It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: what the heck ??
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jeger wrote:
Emos Way wrote:
I had to get the F37 recall done on my jeep.. I just got it back 2 days ago and now it's shuttering.. I don't get this it was fine before I brought it in, now back to the dealer next week for a follow up.. The service guy says there may be an "air bubble" in the transmission since they had to replace the fluid.. WOW recalls are fun .. again why did DC decide not to equip these machines with a 6-speed in Canada and USA.. hmmm..

Wow, they actually created the shudder for you? I hope its just an incorrect fluid level. Let us know.

Well, I guess I can stop yelling about all my broken wire and cable connectors going to the transmission as a result of F37 - at least mine has been running smooth now for a bit. I'll check for leaks again on Tuesday, my 2 week mark since F37.

It just amazes me how much this puts everyone on an unequal playing field. Some get this, some get that, some get new, some get rebuilt, some get more, some get less, some get nothing, ect, ect, ect.......

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Think I'll wait as long as possible, just to see how all this plays out.

I'm thinking more and more, that if push comes to shove, I'll tell DC "Just give me the freakin' parts, and I'll have MY tranny shop do the work". That's what I had to do to get the filter TSB done, after the tech claimed my tranny didn't fall in the affected build dates (it did, and did have the wrong filters).

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:07 pm 
LOST Addict

retmil46 wrote:
Think I'll wait as long as possible, just to see how all this plays out.

I'm thinking more and more, that if push comes to shove, I'll tell DC "Just give me the freakin' parts, and I'll have MY tranny shop do the work". That's what I had to do to get the filter TSB done, after the tech claimed my tranny didn't fall in the affected build dates (it did, and did have the wrong filters).

I was wondering if you located a dealer capable of doing this recall without turning it into a train wreck. Sounds like no.

Mine was done about a weeks ago and I put 700 miles on the new parts. Working much better than it ever did before. Still think the key is getting the new redesigned pump. Raise some hell and ask for it, definately worth the effort.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:56 pm 
LOST Member

gsbrockman wrote:
...STAR did tell my Service Advisor to drop the pan.....

I've seen this STAR referred to in several topics/posts. What is this? I looked at google and found a dealership called "Star", but I don't think that's what applies here.

Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:18 am 
LOST Newbie

alljeep wrote:
Jeger wrote:
Emos Way wrote:
I had to get the F37 recall done on my jeep.. I just got it back 2 days ago and now it's shuttering.. I don't get this it was fine before I brought it in, now back to the dealer next week for a follow up.. The service guy says there may be an "air bubble" in the transmission since they had to replace the fluid.. WOW recalls are fun .. again why did DC decide not to equip these machines with a 6-speed in Canada and USA.. hmmm..

Wow, they actually created the shudder for you? I hope its just an incorrect fluid level. Let us know.

Well, I guess I can stop yelling about all my broken wire and cable connectors going to the transmission as a result of F37 - at least mine has been running smooth now for a bit. I'll check for leaks again on Tuesday, my 2 week mark since F37.

It just amazes me how much this puts everyone on an unequal playing field. Some get this, some get that, some get new, some get rebuilt, some get more, some get less, some get nothing, ect, ect, ect.......

I don't really know about the comment that we all get different things/this/that.. we're all equally getting head-aches, I'm pretty sure we can confirm that right.. my shuttering has stopped or at least gotten better.. will check fluid levels today.. going back to the dealer on wednesday for a "once over"....

2006 Liberty CRD Limited
Viper remote starter / alarm
Rocky Road 2.5" Lift
"Rubicon" 16" Wheels
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R - 245/75/16 -
EDGE Products CRD EZ Module

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Emos Way wrote:
[ don't really know about the comment that we all get different things/this/that.. we're all equally getting head-aches, I'm pretty sure we can confirm that right.. my shuttering has stopped or at least gotten better.. will check fluid levels today.. going back to the dealer on wednesday for a "once over"....

As far as the transmission goes we do all have the same head-aches :!: But for F37 there's only one thing I can think of that makes sence to me. Those before the filter problems were discovered and corrected, November 05, get a TC and maybe more:D Those shortly after that, December 05 and January 06, that have the correct filters get nothing :evil: Those after that it seems they accidently put the incorrect filter back into circulation and they get the same as the first group. And those in the first and last group get a pump and cooler if the tech has a good ear :!: So it seems to me DC is blaming the whole senerao on the filters and or wrong fluid level and not the fact the TC seem to be just wrong for this application :idea:

Can we establish the dates the recall applies too? Maybe a poll :?:
Mine was built January 25, 06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

KenJennings wrote:
gsbrockman wrote:

I've seen this STAR referred to in several topics/posts. What is this? I looked at google and found a dealership called "Star", but I don't think that's what applies here.

Means Five Star dealer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:31 pm 
LOST Addict

KenJennings wrote:
gsbrockman wrote:

STAR is DC's technical assistance line for dealer tech's. It's also equivilant to your health insurances company's approval line for warranty repairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:10 pm 
LOST Addict

RFCRD wrote:
KenJennings wrote:
gsbrockman wrote:

STAR is DC's technical assistance line for dealer tech's. It's also equivilant to your health insurances company's approval line for warranty repairs.

This sure brings terrible thoughts to my mine. Star running health insurance :shock:

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:32 am 
LOST Addict

BlackLibertyCRD wrote:
RFCRD wrote:
KenJennings wrote:
gsbrockman wrote:

This sure brings terrible thoughts to my mine. Star running health insurance :shock:

You mean like all that plaque in your arteries is "normal"? Probably caused by misfueling or using the wrong oil thus not covered? They can just fix it with a reflash. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:51 pm 
LOST Addict

RFCRD wrote:
BlackLibertyCRD wrote:
RFCRD wrote:
KenJennings wrote:
gsbrockman wrote:

You mean like all that plaque in your arteries is "normal"? Probably caused by misfueling or using the wrong oil thus not covered? They can just fix it with a reflash. :lol:

Yeah but I can use the right meds for a flash back. Hmmm did I say that??? :mrgreen: :-)r

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:39 am 
LOST Newbie

Jeger wrote:
Emos Way wrote:

Now your gunna laugh.. SO i went to check my fluid level.. it was in the "safe" zone.. then I shutdown my Libby, went inside for a nit then had to run out.. allakazam... problem fixed, no more engine codes or shuttering.. it's like magic... must be the christmas season, because I believe in miracles

2006 Liberty CRD Limited
Viper remote starter / alarm
Rocky Road 2.5" Lift
"Rubicon" 16" Wheels
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R - 245/75/16 -
EDGE Products CRD EZ Module