It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Turn for a Cel
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

How interesting. My first CEL for no apparent reason. Took it out last night to pick up a visitor at the airport. Got fuel at a Chevron station and drove home.....about 26 miles...and all was well. Went out today and had a CEL right from the get-go. Did the stop, let it set, and restart and the CEL is still on. Drove around to let it get warm, stopped it a couple of time and still have the light..

Natch on an '06 I can not pull the code using the key cycle thing but it's running fine, plenty of power, no apparent mileage change just the stupid little light.

I have been hearing an odd noise, sort of like a rapid ratcheting when cold. Wonder if it could be the infamous FCV going south. Due to the Holidays and lot's of guests, not having the car available is a bit of a pain so I'm tempted to just ignore it until Tuesday.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:41 pm 
LOST Member

mine came on again for the 6th time in 12 months and 35000 miles. I going to wait until after the first of the year. Mine came on on a trip accross the state back in the summer and I got a high of 29mpg. So I f there are no problems then No it should not hurt it.

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:09 pm 
LOST Junkie

KJMedic wrote:
mine came on again for the 6th time in 12 months and 35000 miles. I going to wait until after the first of the year. Mine came on on a trip accross the state back in the summer and I got a high of 29mpg. So I f there are no problems then No it should not hurt it.

Did yours just go off of it's own accord or did you get it read and reset? Any idea why it came on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:12 pm 
LOST Member

litton wrote:
KJMedic wrote:

Did yours just go off of it's own accord or did you get it read and reset? Any idea why it came on?

Every time mine has came on it was the EGR or FCV. I have had to have it reset.

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've had 2 CELs so far and I have 30k km on my rig. They just came on and went away after a day or so took it to the stealer anyways and they did nothing to it. It's driving really well and tows marvelously. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mine came on once in the Spring just aqfter starting it in a parkling lot and I went into "limp" By the time I got to the dealer, just a couple of miles away, the limp and light wer both gone. They read the codes but they didn't know what they meant and Star couldn't tell them either.

This summer mine went on again just after I got on the road to return form a vacation trip. I started and stopped several times in the next 200 miles and also went over a mountainpass. The light wnet off on it's own at about 200 miles and I went another 100 after that. Truck never misses a beat and got about 31 MPG. Not been on again since.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject: Re: My Turn for a Cel
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:26 am 
LOST Member

litton wrote:

I have been hearing an odd noise, sort of like a rapid ratcheting when cold. Wonder if it could be the infamous FCV going south. Due to the Holidays and lot's of guests, not having the car available is a bit of a pain so I'm tempted to just ignore it until Tuesday.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I got that sound too since last Friday... my scanner tell me its P0401... I'm not sure I understand the newest discussions about being either the EGR or the <fill in the blank> other thing. If i reset it come back after 1-2 days, sound runs for about 20sec then stop

Sorry, you're part of the club now :roll:

'03 Lexus GS300 Sport Design/NAV/ML

Post subject: Re: My Turn for a Cel
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

[quote="blacksmoke]
I got that sound too since last Friday... my scanner tell me its P0401... I'm not sure I understand the newest discussions about being either the EGR or the <fill in the blank> other thing. If i reset it come back after 1-2 days, sound runs for about 20sec then stop

Sorry, you're part of the club now :roll:[/quote]

Would "the other thing" be the Flow Control Valve :?: Sounds like it as it has a motor and gears :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:25 am 
LOST Junkie

The CEL decided that since I wasn't paying any attention it would go away. I'll call the dealer this morning and see what they suggest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

Just got back from the dealer and found a code P0340 which said the cam poistion sensor frequency too high. The dealer is going to order in a new sensor if not in stock.

Does anyone know the significance of this code?

Also, the code discription does not agree with the std OBD code list in the "Sticky" thread OldNavy posted.

tks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:58 pm 
LOST Member

Interesting! CEL did went away by itself today during a 200miles trip. Outside temp was below 32 all the time
So being the Flow Control Valve (thks Joe... make sense!) I wonder why the light got off?

Litton, your CEL got off therefore the code they retrieved was a stored one right?

'03 Lexus GS300 Sport Design/NAV/ML

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:16 am 
LOST Junkie

blacksmoke wrote:
Interesting! CEL did went away by itself today during a 200miles trip. Outside temp was below 32 all the time
So being the Flow Control Valve (thks Joe... make sense!) I wonder why the light got off?

Litton, your CEL got off therefore the code they retrieved was a stored one right?

Right, it was stored in one of the modules. The SA commented that it was not a "hard" CEL but I didn't think to ask the differance between hard and soft.....should have asked my wife :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

litton wrote:
Right, it was stored in one of the modules. The SA commented that it was not a "hard" CEL but I didn't think to ask the differance between hard and soft.....should have asked my wife :twisted:

Hard would have been with the light on and was occuring then.
Soft means it did occure but is now working ok and light is off :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:48 am 
LOST Newbie

litton wrote:

:lol: