It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:39 pm 
LOST Addict

DarbyWalters wrote:
We are down to $2.51 for diesel and $2.29 for petrol...10% less for petrol but I am getting over 30% better mileage with diesel, so I am still ahead. They had E85 for $1.99

Unfortunately the price spread is much broader for me. Paid $2.14 for RULG in the car this week, now seeing it as low as $2.06 in some locations. The cheapest I see D2 is $2.49 with most stations @ $2.69. Drove by the B20 pump last night, was still at $2.99 (and I kept driving). At these numbers, my full size pick-up is more economical than the CRD.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:54 am 
LOST Member

The spread is getting narrower here: $2.379 for regular unleaded, $2.579 for diesel.

Fumoto Oil Drain Valves (Oil Pan & Transfer Case)
V6 Airbox Mod
New Driveshaft, New EGR
2003 Wrangler Sport 4.0L, Bright Blue
2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 Door, Red Rock Crystal Pearl WOW!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:59 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Getting better here too:

Unleaded 87 Octane : $1.95/gallon
Diesel : $2.39/gallon (better than $3.19 a month ago!)

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Still over $3 in Spokane.

A quick political note while we are discussing it. I bumped into an old R friend at the fair Saturday. Suprised to see him as I heard he had alzheimers. He was in pretty good shape though as it is in its early stages. I asked him why he quit the legislature for a job on the state liquor control board a few years back as he was a good moderate politician and would have been elected forever. He told me that when he got a much needed 5 cent road improvement tax out of his transportation committee his own party cut him off at the knees and would not have let him serve as chair on that committee or anywhere else again. Now this was a tax that was supported by every civic and business organization in the state as unpopular but required. The only ones that were really outspoken about it were farmers who were exempt from paying it in the first place, and R's because their motto is no tax is ever gonna pass again even if the house if falling down around out ears.

In any case it took a D govenor to find this good R politician and long serving public servant a home for two years so his retirement would be whole. All because he had the courage to do the right thing instead of the political thing. If we all rewarded guys like this more when they were in public service and didn't make judgements based on R, D or L labels, if we demanded that they work together for us rather than their narrow ideology the world would be a better place.

Rant over. Thanks for patronizing me.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:51 am 
LOST Member

Cowcatcher wrote:

A quick political note while we are discussing it. I bumped into an old R friend at the fair Saturday. Suprised to see him as I heard he had alzheimers. He was in pretty good shape though as it is in its early stages. I asked him why he quit the legislature for a job on the state liquor control board a few years back as he was a good moderate politician and would have been elected forever. He told me that when he got a much needed 5 cent road improvement tax out of his transportation committee his own party cut him off at the knees and would not have let him serve as chair on that committee or anywhere else again. Now this was a tax that was supported by every civic and business organization in the state as unpopular but required. The only ones that were really outspoken about it were farmers who were exempt from paying it in the first place, and R's because their motto is no tax is ever gonna pass again even if the house if falling down around out ears.

In any case it took a D govenor to find this good R politician and long serving public servant a home for two years so his retirement would be whole. All because he had the courage to do the right thing instead of the political thing. If we all rewarded guys like this more when they were in public service and didn't make judgements based on R, D or L labels, if we demanded that they work together for us rather than their narrow ideology the world would be a better place.

Rant over. Thanks for patronizing me.

Hey, we need the $$ for replacing the Lake Washington SR-520 floating bridge from somewhere...and unfortunately, that bugger is going to be pretty expensive :( But needed. Imagine the nightmare if it went down in a quake and I-90 was the only way across the lake. Thank god I live & work on one side...it's bad enough as is.

And: 1995 Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, Silver, Selec-Trac, custom free-flow exhaust by local shop.

Me: 1998 Subaru Outback AWD, 2.5 DOHC, 5-speed manual. Nearly 170k miles & runs awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:53 am 
LOST Addict

Cowcatcher wrote:

Man remind me to stay away... far away... from the West Coast.

BTW: The Jeep is currently in idle mode... that means that it's sitting in the student parking lot doing nothing with about 4400 miles on it. This sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:10 am 
LOST Addict

The Shell stations in this town must be owned by some greedy buggers. They're down to 2.29 for RUG, but still have PUG at 2.69, and D2 at 2.95! :shock:

Two weeks ago when I filled up on B20 in Salisbury, it was already down to 2.75.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

offroadsubaru wrote:

Hey, we need the $$ for replacing the Lake Washington SR-520 floating bridge from somewhere...and unfortunately, that bugger is going to be pretty expensive :( But needed. Imagine the nightmare if it went down in a quake and I-90 was the only way across the lake. Thank god I live & work on one side...it's bad enough as is.

Hey partner, you got no arguement from me on this. I don't mind paying my taxes and even though it hurts this was a needed tax. Unlike a lot of folks I know that roads, schools, fire departments, policeman and army's cost money and that comes from taxes. I don't think I should have lost a good Republican Senator over it though just because he knew the tax was needed but his party was too ideologically tied to agree and cut him off at the kees as a result.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights