It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: F37 report - very satisfied
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Torque Monster wrote:
I’d be driving around in a PT cruiser rental for two months, but got a surprise when the dealer called last night and said it was ready.

Let me get this right.. 2 Months in the dealersip.. so for those months did you still have to make a payment on a vehicle you couldn't drive.... ???

2006 Liberty CRD Limited
Viper remote starter / alarm
Rocky Road 2.5" Lift
"Rubicon" 16" Wheels
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R - 245/75/16 -
EDGE Products CRD EZ Module

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:28 pm 
LOST Member

I've got my CRD at the dealership since 1/8/07 for the F37 & LBJ recalls, dead battery, and possibly 2 new rear window regulators (due to clunking sounds when going up and down), oh and the new on monday was, the tech was reprograming the TCM and it burned up, so they are trying to locate one somewhere in the country to install it in mine and get the job done. AMAZING

Post subject: Re: F37 report - very satisfied
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:12 am 
LOST Newbie

Emos Way wrote:
Torque Monster wrote:
I’d be driving around in a PT cruiser rental for two months, but got a surprise when the dealer called last night and said it was ready.

Let me get this right.. 2 Months in the dealersip.. so for those months did you still have to make a payment on a vehicle you couldn't drive.... ???

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I only thought it would be gone for 2 months with the backorder. My Liberty was only out of my possession for 30 days, thankfully.
I can’t really complain. The dealer provided me with a rental vehicle free of charge during this time. (Of course January's payment still had to be made :| )

Put another 50 miles on it today, still pleased with the way it drives. :D

Chris J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I called Jeep in Bentonville, Arkansas to schedule the recall. Believe or not, Jeep took my CRD that day so they could get a fresh start the next morning! It was done all in one day! We drove down (we live in Missouri) to pick it up and Sarah drove it home. She said it drove good and shifted through all the gears smoothly. The previous problems were (1) stalling when coming to a stop, (2) wanting to surge in 1st gear even though it was at idle, (3)erratic shifting, (4) and grinding noises while coming to a stop. All these problems were all gone after the F37 recall. I’m very happy with the dealership as they kept me updated throughout the day on the progress. I will definitely go back to this dealership if necessary as they seemed very confident. Now we'll see how long the TC will hold up.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

Never had studders, stalls or shimmies before F37. Now that I have had F37, I get the rumble strip sensation betwwn 50 -53 mph. I hope someone cracks the code on this somtime soon, so we can all have a real fix. The way I see it is, if I have to pay for an after market fix it is still cheaper than a new car payment. Hopefuly Diamler Chrysler will do right by us :?

extended front bump stops
Provent CCV
Rear ARB Locker
Mac-Mini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Groo wrote:
Never had studders, stalls or shimmies before F37. Now that I have had F37, I get the rumble strip sensation betwwn 50 -53 mph. I hope someone cracks the code on this somtime soon, so we can all have a real fix. The way I see it is, if I have to pay for an after market fix it is still cheaper than a new car payment. Hopefuly Diamler Chrysler will do right by us :?

Did they replace the pump or just the TC?

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Goglio704 wrote:
Groo wrote:

You beat me to it....Sounds like fluid control problems, leaky pump/seals or not enough fluid put it from the recall.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had the TC replaced a week ago here in Calgary and I'm happy with the result. The dealer had it in and out in a day. All the jerks and clunks are gone. There is a different feel, but hotrod starts aren't as important as the steady pull. :wink:

My only concern in the whole thing is a new clunk/crunch when taking off from a start....glad I bought extended warranty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:33 am 
LOST Newbie

I checked the tranny fluid when I got home, it was sitting right at warm full, so I don't think it low fluids. When I spoke with the service manager and tranny tech they said my pump was good, and all that was replaced was my TC. I guess only time will tell, hopefully before my warranty expires.

extended front bump stops
Provent CCV
Rear ARB Locker
Mac-Mini