It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chrysler Buy Back ???
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Has anyone received a letter in the mail, offering to buy back there Liberty? Has anyone checked into it? Was it worth it? Im getting deployed for a year, and I was wondering if I should do it, and save 600 bux a month, since it will be parked in my garage.....

other mods coming soon...

Post subject: Re: Chrysler Buy Back ???
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

0311_DoC wrote:
Has anyone received a letter in the mail, offering to buy back there Liberty? Has anyone checked into it? Was it worth it? Im getting deployed for a year, and I was wondering if I should do it, and save 600 bux a month, since it will be parked in my garage.....

Are you saying that you actually received such a letter and it stated such information?
I have not see such information.

New EGR Flow Control Valve @ 25,020 miles
New Transfer Case input/output seals @ 32,787 miles
SEGR Kit @ 52,000 miles
SunCoast TC and Transgo Shift Kit @ 52,000 miles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:40 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

600/month?! :shock: Holy steaming pantload Batman!

I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. I'm not giving up my 2.8 CRD. Just not gonna do it. Just love that tractor rumble too much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DZL_LOU wrote:
0311_DoC wrote:

Are you saying that you actually received such a letter and it stated such information?

Yes i received a letter saying that my vehicle is in high demand,and they want to buy it back...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm 
LOST Junkie

0311_DoC wrote:
DZL_LOU wrote:
0311_DoC wrote:

Yes i received a letter saying that my vehicle is in high demand,and they want to buy it back...

Just curious if you don't want to publicize you can PM me but what was the offer that they made you.
It seems to me that if the CRD is in high demand that you are in the drivers seat to negotiate your buyback terms.

SEGR Kit @ 52,000 miles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I never got an offer. just a letter stateing they wanted to buy back my KJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Is this from DC or from a dealer? I've seen mailings like this before from dealers trying to do some churning. They make money by getting you to trade in your current vehicle and selling you a new one. This may be just another way to get you into the dealership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

0311_DoC wrote:
I never got an offer. just a letter stateing they wanted to buy back my KJ.

Well if your deploying soon, rather than mothball your CRD you may be able to use that money elsewhere and when your tour of duty is over, you may want to look at the GC CRD.
Just a thought but I would keep the CRD. I'm thinking if it's valuable now, it may get even more valuable later.

Also was this letter you received from DCX or was it from your dealership?

SEGR Kit @ 52,000 miles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:57 pm 
LOST Member

bugnout wrote:
Is this from DC or from a dealer? I've seen mailings like this before from dealers trying to do some churning. They make money by getting you to trade in your current vehicle and selling you a new one. This may be just another way to get you into the dealership.

That would be my take on it. My wife gets stuff like that from Mazda dealers claiming to want to buy her car. And I always have to re-explain it all again to her. The reality is the car Stealers are just trying to get people to trade in their existing car for a new car and more car payments.

They can pry my CRD from my cold, dead hands (or 20 years/250,000 miles which ever comes first ;-) )

Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well now that im at work, I dont recall if it was from DCX or the dealer :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:46 pm 
LOST Member

0311_DoC wrote:

Car manufacturers only buy back cars when court ordered or attorney threatened under lemon law. Never because they are "in high demand" and they want to "re-sell" them. That's a marketing scam by a local dealership. And keep your CRD. You'll be glad you did when you return home - one less year you'll on your loan.

Sell it now and you will just be using all those saved $600 a month payments for a down-payment when you go to buy another one.

If you do sell it, when it is time to buy again, check out usaa for really good car loan rates and (free) competitive price negotiating on your behalf (by them) for new car purchases. All their services and benefits are free to servicemen and their families ... and you could end up with a better payment next time around than what you have now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:35 pm 
LOST Member

Yup, definitely check into USAA. I got a fantastic rate. Nothing else was comparable.

03/15/2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD w/86,000 mi. Engine lube pump, Provent, V6 airbox mod, Magnaflow, gauges, Amsoil all around, & Wix air filter. Sunroof drain blocked on receipt, stubborn fuel leak at 2200 mi, 3 jammed windows, & 1 bad alternator decoupler, but it's still a keeper!

Last edited by BioJeep on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:32 pm 
LOST Junkie

0311_DoC wrote:
DZL_LOU wrote:
0311_DoC wrote:

Hmmm....send them to me for the right price it would be gone. The hard part would be nothing like it on the market to replace it with, The 4dr unlimited might work.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:39 pm 
LOST Addict

0311_DoC wrote:

Yeah I got vehicle buy back notices from dealers that want to sell me a replacement. Just another stealership bs to trade and buy from them, at trade in value or less. If it sounds too good to be true, you can bet it is. :roll:

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:41 am 
LOST Member

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Last edited by longarm on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have USAA for everything as well. And they do Kick stupid. Again I was just curious if any of you received such a letter. But im starting to think its a scam or BS.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:56 am 
LOST Newbie

I never got a letter, but one of the times I had it in for work I jokingly asked one of the salesman if they wanted to buy it back. That must have gotten around, as later that day I got a call from a salesman falling all over himself to get my trade. He offered me a new GC for the same payments, but I said even though they are sweet, there was no way I would trade 25 mpg for 15. Like everyone else is saying, not sure if he wanted the CRD that bad, or just wanted to move another new Jeep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

I am long time USAA member and can't recommend them highly enough. Even for my son out on his own as an "associate member" their rates were much better than anybody else.

As for buy-back, the guy who sold me my '05 CRD saw me at the dealer about 4-6 months ago waiting for an oil change. He was moaning about how the dealership could get no more CRDs and what demand they were in. He knew I also looked at Dodge Diesel trucks at same time (combined dealership) and said that if I wanted to trade they would be willing to give me 5-10% less than I paid as a trade price. That was at about 24k miles, I think. I strongly suspect they would have wanted me to pay sticker for the Dodge, but I have no plans on getting rid of my CRD and especially not for a big dodge truck so I did not get further involved.

The letter mentioned to start this thread was more than likely just a dealer scam, but I suspect that the diesels are much in demand, like the VW TDIs and one could get a "good" price on private sale, or maybe not raped on a trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

USAA rocks

[]--------[] ---2.5" BDS lift, 245/75/16 MT/Rs, Moab Rims, Locked and Regeared!
[]_____[] ---The list got to long, go to my web site for more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:50 pm 
LOST Member

I got one offering me full orginal retail for trade-in.........Oh but the fine print.......... Full retail was based on "base model," not what you purchased. And then there's the little detail about so much $$ per mile driven to be reduced from the trade-in value, etc, etc, etc. It was nothing worht looking into beyond the letter.