It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:06 am 
LOST Newbie

Here is DCJ's latest response to the warranty booklet:

Thanks for contacting Dr.Z. Your message has been forwarded to us for
response.

It's always of concern to learn that a customer is dissatisfied. Over
the past few years, DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation has made
tremendous gains in improving customer satisfaction. In your case, we
apparently have not met your expectations.

Our sincerest apologies for the problems you have had. I hope we will
have another chance to restore your faith in us.

However our records do not indicate that your vehicle has
any warranty coverage for the diesel engine outside of your 3 year or
36,000 mile, whichever occurs first, powertrain warranty.

Thanks again for your "Z"mail.

Sincerely,

Josh

So, there ya have it - and you better hang on to that Warranty Book. I mentioned to them that I was sending a copy to the NC Attorney General and they apparently could care less. So, we'll see who does what. I'm sending a copy of the photos and the correspondence to the Attorney General's office for an opinion.

NOTE:I just got another reply from old Josh when I sent him a photo of the 2.2 section and he swears I just ain't got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi Folks;

I'm a recent CRD owner (purchased in May), and my warranty book says the same thing as the photos posted above. I only have a little over 1000 miles on the vehicle, and figured I'd wait unitil I'm closer to the 1 year/12,000 miles and then buy the extended warranty. I admit that upon closer inspection of the warranty manual, it seems clear that the "When It Begins" section is explicit in stating thtat it begins AFTER the 3 year/36,000 mile time, not at the begin of the life of the vehicle, as is stated under the basic warranty terms.

Clearly I haven't had any warranty issues yet, but I'd like to actually know what I've got before I spend more money.

Combine this with the "100K warranty press release" controversy, I'd suggest that this is a class-action suit waiting to happen.

Please keep going forward with this issue, as I am VERY interested in knowing what the final outcome will be.

Thanks!

<u>Accessories</u>: Mopar Mud Flaps, Bra, and Seat Covers; Husky Floor and Cargo Liners; BoulderBars; Daystar 1.5Ft/2.5Rr Lift Kit; Rancho RSX17505 Struts/RS99248 Shocks; Amsoil EaO34 Filter, Euro 5W-40 Oil, Cetane Booster, and Fuel Additive Concentrates
<u>For the Future</u>: 255/70/16 AT2s or Revos (?)

Post subject: Mine does not have it
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:05 am 
LOST Addict

Wow, mine does not have it.

Same part number and everything-- but the 2.2 section is for Corrosion Warranty. The whole section is eliminated. Bought mine in December, it was an early 06.

Post subject: Mine Does
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:30 am 
LOST Member

I bought mine 3 weeks ago, and it has it. It was built May 20th. Its in the warranty booklet!

Born on 5-20-2006 @ 7:20pm
Jeep Green, Oil drain valve
Tow Package, Transmission skid plate
EHM2, ORM,
Current mileage 79,000.
Past Jeeps: 63 CJ5,
1994, 1995, 2000 Cherokee,
1995, 1997, 2003 Wrangler

Post subject: 05 CRD Warranty
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:12 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello to everyone. I've been looking at this sight for a few Days. I just joined, this is my first post.
I'm a car salesman at a Chevy dealership in Tampa Fl. I bought an 05 "Limited CRD" 4X4 yesterday, that was a trade for a Corvette.
My warranty manual on page 11, says that the waranty for the powertrain is for 7 years or 70K miles, after the 3/36 waranty ends, less a $100 deductable/visit. This morning I went to the local Jeep dealer, and it cost me $125 to transfer the warranty to me.
The part # of my manual is 81-016-5016, which is earlier than the one in the picture.

AH the wunderful world of the car business!! :roll:

Post subject: 06 CRD Warranty
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:44 am 
LOST Member

I called customer service at DC, and asked them about the warranty described in my warranty booklet. They acted sort of dumb, and said that they would have to recearch it and call me back next week. Well next week came and went....no call. Figures. Maybe they are scrambling and trying to figure out what to do? :shock:

Born on 5-20-2006 @ 7:20pm
Jeep Green, Oil drain valve
Tow Package, Transmission skid plate
EHM2, ORM,
Current mileage 79,000.
Past Jeeps: 63 CJ5,
1994, 1995, 2000 Cherokee,
1995, 1997, 2003 Wrangler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:26 am 
LOST Newbie

My salesman called me yesterday PM and said the sales mgr. had called 3 times to his DC contact to check it out and she hadn't returned his call yet. Doubtless, he told her what he wanted and is getting the stall. DC may not have learned about the two booklets for the 06 until recently. Who knows?

