it's possible, to upload the scanned page, so I'll just give it to you verbatim out of my Jeep Liberty 2006 Warranty Information booklet, starting on page 8:

A. Who is covered?
You are covered by the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty for up to 3 years or 36,000 miles on the odometer,whichever comes first.

B. What's Covered?
In vehicles equipped with a diesel engine, the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair any defective item on your diesel engine that is defective in material, workmanship or factory preparation is covered by the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty. There is no list of covered parts.

C. When It Begins
The Diesel Engine Warranty begins at the end of either of the following dates, whichever is earlier: The date your vehicle has been in service for more than 36 months; or the date you've put more than 36,000 miles on the odometer.

The Diesel Engine Limited Warranty covers the cost of towing your vehicle to the nearest Jeep dealer if your vehicle cannot be driven because a covered part has failed. If you choose to go to another dealership, you will be responsible for the extra cost if the extradistance exceeds 10 miles. See Section 6.2 for information on how to get towing service in the United States and Canada.

The way I see it, I have at least a 72 month or 72,000 miles, whichever comes first, warranty on my diesel engine. If they ultimately give me more, so much the better. Hopefully it would never come to this, but if I'm arguing with them in court I think the plain language in the warranty booklet is going to be my best evidence.
The first time I read it I thought it was just 3/36 and had to read it a second time to catch what you are refering to as 72/72 waranty. I see laywers in the future for warranty problems after 36k miles.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes, the key to it is Part C, "When It Begins". Also, if it only ran for the same 36 months or 36k miles as the basic warranty, why would they need a sepaprate diesel engine warranty at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

oldnavy wrote:
SCKJCRD wrote:

A. Who is covered?

B. What's Covered?

C. When It Begins

The first time I read it I thought it was just 3/36 and had to read it a second time to catch what you are refering to as 72/72 waranty. I see laywers in the future for warranty problems after 36k miles.

Confusing Stuff...

So, the 2006 CRD has:
1.) 3/36 B2B (bumper to bumper)
2.) 3/36 Diesel Engine Limited Warranty starting after 3/36 B2B,
so effectively giving 6yrs/72k miles of Diesel Engine Coverage.
3.) 5/100 Diesel Engine Warranty by Chrysler Press Release.

Hence, the 2005 CRD has:
1.) 3/36 B2B
2.) 7/70 Powertrain Extended Warranty that includes specified Diesel
engine and components. (deductible applies)
3.) 7/100 Diesel Engine Limited Warranty per the 24 Hours Roadside
assistance phamplet with no components listed or specified.
4.) Some 2005 CRD owners report a 5yr/100k Diesel Limited Engine
Warranty in their Warrany Book (but not the 7/100 listed above).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

My wife has been talking to those contacts listed on the DC website. They keep telling her that they will have to get back to her about the 5/100 warranty to this time they will not accept liabilty nor admit it exists.

1999 Porsche Carrera 4, Can't tow with this one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

SCKJCRD:

My 2006 Jeep Liberty Warranty Information book page 8 has a Section 2.2 entitled CORROSION WARRANTY.

There is no section titled Diesel Engine in the booklet. The warranty period is 36 months or 36,000 miles B2B.
It is a 2006 CRD vehicle. The back of the booklet states:81-016-6002 GAS & DIESEL , First Editon.

How about give us the part number on your booklet and the edition number? Then, those of is that don't have that edition can order it from DCJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

The part # on my warranty book is 81-016-6022, Gas and Diesel, First Edition, Printed in USA. As I think I said earlier, mine was built 3/06. I bought it last Friday, 6/23/06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:25 am 
LOST Newbie

The part number I put in had a typo. Mine is also 81-016-6022. However, there is no section pertaining to a diesel engine within the booklet.

I'll drop by the dealership and look at a new book to see if it is in there. Doesn't make a whole lot of difference since I don't plan on keeping it that long. The turbo lag is getting to me. The fact that it doesn't spool up more quickly has to be a software issue concerning the throttle solenoid or the programming generally. I've had a number of diesels with electronic controls and this thing is terrible compared to them. Seven vehicles since 93, 5 of them CRD, one with electronic controls but no common rail and one the old Ford indirect injection and mechanical pump. This CRD is a dog compared to any of those earlier vehicles I had and creates a safety issue with pulling out into traffic.

Thanks for the reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Factory response to query concerning 2006 CRD warranty. Nothing complicated about that.

Thanks for contacting Dr.Z. Your message has been forwarded to us for
response in concerns to your warranty concern.

Our records indicate that your warranty is showing as the following.

