It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alternate Brake Controller Wiring
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Instead of going through the firewall, I attached a spade and ran the power wire to the fuse panel into the unused "Daytime Running Lights". I do not have a factory sevice manual yet but in my experience lighting circuits are normally at least 20 amp. I used it to tow my camper and it worked flawlessly. I can post pics when I return home to show you where I plugged in.

As for posting, I understand you have to link to a public location so people can view. Any recommendations on where to save?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I notice you also have a 06 and I'm going to put a hitch and wiring on my Limited. It has a "power outlet" on the right inside rear plastic panel and a 30 amp fuse labled "trailer" in the fuse panel up by the battery. Any idea what this fuse does? The trailers I'm thinking of usally have surge brakes so I most likely won't be adding a brake controler for a while.

Thanks Joe .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but my guess would be for the circuit in the factory tow package for the brake controller wire. I didn't notice the fuse in mine but I wasn't looking for one either. I don't have a service manual, so someone else reading this may correct me if I am wrong. The brake controller wire is under the kick panel on the driver side; there are plenty of posts about it on the site.