I think anyone having the correct booklet, that is showing "2.2 Diesel Engine Limited Warranty" instead of "2.2 Corrosion Limited Warranty", had better keep it in a fire safe. It will take a government authority to get DC to cough up the truth. If you have the diesel warranty in writing, you have the warranty. It is far too late for DC to issue any press releases about a "misprint" now. They are stuck with it.

The unfortunate thing is that the warranty may well be needed. I don't think they can be forced to change anything for those who don't have the better warranty, as expressed in the warranty booklet. The Motori 2.8 will still be used in 2007 models, including the Wrangler, but for export only. Thus, they have engines.

If those of you who have an 06 without the diesel engine limited warranty in your warranty booklet would contact Dr. Z, perhaps they might say something definitive more quickly. Not them, but DC in a public statement or through the dealers.

For those that have the extra warranty for the diesel, I sure wouldn't write or call them as though there was some confusion about the terms. The language is clear and not confused. You have 36k & 3 yrs. PLUS 36k and 3 yrs. It cannot be disputed on the basis of the language of the booklet. They might say that isn't what they meant, but that is irrelevant. I certainly wouldn't ask some DC hack to interpret a clearly written warranty for me. The folk at Dr. Z will not tell you anything legally binding anyway. They are probably located anyplace EXCEPT the North American continent.

DC is not "scrambling". They are "stonewalling". Never trust a guy that wears a squirrel under his nose and speaks as though he was doing a vaudeville schtick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:32 pm 
LOST Addict

My booklet does have the extra 3/36 stated. Build date 5-11-06
Has anyone requested a replacement warranty booklet? It wonder what you would get?

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeepcrd wrote:
This topic is why I came looking, and found, this web site. My '05 CRD was built last June. My manual states that the extended Diesel Engine warranty starts at the end of the 3/36, and continues with, and as part of, the 7/70 extended powertrain warranty - clear as day.

Here's what throws me - I have a 24 Hours Roadside Assistance Phamplet that is worded more like a warranty manual. In it states that in addition to my 3/36 full coverage warranty, and my 7/70 powertrain extended warranty, I have a 7/100 Limited Diesel Engine Warranty and that 24 Hour Roadside Assistance will be covered as long as the breakdown is part of that 7/100 warrantable defect.

I have what you described above exactly. Mine was built on 6/20/06. I'm at 13,500 miles right now and trying to slow down to keep within the 3/36 as long as possible.

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject: Same in my book
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:15 pm 
LOST Member

I've got a 5/06 build and have the same warranty conditions stating that diesel has a warranty that starts after 3 years or 36K miles. Pretty easy to see this as an additional warrranty, no matter how someone at a dealership desires to interpret the matter.

Post subject: Copyright date?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

SCKJCRD wrote:
Well, I don't know how, or if it's possible, to upload the scanned page, so I'll just give it to you verbatim out of my Jeep Liberty 2006 Warranty Information booklet, starting on page 8:

2.2 Diesel Engine Limited Warranty

A. Who is covered?
You are covered by the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty for up to 3 years or 36,000 miles on the odometer,whichever comes first.

B. What's Covered?
In vehicles equipped with a diesel engine, the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair any defective item on your diesel engine that is defective in material, workmanship or factory preparation is covered by the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty. There is no list of covered parts.

C. When It Begins
The Diesel Engine Warranty begins at the end of either of the following dates, whichever is earlier: The date your vehicle has been in service for more than 36 months; or the date you've put more than 36,000 miles on the odometer.

D. Towing Costs Are Covered
The Diesel Engine Limited Warranty covers the cost of towing your vehicle to the nearest Jeep dealer if your vehicle cannot be driven because a covered part has failed. If you choose to go to another dealership, you will be responsible for the extra cost if the extradistance exceeds 10 miles. See Section 6.2 for information on how to get towing service in the United States and Canada.

The way I see it, I have at least a 72 month or 72,000 miles, whichever comes first, warranty on my diesel engine. If they ultimately give me more, so much the better. Hopefully it would never come to this, but if I'm arguing with them in court I think the plain language in the warranty booklet is going to be my best evidence.

SCKJCRD, What is the copyright year listed on page one?

Post subject: Canadian Warranty.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well, looks like I have the usual 3-60 initial B2B as everybody else BUT I also have a specific diesel-engine full warranty for 5-100 from the factory. The American warranty booklet was also included for some reason and it doesn't mention anything specific to diesel - just the corrosion section in 2.2... My warranty info was found on the reverse of the maintenance schedule booklet which only lists Schedule 'B' for my country - interesting.

FYI.