BASIC : 36 Months or 36,000 Miles
POWERTRAIN : 36 Months or 36,000 Miles
PERFORATION : 60 Months or 100,000 Miles
EMISSIONS : 36 Months or 36,000 Miles
ADJUSTMENT : 36 Months or 36,000 Miles
AIR CONDITIONING : 36 Months or 36,000 Miles
EXTENDED FEDERAL EMISSIONS : 96 Months or 80,000 Miles

This is not included any extended warranty information that you may have
additionally purchased. I hope this will better address your concerns.

Thanks again for your "Z"mail.

Sincerely,

Josh

Senior Staff Representative
Dr.Z's Customer Action Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

groucho wrote:

Well that should cover EGR and CCV...now if we can just get the tranny as a required EPA item :roll:

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

DarbyWalters wrote:
groucho wrote:

Well that should cover EGR and CCV...now if we can just get the tranny as a required EPA item :roll:

Only thing covered by this one is the specific listed components and in my '05 Manual lists only two things. The PCM and the Catalytic Converter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:34 pm 
LOST Addict

DarbyWalters wrote:
groucho wrote:

EPA specificlly list EGR as 2/24 unless coverered further by mfg under B to B warranty such as a 3/36 B to B warranty.Google it if you do not believe me.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

I stand by my earlier posts. Why my book is apparently different from everyone else's is a mystery to me. Someone tell me how to post pictures and I'll take a picture of the page and post it for everyone to see. Given the clear language in my book, I am prepared to fight them in court if necessary. Hopefully I will have a trouble-free Jeep and good dealer service, and it will not come to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SCKJCRD wrote:
I stand by my earlier posts. Why my book is apparently different from everyone else's is a mystery to me. Someone tell me how to post pictures and I'll take a picture of the page and post it for everyone to see. Given the clear language in my book, I am prepared to fight them in court if necessary. Hopefully I will have a trouble-free Jeep and good dealer service, and it will not come to that.

My book from my January 06 reads just like yours and it's necessary to read it carefully to spot it. I "assumed" when they downgraded the warranty from the 05's they made modifications without reading it all and screwed up :lol:

We need a class action! I'm affraid they're going to dump their mistakes on us. I like the car but they really have some programming to do with the engine management. What people call "turbo lag" is not what we have. VW uses the same VxT Garrett turbo and they do not have any lag. I feel they are favoring the tranny and torque converter to keep them together :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:23 am 
LOST Addict

Joe Romas wrote:
We need a class action! I'm affraid they're going to dump their mistakes on us. I like the car but they really have some programming to do with the engine management. What people call "turbo lag" is not what we have. VW uses the same VxT Garrett turbo and they do not have any lag. I feel they are favoring the tranny and torque converter to keep them together :shock:

You are closer than you think on this one. More commonly known as a "throttle delay" started showing up in OTR buses @ 2000 model year to reduce black smoke on launch from a dead stop. It's embedded in the injector timing logic and required to meet EPA emissions. It's even more annoying in a 50K lb road coach.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:35 am 
LOST Addict

RFCRD wrote:
Joe Romas wrote:

You are closer than you think on this one. More commonly known as a "throttle delay" started showing up in OTR buses @ 2000 model year to reduce black smoke on launch from a dead stop. It's embedded in the injector timing logic and required to meet EPA emissions. It's even more annoying in a 50K lb road coach.
It is in all new cars in the last few years and most people don't notice it in their N/A gas engines, but it does jump out when you go to a turbo gasser or turbo diesel. It was even evident in my two TDI's and I had the VAG-COM programming and knew how to use it and had both mine tweaked to the max.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:33 am 
LOST Newbie

Here are some pictures from my warranty book. Many thanks to oldnavy for helping me post them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the photos. I am notifying DCJ that they better send me the correct warranty booklet forthwith, with a copy to the NC Attorney General's offce and my dealer. DCJ's email to me (pasted into my last post) indicates clearly that they are scamming and constitutes fraud. Either I get "your" warranty or you get "mine".

How many folk purchased an extended warranty on the basis of a warranty booklet indicating a total coverage of 36k miles or 36 months? Thus, the fraudulent "setup" to sell the extended warranties. The hook on the Extended Warranty is that if a claim is filed, say on the first day you own the vehicle, the Extended Warranty applies and any "refund" will reflect the expenditure of that claim. In other words, you can continue the warranty but cannot cancel within the first 60 days with a full refund. The refund would have a deduction for the "claim". Consequently, an early "claim" that normally would have been covered by the Basic Warranty that all receive would be "paid for" by the purchaser of the Extended Warranty.

Maybe I can make that kraut clown speak English without an accent! Or at least, fluent German with subtitles!

Thanks again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next