It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diesel Fuel Odor in Cabin
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:22 pm 
LOST Member

I just turned 3,200 miles and last night I start smelling raw diesel fuel inside of the car.

This morning I look under the hood and check for leaks. Of course there is no sign. I tightened up the lines feeding the fuel filter.

I am going to take it in Monday to let the dealer look under the car too.

The AC is not running that great and I got a tranny shudder at 65 mph v. 55 mph.

Mt dealer said the TSB 18 ..... doesn't fix the shudder??? What say you CRD drivers?

Thanks,

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:17 pm 
LOST Member

I can't say I've ever noticed any smell in mine, but since I drive a 24' straight truck for a living I'm might just be used to the smell :lol: . My boss has a Powerstroke and during the winter time you prety much have to turn off the blower moter on the heater when sitting at lights until its warmed up, the thing just plain reeks of fuel till then.

One thing I have learned in my time(way too long) of driving trucks with diesels is always use gloves when fueling up .That keeps you from speading the smell of the fuel that is always on the fuel nozzles onto the steering wheel and other interior parts and watch where you walk to try and keep fuel off your shoes, there is always fuel spilled around diesel pumps. I keep a pair of leather work gloves in a ziplock back in the cubby hole by the rear door for fueling ,I have got some funny looks as I open the rear window ,grab my baggie and get my gloves before I do anything else :lol:

L.O.S.T. #053490

Post subject: No smell
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

I went to auto zone and bought some orange smelling GoJo wipes to clean the fuel off of my steering wheel.(forgot my gloves)Other than that I have not had the smell of fuel in the truck.

2005 Silver Liberty Sport CRD LOST#074322
Rear Tow package,Chrome Grill,Bug Deflector
Mud Guards,Vent Visors,Sport Rails
Cargo Area Tray/Organizer
Silver Rhino