It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Don't get your shorts in a bunch, his advice was very good advice, you could be the nicest person on the block, or
you could be trolling for personal information. That is the way it is on the Internet, and you should not take good
advice as a personal attack on yourself. Everyone including yourself should be very cautious and guard your personal
information. And you should check out all information possible before you buy online here or anywhere. It goes both
ways.

Tal & Hadas Grill Guard/TransGo Shift Kit
V-6 AirBox/Lunar Boost & EGT
Lund Cold Weather Grill Insert
OEM updated Filter Head, Cummins Lift Pump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

E300 wrote:
whatever.... are you saying that I called you and said I would send you a deposit? what are you inferring? I never called you nor did I ask for your account numbers hell I dont even know who the hell you are.....Why are you slandering me?

I am just asking for help to buy a "NEW LIBERTY" how does that involve scamming someone on this site? I want to buy one from a dealer.... I have been searching like mad but the listings on autotrader are so old that when I search that particular dealers inventory the CRD advertised, is not there. I thought this forum was supposed to be helpful not attack others.

Please open your eyes and look at the title of this thread it says WHERE CAN I BUY A NEW CRD LIBERTY?

Re-read my post. I clearly stated at the end that you are probably ok since you are looking for new. My post is for everyone BUT you.

However, the WHERE CAN I BUY A NEW CRD LIBERTY topic can, and has in the past, resulted in a scam as you will no dbout get many private messages from desperate CRD owners wanting to unload their individually problematic units.

Once it gets into the private message area, that's where requests for personal information can, and have in the past, become problematic.

You are armed with as many internet tools as the rest of us to find a new CRD, and having been already advised as such, you keep asking and it gives the impression of fishing for vulnerable buyers. Once again, this lesson is for everyone else, not you. And if you are an honest person, you should not be offended by it as it's nothing but truth about possibilities that people have, and will continue to encounter when trying to sell a vehicle.

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

show me a tool where I can search dealer inventories for only CRD's Autotrader has old listings and every single one I have seen is not there when I go to the actual dealers website. IF you can show me a tool that finds CRD's without having to go to each dealerships website within a certain radius that would be helpful thanks. (most dealerships dont have CRD's and its a huge waste of time to guess which dealers might have liberty's)

PS stop crapping on my thread and using my quotes and saying in the past someone has done this or that. That is BS..... you are telling me someone has posted on this board with WHERE CAN I BUY A NEW CRD, I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE I AM ON THE WEST COAST etc stop trying to frame me as a scammer.

If you want to give an alert thread do it in the appropriate place dont bunch your past experiences dealing with some scammer with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:27 pm 
LOST Addict

alljeep wrote:
E300 wrote:
im on the west coast I will travel anywhere to find the right CRD. Thanks

That's a pretty nebulous answer. When I had mine for sale I got a call from a guy "on the west coast that will travel anywhere to find the right CRD." The conversation then turned to sending me a deposit to hold for the guy and if he did not want it, I could keep it(the deposit). Of course, the deposit was to be wired to my account...

Sorry, no deal. No account numbers of mine will ever be given out and I would advise anyone else of the same scam. Not saying your a scammer, but your lack of detail leaves suspicion.

There are also the guys that will call that can "resell you vehicle for more money than your asking for it" which will also result in some type of personal information scam...

For potential sellers out there, the only deposit you should take is cash - don't even take a check that will pass through your account to get deposited as there are ways for owners of the deposited check to gain your account information once you have deposited it.

Given that you can search autotrader.com yourself, nationwide, leaves this posting even more suspicious. Being protective of my fellow CRD'ers here, and since your looking for new your probably ok, but in general when there is this type of "fishing" I smell a rat...

This forum is supposed to be helpful, and you really shouldnt attack others. And alljeep did not attack you at all, it was really was just some good information for anyone to know.

