It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sirius Question
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:45 pm 
LOST Member

I there a way to set up my Sirius’ display to show the song title and artist? Manual doesn’t show this. :?

97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

This is a good question. IIRC, the SIRIUS receiver is not built-in to the factory radio...it is actually a seperate component.

Hopefully someone else can elaborate on this. It would be nice if this were possible.

Post subject: no song info
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

i put the chrysler stock unit in mine. nice little kit...wiring harnesses etc, everything just plugs in. The reciever is placed in the the passenger side panel in rear storage area and the antenna is on the roof(have to drill a 3/4 hole) the reception is not as good as my previos vehicle w/ xm.

bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:53 pm 
LOST Member

The only Chrysler radio for our liberty's that will show the song title/artist is the RB1 Nav., and that is with the optional artist/song title cable that you must purchase and route from the RB1 to the Sirius receiver in the tailgate. All other Chrysler radios, including RB4, will not / can not display artist song title - only station name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:23 pm 
LOST Member

I don't know why people are drilling holes in their roof. I have the Starmate that I can move between vehicles. I did the antenna on the rear drivers side and routed the cable down through the rear lift gate window, throught the molding, under the carpet, and throught the dash and the plug just sticks out. I'm sure you can do this same thing with the actuall reciver antenna. I just got through custom installing the other car kit in my Wrangler. It's hard wired in to the ignition, and looks good. All I have to do it pull the two plugs out the Starmate Unit and toss it in the glovebox. **Sidenote for anyone who puts this in the wrangler, the antenna will be best used on the top of rollbar behind drivers head just under the roll bar pad.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:43 pm 
LOST Member

Crap. It seems a shame that an aftermarket (or post-purchase install at Circuit City, etc.) offers this feature. :cry:

97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:08 am 
LOST Junkie

I know this is just a personal choice, but I dropped my Sirus service after the free year. There is good commercial radio all over New England (most of it anyway) and there is nothing special about Sirus except Stern, who I wouldn't listen to if Sirus paid me. Plus, the radio which came with the Jeep (sport model) was cumbersome to use in the Sirus mode especially considering there was no way to program Sirus stations so if you wanted to change a station you had to scan through the Sirus statins. Especially dangerious in traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:58 am 
LOST Newbie

I wanted the factory sirius system but they would not install for me. I have the sportster and the antenna wire is fed throught the door seal to under the dash. Have the unit mounted to the left of the steering wheel. Power is hardwired to the ignition so it is like a factory install. I love it, some places up here have no radio so this is the best thing for that. XM can lose signal this far north but no problems with Sirius. Unit is easily transfered to the home unit so i have sirius wherever i go.

Yeah Its A Diesel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

[quote="vtdog Plus, the radio which came with the Jeep (sport model) was cumbersome to use in the Sirus mode especially considering there was no way to program Sirus stations so if you wanted to change a station you had to scan through the Sirus statins. Especially dangerious in traffic.[/quote]

I have no trouble setting the stations up in my 06 :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:15 am 
LOST Member

Quote:
I have no trouble setting the stations up in my 06

Me too. I LOVE Sirius. I am a claims adjuster and I spend a lot of time behind the windshield in rural PA, which pretty much means that if I get any station at all it likely will be country. :cry: It's great to be out in The Great Unknown and be jamming to commercial-free college/indie rock. I sure as heck wouldn't go with Sirius for Stern, but I listen to him once in a while----depends on if he has a decent guest. The boobs/lesbians/farting thing gets a little monotonous. I haven't played a CD or listened to terrestrial radio since I picked up Little Mack on 7/31/06! 8)

97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:26 am 
LOST Member

Sirius is great ifyou spend a lot of time in the car. Most people who cancel it dont do it because it is bad - they do it because they dont want to pay for it. As for getting it installed using the factory setup, you can buy the Chrysler Sirius tuner and then buy the 2 cable to one cable Terk Antenna adapter and use any aftermarket Sirius magenetic roof mount antenna and route the micro-thin wire in through the weather stripping that surrounds the tailgate. There is like 20 feet of micro wire for that purpose. You can still use the Chrysler setup and not drill a hole in your roof. Sell the Chrysler antenna that is left over on ebay or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:40 am 
LOST Member

I added siruis to my truck as well. I mounted the reciver to the top of the rearview mirror and use the radio to tune it in. the functionality is OK, it has a remote control and I can reach the controls to get my presets but even on the dimmest backlight setting it lights up the cabin blue at night, I guess it's a custom touch.

if it's a question of programming, siruis has THE WHO channel (#10) and any radio that plays nothing but maximum R&B is a must have in my book. plus, they cluster all of the music I like in the same area so I don't have to click all over the place when surfing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:09 pm 
LOST Member

My Free year should expire next week. But I have not gotten anything from Sirius yet. Should I call them?

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

KJMedic wrote:
My Free year should expire next week. But I have not gotten anything from Sirius yet. Should I call them?

Didn't they take a credit card number from you for billing? The wife has a starmate in her van, so they already had my billing info on file. They normally just start billing whatever card you gave them to setup the account once the free period is over. This is what they did on my Jetta TDI. The TDI only had three months free, but they asked for a credit card when I setup the account...then after the three months was up..they started billing the credit card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:19 am 
LOST Newbie

I paid the one time fee a few years ago. It is transferable to a new radio also.

Post subject: Sirius
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:30 pm 
LOST Member

Mine came with Sirius from the factory.

About a week before the 1 year anniversary, the Sirius stopped and a toll free number came up.

Had to sign up with a method of payment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:50 pm 
LOST Member

Quote:
I paid the one time fee a few years ago. It is transferable to a new radio also.

Same here. Good deal.

03/15/2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD w/86,000 mi. Engine lube pump, Provent, V6 airbox mod, Magnaflow, gauges, Amsoil all around, & Wix air filter. Sunroof drain blocked on receipt, stubborn fuel leak at 2200 mi, 3 jammed windows, & 1 bad alternator decoupler, but it's still a keeper!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:34 am 
LOST Addict

XM and Sirius do not work over here. We only have DAB. But we also have DVB-T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:07 pm 
LOST Member

no-blue-screen wrote:
KJMedic wrote:

Didn't they take a credit card number from you for billing? The wife has a starmate in her van, so they already had my billing info on file. They normally just start billing whatever card you gave them to setup the account once the free period is over. This is what they did on my Jetta TDI. The TDI only had three months free, but they asked for a credit card when I setup the account...then after the three months was up..they started billing the credit card.

Its been a year I can't remember what I did yesterday much less last year. But shouldn't they send me some kind of bill?

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:58 am 
LOST Junkie

KJMedic wrote:
no-blue-screen wrote:
KJMedic wrote:

Its been a year I can't remember what I did yesterday much less last year. But shouldn't they send me some kind of bill?

If they don't contact you, they will probably just turn it off and then you will have to call them to re-activate it and give them credit card ifno at that time.