It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where can I get a new CRD Liberty?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Anyone know of any dealerships with CRD Liberty's in stock? are they all sold out?

Post subject: Re: Where can I get a new CRD Liberty?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:48 pm 
LOST Addict

E300 wrote:
Anyone know of any dealerships with CRD Liberty's in stock? are they all sold out?
Probably about like finding a chicken with teeth. I doubt you could find 50 of them nation wide.

You might want to start looking for a low mileage used one, probably a few out their that people bought that don't like them for some reason.

If price is right I will sell our '05 Sport that has a few extra options. Wife has decided it is too small and bumpy riding for her. :roll:

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:50 pm 
LOST Addict

oldnavy wrote:
E300 wrote:
Probably about like finding a chicken with teeth. I doubt you could find 50 of them nation wide.

You might want to start looking for a low mileage used one, probably a few out their that people bought that don't like them for some reason.

If price is right I will sell our '05 Sport that has a few extra options. Wife has decided it is too small and it is too bumpy riding for her. :roll:

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

I found three at a dealership in wisconsin but none of them have the options I want but at this point I guess you can't choose. There are a couple around with low mileage but they want an arm and a leg. Right now they have some great incentives on the Liberty's. At least 4k off in factory rebates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:24 pm 
LOST Addict

One thing about the '06 is they dropped the 7/70 warranty, and charged more for the same options.

You want to try to find a clean low miles '05 model and pay the $100 transfer fee for the warranty. That is sometimes paid by the dealer as a sales insentive.

I would jump on a '05 or 06 for sure as I see their resale doing real well after the first of the year, when gas jumps back to same price as diesel or more then diesel later maybe.

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

E300 wrote:

Good luck.. I had a hard enough time back in august. One dealer told me to wait and order an '07.. HA
Luckily one dealer was able to locate one 200 miles away with everything I wanted minus a sunroof.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:40 pm 
LOST Member

Since I got mine a few freinds have "reevaluated" the KJ and havent been able to find many to choose from. I know one dealer in Maryland that still has the Limited I drove but it is pricey (30K sticker). I would search the inventory in your area and start moving outward. In August, at least in Maryland, they were plentiful and I could find 20 within a 200 mile range (PA, WV, MD, VA) and ended up finding the vehicle that had most of what I wanted in Virginia (Sport to keep the insurance lower with tow and a sunroof)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I purchased a new CRD on 10-26-2006 and had 6 to choose from (in the colors I wanted) in my state and surrounding states. Heres what to do. Avoid the jeep dealer, he will want to sell you a 2007 gas in stock. Instead go to a DC dealer that only handles Dodge, or chrysler. They will look for what you want because they know that if they don't, they have nothing else to sell you. I live in Illinois, and my CRD came from a dealer in Indiana. Dealers do dealer trades like that all the time. Dont let them act like its a big deal, or let them charge you a arm and a leg to do it. Every new car I have ever bought has came from dealers other than the one I purchased it at. This gets you the options you want without having to order the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Search autotrader.com and do an advanced search. You can sort by fuel type, in addition to vehicle and location.

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

51 new on autotrader.com with nine of them being 2005 models, although some of them might of been listed with errors in the year and the new/used status

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:27 pm 
LOST Member

Mine is for sale on Autotrader. Type zip 48423. I am the tan 2005 CRD limited.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:55 pm 
LOST Addict

Jimbob wrote:
Since I got mine a few freinds have "reevaluated" the KJ and havent been able to find many to choose from. I know one dealer in Maryland that still has the Limited I drove but it is pricey (30K sticker). I would search the inventory in your area and start moving outward. In August, at least in Maryland, they were plentiful and I could find 20 within a 200 mile range (PA, WV, MD, VA) and ended up finding the vehicle that had most of what I wanted in Virginia (Sport to keep the insurance lower with tow and a sunroof)

The 30k Limited is worth every penny fully loaded like mine. 8)

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:06 pm 
LOST Member

I didnt care much for what it offered but (probably would have felt differently if it had the nav system, leather, a hitch and a sunroof) but usually I put function before form. However, I must admit the leather seats and steering wheel audio in the Liberty Gaser I had from Enterprise when mine didnt start one morning was rather nice.

Seemed like alot of money to pay for power seats, premium speakers and a slight variation on the interior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:33 am 
LOST Newbie

ok im still looking can anyone post zip codes of dealerships that still have diesel liberty's? I am pretty sure I want an 06 because of ESP. I want a sunroof and heated seats as well so I am looking for a limited. One quick question how easy is it to change out a limited's grille to a sport grille?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

Wouldn't it save people some time if you told us where you are and how far your willing to venture? That way I wouldn't be looking in OR if you're in VT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:39 pm 
LOST Addict

there is 1 available within 200 miles of cincinatti. a black '05 with 26k miles on it.
asking price is 23k. i just emailed to see if they would take 20.5k for it.

if they do, im trading in the libby.

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn13 ... ider_2008/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

im on the west coast I will travel anywhere to find the right CRD. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ontario. Try this link
http://www.trader.ca/search/Results.asp ... =201&CAT=2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

E300 wrote:
im on the west coast I will travel anywhere to find the right CRD. Thanks

That's a pretty nebulous answer. When I had mine for sale I got a call from a guy "on the west coast that will travel anywhere to find the right CRD." The conversation then turned to sending me a deposit to hold for the guy and if he did not want it, I could keep it(the deposit). Of course, the deposit was to be wired to my account...

Sorry, no deal. No account numbers of mine will ever be given out and I would advise anyone else of the same scam. Not saying your a scammer, but your lack of detail leaves suspicion.

There are also the guys that will call that can "resell you vehicle for more money than your asking for it" which will also result in some type of personal information scam...

For potential sellers out there, the only deposit you should take is cash - don't even take a check that will pass through your account to get deposited as there are ways for owners of the deposited check to gain your account information once you have deposited it.

Given that you can search autotrader.com yourself, nationwide, leaves this posting even more suspicious. Being protective of my fellow CRD'ers here, and since your looking for new your probably ok, but in general when there is this type of "fishing" I smell a rat...

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Last edited by alljeep on Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:07 am 
LOST Newbie

whatever.... are you saying that I called you and said I would send you a deposit? what are you inferring? I never called you nor did I ask for your account numbers hell I dont even know who the hell you are.....Why are you slandering me?

I am just asking for help to buy a "NEW LIBERTY" how does that involve scamming someone on this site? I want to buy one from a dealer.... I have been searching like mad but the listings on autotrader are so old that when I search that particular dealers inventory the CRD advertised, is not there. I thought this forum was supposed to be helpful not attack others.

Please open your eyes and look at the title of this thread it says WHERE CAN I BUY A NEW CRD LIBERTY?