It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TSB Explanation and F37 Question!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ok, I got on this forum, which by the way has already been a HUGE help for some of my issues, but I see what seems like a truck load of TSB's for the Liberty. I have a 06 CRD which I purchased about a month and a half ago. There's just over 3000kms So far I haven't had any troubles, but the CE light has popped on twice for about 3 hours even though everything seemed to be operating just fine. I have noticed a scattered poor shift, but nothing too serious. I haven't used any diesel additive yet, but I will pick some up this week for my next tank of fuel. That may make a difference, but I who knows. I did get my first recall in the mail though, the one for the F37. I logged into the Jeep website and I noticed there was two others to be done: One for ball joints, and the other for a battery draining related issue or something of the sorts. My question is, if it's not listed on the Jeep website as a recall for my vehicle, should I assume that the other TSB's applied to build dates previous to mine? Or is it up the customer to find this out on his/her own which would make it an "optional" service?

One other question related to the F37 recall, since I noticed a few bad shifts and the CE light has been on a couple times, should the dealer replace the tranny pump as well if I request that it be done? How about the tranny filters?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If you go to the recall section you can enter a portion of your VIN and it will bounce back if there are any outstanding. There were manufacture date ranges on each of these. If they have already been done some of them are recorded on stickers under the hood. Good luck.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cowcatcher wrote:
If you go to the recall section you can enter a portion of your VIN and it will bounce back if there are any outstanding. There were manufacture date ranges on each of these. If they have already been done some of them are recorded on stickers under the hood. Good luck.

Uh... he did that already and has 3 outstanding. Body module, LBJ and F37. He has questions about TSB's and CEL's.

The error code should be stored in the computer and the dealer can read it. There's one mentioned in the F37 that automatically gets you a new pump and transmission cooler also. Have it checked out :!: