It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Codes Codes..
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:15 pm 
LOST Member

Well the crd went to the dealer today. Pulled all sorts of codes, preformed the PCM TSB but still getting the codes(299,401). Now there blaming it on the aftermarket Air Filter in there. Had the KN in there but pulled it out before I went to the dealer and put a aftermarket STP in there. But dc is even saying that will cause it to throw codes and Its gotta have there OEM filter in. Before they will go any further. Does this make sense?

Post subject: sounds like BS ....
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

That's like saying that if you use a motoroil other than mopar then the warranty is void??? Are you kidding me. As long as it is an approved replacement part they don't have a right to decline. I would call around to a couple of other dealers, get their position on the situation.

Else, get them to put in an OEM filter, on the condition that if the codes still show up then there is no cost to you. IF they don't, well deal with it, pay it, go home put in your K&N and keep the OEM for the next time you have to deal with the stealership.

(Just pi$$es me off when dealers can't stand behind their product.)

(_l_|_,\____\,_
{----__---_(olllllllo)
()_)"""""()_)--"--)_)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:13 pm 
LOST Member

Yea, they made me PAY, well did get a discount. 16 bucks. They did say if the codes didnt clear up theyd refund it.

I did call several Jeep dealers around my area and NONE have ever seen a CRD come back in to there shop. And the guy that worked on mine said he only got 2 days training. Great....

Would Exhaust mods cause those codes? Is that something Jeep would even look at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

All the dealers call on 800# for tech help. The people at the STAR Center know all about modified exhaust on CRD's. And by the way your welcome.
Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:54 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks Pat.
I just never had any experiance with any new car dealer. First new car I ever bought.

So is the Exhaust something they will tell the tech to look at? Should I just deal with the Codes?

Oh, BTW... They pulled more than just the 299 401 codes.. Like 20 codes he said.. Weird ones to..

Air Bag Deployed Code
Low Battery Voltage Code

Weird.. Air bags have never been deployed, and the battery was tested ok/

Post subject: Re: Codes Codes..
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Danno wrote:
Well the crd went to the dealer today. Pulled all sorts of codes, preformed the PCM TSB but still getting the codes(299,401). Now there blaming it on the aftermarket Air Filter in there. Had the KN in there but pulled it out before I went to the dealer and put a aftermarket STP in there. But dc is even saying that will cause it to throw codes and Its gotta have there OEM filter in. Before they will go any further. Does this make sense?

First off the dealer is full of crap. I'd demand my money back, and then speak to the general manager. If he says the same thing then keep going up the chain until you find someone willing to correct this behavior. Also keep in mind (in case they give you more trouble) that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) states that the use of aftermarket modifications (including air filters, exhaust and the like) is not grounds for voiding or refusing to honor a warranty, unless it can be proven that said modification caused the problem in question.

Changing your air filter or exhaust shouldn't cause any codes unless you damaged a sensor somehow during the install.

L.O.S.T. #0

Future:
2016 Hydro Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

Previous:
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Sold!
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Dealer buyback
2003 Silver KJ Freedom 4x4 - Sold!
32s, Frankenlift, BBars, onboard air, dirt.
KJ EVIC Install

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:19 am 
LOST Newbie

IT sounds like a new PCM and an EGR valve are in your future.
Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:48 am 
LOST Member

Yea new PCM and EGR was my guess to. But the tech didnt even know where the EGR was. Actually Pointed over to the turbo wastegate. I knew where it was cause n3quik posted the page from the Service manual.

Just weird cause it does seem as the jeep is running good. Getting like 24-26 in the city. Or maybe I just dont know how good it should run cause I have these codes from almost day 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:00 pm 
LOST Member

Well, they are going to replace my EGR tomorrow. It will be nice to see how my CRD runs after that.

Anyone notice that after the PCM TSB Update that there CRD revs a little higher before the shifts? Any idea if it can be backed out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:28 pm 
LOST Member

No egr as of yet. Dealer ordered the part but DC put a Technical Block on the EGR because they dont have faith that the dealers are diagnosing the problem correctly and want them to work with DC techs in corp. Even though my Technician talked to DC and they recomended changing the EGR and also stated its a known problem with the CRDs.

The MAN holding me back again. I gotta find him someday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:40 pm 
LOST Member

I waited two weeks for my EGR valve. The part # I got is different than what is listed in the parts CD I have. So I am hopping I got the new and improved part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:17 am 
LOST Member

Well I finally got my EGR replaced. Kind of funny cause i was told when the technician got the part and looked under the hood, he just started cussing and didnt know how to get to it. But, all was good had it done in almost 3 hours.
No codes what so ever, the 299 and 401 are gone for good. Havnt really driven it much yet so dont know about the performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:18 pm 
LOST Member

glad to hear things are lookin up for ya. Sounds like your dealer is alteast attempting to do you right in the end, although i don't buy that "aftermarket air filters will throw a code" bullcrap for anything...lol.

-LOST #005816
-2003 KJ Sport
-3.7L V6
-235/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO'S
-Factory Fogs
-Sunroof
-Custom Mounted Mag Lite
-Jeep Stainless Steel Coffee Mug
-Autozone Rubber Floor Mats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:02 pm 
LOST Member

2003KJ wrote:
glad to hear things are lookin up for ya. Sounds like your dealer is alteast attempting to do you right in the end, although i don't buy that "aftermarket air filters will throw a code" bullcrap for anything...lol.

Well I had them put there filter on just to make dc happy.. Even the tech thought it was stupid.

But, with all these problems im a bit afraid to throw the KN back on. Ill try to put it back on Monday and ill bring my code reader with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:56 pm 
LOST Member

I have the K&N filter in right now. No codes so far, but I think is getting a little slower off the line compared to when I had the EGR pipe blocked and with stocked filter. Time will tell in something is going south again.