John.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:14 am 
LOST Newbie

NetJunkie wrote:
Guys, we've covered this like 5 times already. DC released a press release saying all the '06 diesel engines had a 100K mile warranty. It was specifically announced with information about how well the CRDs were selling.

Here is the link straight from DC:

http://wwwsg.daimlerchrysler.com/SD7DEV ... -0,00.html

Here is the exact notice:

"Chrysler Group is extending the warranty on diesel engines in all 2006 model year vehicles; the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty covers engine parts and components up to five years or 100,000 miles."

I notice that the specific link doesn't mention 06 warranties. Do you have the link to "here is the exact notice:"? Or, perhaps that link you gave originally mentioned the 06 warranty but has since been cleaned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

groucho wrote:
NetJunkie wrote:
Guys, we've covered this like 5 times already. DC released a press release saying all the '06 diesel engines had a 100K mile warranty. It was specifically announced with information about how well the CRDs were selling.

Here is the link straight from DC:

http://wwwsg.daimlerchrysler.com/SD7DEV ... -0,00.html

Here is the exact notice:

"Chrysler Group is extending the warranty on diesel engines in all 2006 model year vehicles; the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty covers engine parts and components up to five years or 100,000 miles."

I notice that the specific link doesn't mention 06 warranties. Do you have the link to "here is the exact notice:"? Or, perhaps that link you gave originally mentioned the 06 warranty but has since been cleaned.

As quoted directly from that link toward the bottom of the text:

Chrysler Group is extending the warranty on diesel engines in all 2006 model year vehicles; the Diesel Engine Limited Warranty covers engine parts and components up to five years or 100,000 miles.

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey, I got it this time. Thanks!

Jeep, by email, says no. In any case, I've given my dealer ample time to respond and they haven't so tomorrow my wife will send the little package to the NC AG requesting that they ask DC what the deal is.

I don't have anyone in NC showing the additional warranty in a booklet but do have the chap in SC.

Course the AG can always say that there is not an issue since I have only photos but they might want to determine if DC has differing standards of warranties, State by State, as in emissions warranties. I'll include a copy of the press release.

In any case, it will be an official deal. And it will give the other side that have the 06 warranty booklet with the greater warranty period a notion about DC's attitude also. Perhaps the AG can encourage DCJeep to issue a definitive letter.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

groucho wrote:
Hey, I got it this time. Thanks!

Jeep, by email, says no. In any case, I've given my dealer ample time to respond and they haven't so tomorrow my wife will send the little package to the NC AG requesting that they ask DC what the deal is.

I don't have anyone in NC showing the additional warranty in a booklet but do have the chap in SC.

Course the AG can always say that there is not an issue since I have only photos but they might want to determine if DC has differing standards of warranties, State by State, as in emissions warranties. I'll include a copy of the press release.

In any case, it will be an official deal. And it will give the other side that have the 06 warranty booklet with the greater warranty period a notion about DC's attitude also. Perhaps the AG can encourage DCJeep to issue a definitive letter.

Thanks.

Hey Groucho - I'm in Raleigh, and have a book showing the Diesel starting at the end of 3 years or 36,000 miles.

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

modelaford:

Hey that's great! Be sure and keep that book in a fire safe or some secure place. I'm in Asheville, so if the AG requests to see an actual copy I'd be very willing to pay for any expense you might incur to let their office look at it.

I'm basically hoping that they can get Jeep to make a definitive statement and they need to since they have two differing Warranty booklets for the same model vehicle.

I appreciate the tip.

I may not keep this thing long (I hardly ever do, but perhaps can get it striaght for the next owner).

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

DC has declined to respond to the NC Attorney General concerning the warranty for the 06 CRD diesel engine. The NC Attorney General has contacted them again asking for an immediate response. So, there ya go!

DC will have to move on warranties soon since Ford is now 5/60k and GM is 5/100k. All the foreign top-sellers offer longer warranties than DCs pitiful warranty.

I will update the post when I hear something further. I think I shall dispose of this vehicle in the near future. Way too much hassle and at my age, I hate wasting time on crap like this. Imagine croaking at a Jeep dealership waiting for the umpteenth recall or TSB flash to be performed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tHANKS FOR THE UPDATE.

I'm retiring in December :D and may need to get out of the house to excape the grand childern and going to the jeep dealer for recall F509 will give me something to look foward to :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Joe,

We had 4 Cherokees without incident except for a dealership/third-party incident on the last one. That spoiled us so this Liberty is a bit of a shock. I don't really stay with it, I just drop it off, but it is getting tiresome. caveat emptor is still the order of the day, the AG's office aside.

You have one of the finest zoos in the country there, so get those grandbabies and get over there. I hope you can stay out of the dealership!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next