It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Taking it to the dealer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:32 am 
LOST Newbie

I am going on vacation next week, so I am taking my 06 KJ to the dealer so they can fix everything while I am gone. I have not had any thing fixed on it yet - I have 6,000 miles. I have changed the oil and done the elephant hose mod. I will be undoing the EHM.

I am getting them to do the rear disc brake fix because mine moan really bad. How can I get them to do the ball joint fix, if I have not received any notice from DCX yet? Is there anything else I need to get them to fix or flash? This dealer is worthless, but there are not any others in the area.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:38 am 
LOST Newbie

Just got the rear brakes on mine done also. Make sure you bring in the TSB with you. They didnt even know about it when I went to the dealer. They did it with no problems and if you ask them to replace the rear rotors instead of cutting them. My dealer didnt have any problems with that.

Tried to get the ball joints done and said "There on national backorder", when you give them your VIN it will pull up on their screen if the recall is due.

My dealer is also worthless but the service dept is pretty good. If I bring in the TSB's and such they dont have any problem doing the work. I think because the problem is already identified for them so they dont have to do much thinking or troubleshooting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:45 am 
LOST Junkie

mcompound,

You can check to see if any recalls are due by visiting the jeep website and entering your VIN. I would insist that they replace the rear rotors instead of "cutting" them. If your vehicle hasn't had the latest ECM/TCM flash TSB, you may want to get them to perform that as well. IIRC the latest is 18-023-06. Search the forum for the 7/14 TSB and you will find the links to alldata in that thread which you can print out and take to your dealer.

Enjoy your vacation.