Anyhow. I think the best tool you have available is a good salesman at a jeep dealership. They should have the most up to date info available to them. A dealer searched the inventory in about a 300 mile radius to find our CRD, turns out the one we found hadnt even arrived on the dealers lot yet. I would definantly give that a try. Good luck finding a good salesperson though :lol:

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

E300 wrote:
That is BS..... you are telling me someone has posted on this board with WHERE CAN I BUY A NEW CRD, I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE I AM ON THE WEST COAST

Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you - your exact phrases have shown up before on this board and others, in private and public messages, to myself and other CRD owners that were once trying to sell. I did not come on here to "crap" on your thread. What I say is the truth from real world experience.

The only reason I keep responding to your emotional response is that it generates more traffic so folks on here that are trying to sell their CRDs can be aware of possible pitfalls - once again, having NOTHING to do with you.

In addition to autotrader.com, there is cars.com that has an advanced search in which you can enter the word "diesel" and get good results. As Jeger stated, the easiest way is by a dealership, especially at this point in time when new ones are no longer produced.

Here is one in central Indiana that is listed as used, but at only about 3000 miles on it, is probably a demo - the text is generic, but it came up on autotrader.com as a diesel, and also shows as a diesel in the pictures:

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/i ... id=9033637

Here is a dealership that has a new 2005 CRD still on the lot, again from autotrader.com. If you do a nationwide search for new and diesel you only get about 40 matches - it's not that hard to go to jeep.com, enter the zip code, and check inventory - expecially when hunting for something as rare as a new crd. Just keep multiple windows open and click back and forth between them as you search and test inventory. If the "jeep" website does not list inventory, usually their own local website does, usually found in the original add.

http://www.billstanford.com/

I suspect that at this time of year, nearly 7 months after CRD production stopped, the majority of the 40 on autotrader will be gone, and maybe cars.com as well.

This guy, from the cars.com search, has 4 CRDs listed, all as used, but one only has 364 miles on it:

http://www.vanhorndodge.com/Default.asp ... -inventory

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:37 pm 
LOST Addict

We have plenty of them. 2007 4x4 or 4x2? auto or 6speed manual? Limited, Sport or Renegade? How many 2000, 3000, 10,000?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:41 pm 
LOST Addict

Rub it in why don't you? :roll: :D

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:40 am 
LOST Newbie

Bought mine on e-bay in Oct. Deal was good and they shipped from N.C. to Portland,OR as part of the deal. I'm happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am curious to the performance of the 6 speed manual tranny as compaired to the auto. I bet there is no shuddering either. I would love a 2007 limited with a manual tranny, I will bet the thing would last a long time and run great. Better fuel mileage to boot.

Post subject: Oklahoma find
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

I live in Dallas and used Cars.com to search for mine last month. Found a few used CRDs but lucked upon a new CRD in Eastern Oklahoma, 130 miles away. Drive was worth it. The dealer had bought 5 for a biofuel company and they only took delivery of 4. I was lucky, took the day off work and drove my 97 GC up there to trade. I was blown away that the 06 CRD they applied the DC $4K incentives this one (I tried to not jump up and down when they indicated that the vehicle qualified for them and would have bought the CRD without them!!!). They also had a nice Kaki CRD that was used in great shape but it already had 20K miles on it (remember diesels are just breaking in at that point and they have more than 10X that in life left). Because I had a new one in hand, I didn't consider a pre-owned one at that point but would have if the new one had not panned out.

I think it is worth a visit to the internet (Cars.com or Autotrader.com) to see what is available, especially now that the year end is here. Many dealers don't want an orphan CRD left on the lot and they will very likely be listing them on the internet. I think you just need to punch in your willingness to drive 100+ miles from your home location and I bet you can find one.

Good Luck,

----------------------
His: 06 Atlantic Blue CRD
OEM Tow Pkg
T&H SS Bullbar
PIAA Driving Lamps
-----------------------
Her's: 09 Prius (no kidding)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:25 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin