It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:49 pm 
LOST Member

LOL yea, at this point the CRDs reputation, not-withstanding the slight reduction in HP and/or Torque, for reliability to anyone who snoops around the net on edmunds/kbb user forum and here is crap. If DC can work out all of the major issues, maybe that'll improve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

If one is looking at mis-representation, then take a look at DCX intentionally programing the EVIC to display a fuel economy reading of 10-15% higher then reality.....that is fraud in my book. Solving a problem that was unintentional by some small but undefined reduction in torque is much less so. Why are we overlooking the fact that Jeep is spending a lot of money trying to do right by us CRD owners?

I still want the EVIC to be correct and am getting nowhere.

Just my thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

I wanted to apologize for the inaccuracy in the numbers I reported earlier as they are somewhat too high.

The official statement I heard regarding that is the EVIC is supposed to report a F.E. which is slightly under the actual. I cannot report the actual numbers to which it's calibrated for obvious reasons, but nowhere what I was previously told. Why this is the reason I have no idea...

Just wanted to clarify the position some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:21 pm 
LOST Member

Count me in.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:24 pm 
LOST Addict

MrMopar64 wrote:
I wanted to apologize for the inaccuracy in the numbers I reported earlier as they are somewhat too high.

The official statement I heard regarding that is the EVIC is supposed to report a F.E. which is slightly under the actual. I cannot report the actual numbers to which it's calibrated for obvious reasons, but nowhere what I was previously told. Why this is the reason I have no idea...

Just wanted to clarify the position some.

???I don't see the post you are correcting. Maybe it's me.

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

litton wrote:
If one is looking at mis-representation, then take a look at DCX intentionally programing the EVIC to display a fuel economy reading of 10-15% higher then reality.....that is fraud in my book. Solving a problem that was unintentional by some small but undefined reduction in torque is much less so. Why are we overlooking the fact that Jeep is spending a lot of money trying to do right by us CRD owners?

I still want the EVIC to be correct and am getting nowhere.

Just my thoughts.

Yours may be that far off, mine is not. The only error I can reliably attribute to my EVIC is related to an error in the odometer and that under reports the mileage.

I can tell you that I do not believe that I can reliably fill my CRD fuel tank on a consistant basis given the differences in foaming of the fuel, ground levelness, my patience and other factors to consider hand calculation anywhere near reliable by comparison. I think that those who can must be Gods!

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:15 pm 
LOST Member

MrMopar64 wrote:
...The official statement I heard regarding that is the EVIC is supposed to report a F.E. which is slightly under the actual. I cannot report the actual numbers to which it's calibrated for obvious reasons, but nowhere what I was previously told. Why this is the reason I have no idea...

The EVIC is supposed to be under reporting fuel economy? That's funny (in a greek tragedy sort of way), because I must be getting screwed big time. Only recently has the calculated mileage average exceeded the 21mpg historical average. However, the EVIC routinely reports 24 through 26 mpg for my routine driving, and on a long driving trip which earned a real 24.8mpg the EVIC had reported over 30mpg. It doesn't really matter if I reset the EVIC MPG at fillups or let it run averages across several tanks.

Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:29 pm 
LOST Member

Cowcatcher wrote:
Yours may be that far off, mine is not. The only error I can reliably attribute to my EVIC is related to an error in the odometer and that under reports the mileage.

I can tell you that I do not believe that I can reliably fill my CRD fuel tank on a consistant basis given the differences in foaming of the fuel, ground levelness, my patience and other factors to consider hand calculation anywhere near reliable by comparison. I think that those who can must be Gods!

I ordinarily fillup after the light comes on. I can consistently pump more than 19.5 gal, sometimes over 20, into the tank. Any variation readily correlates to how much farther I drove after the light come on.

I'm not a god -- just reeeal mellow and patient ;-) I let the pump run at its slowest speed and shoot the breeze with the station owner. He likes talking about diesels. It takes a few more minutes to let whatever foam there is die down and then finish the topoff. The alternative is doing it quickly and inconsistently which means returning to the office sooner and making the lunch break that much shorter. Now, if I were going fishing, I might be in more of a hurry.

Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:34 pm 
LOST Member

I want my torque back and a real powertrain fix to maximize the potential of this engine. So you can count me in on this effort.

Incidently, if somehow it is proven that the same situation exists in the foreign market, those consumers may also litigate DCX regarding this potentially fraudulent situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:46 pm 
LOST Member

SuperDave_001 wrote:

I am the lurking friend. I did call DCX and they did tell me that the torque reduction was an overall reduction in torque for the vehicle. RTStabler51 and I are going to have our vehicles run on a local dyno before I take mine in. I will run it again afterword. As a side note, maybe we should see if others want to dyno their Libbys too. Who knows, maybe we can get a discount. I have allready contacted a lawyer and left them my question. I will keep you posted.

Super D.

Two questions:

1) Any news on the dyno run?
2) What did your lawyer say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:47 pm 
LOST Member

Interest still there to fight DCX? Or has it waned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

T^2 wrote:

Yes. Did you get yours dyno tested :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:57 pm 
LOST Member

T^2 wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm going to. I'm lurking/waiting to see if somebody else goes to the dyno to see what happens.

Post subject: DCX and the Fight
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes I do still intend on fighting them. I was dealing with a pro bono lawyer so he is slow to get back to me. Bassically he said we would have to "prove" that the market value of the vehicle was affected by the decrease in power. He also indicated that there might be many other "winable" avenues to pursue. I will post more when I know more. As for the dyno run, yes I still intend on doing it. This process will not happen quickly for me as I am about to return to active duty for 4 months and will not realy be able to pursue this. I would like to get the first dyno run done before the 22nd of Dec but I haven't even called the shop to see if they can do it. Was anyone else in the area (Manassas VA) interested in doing a dyno run? These guys might cut us a little better deal. Currently the price is $75 for 3 pulls.

Post subject: Re: DCX and the Fight
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SuperDave_001 wrote:
Yes I do still intend on fighting them. I was dealing with a pro bono lawyer so he is slow to get back to me. Bassically he said we would have to "prove" that the market value of the vehicle was affected by the decrease in power. He also indicated that there might be many other "winable" avenues to pursue. I will post more when I know more. As for the dyno run, yes I still intend on doing it. This process will not happen quickly for me as I am about to return to active duty for 4 months and will not realy be able to pursue this. I would like to get the first dyno run done before the 22nd of Dec but I haven't even called the shop to see if they can do it. Was anyone else in the area (Manassas VA) interested in doing a dyno run? These guys might cut us a little better deal. Currently the price is $75 for 3 pulls.

A little far for me, I'm on Ohio. Thanks for your work :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:59 am 
LOST Newbie

How about losing 10,000 dollars in 6 months, granted these are KBB values, but I'm tired of the constant trips to the service manager who treats me like an idiot. Telling me there is a throttle valve in there (pointing tward the turbo). and the 06' models only have a 3/36,000 warrenty. Turthfully i'm done with DC and Jeep, to many issues for a daily driver, if I could unload our liberty without losing our stupid is would be done today. Have to wonder why they (DC) dropped the 100k in '05 to a 36k in '06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:31 pm 
LOST Member

Goglio704 wrote:
vtdog wrote:
Take a deep breath pablo. You will get a succesful class action suit on the CRD right after VP Cheney finishes his first marathon

Your comment contributes nothing to the discussion and may cause yet another thread to become angry and political.

So which political party thinks Cheney can run a marathon then? :twisted:

Seriously, there is nothing political about that. The guy has had like 38 heart attacks...

But in reading through this thread - I seriously remind people that a class action lawsuit will in all reality NET YOU VERY LITTLE.

They simply would be innefective at anything except making the lawyers rich and making DC regret the CRD if they don't already.

A better result for us as customers would be to get the NHTSA (or did I screw that up? NTSHA? Whatever that organization is) to force more recalls to get things right.

Any way you look at it DC does not care about the individual, but we do have strength in numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

So a better question is, Did all of our complaints/report that were filed aid in the current F37 recall? If so we just may have to continue that course of action untill everything is fixed correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:11 am 
LOST Addict

tha3rdman wrote:
So a better question is, Did all of our complaints/report that were filed aid in the current F37 recall? If so we just may have to continue that course of action untill everything is fixed correctly.

I am wondering the same thing, Is there any way to find out what finally pushed DC to do this. I would like to think it was voluntary, but I am having a hard time making myself believe that one.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:48 am 
LOST Addict

Jeger wrote:
tha3rdman wrote:

I am wondering the same thing, Is there any way to find out what finally pushed DC to do this. I would like to think it was voluntary, but I am having a hard time making myself believe that one.

Recall choices like this are usually made for financial reasons. Most engineered products have an "acceptable" statistical failure threshold. Cross the threshold and it becomes more economical to take another course of action. Would be more likely to find the cost of warranty claims has exceeded the cost of preventative action. Some would also weigh in the cost of litigation and buy-backs, all depends on the manufacturer.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next