It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Day 25 at the dealer, air in the fuel, Lemon Law
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:08 pm 
LOST Member

The dealer has had my Jeep for 25 days and still can't find the air leak in the fuel system. I told them about the sensors on the filter as posted by someone here. Said they have to follow the checklist. I've tried being nice, tried being demanding, called Jeep customer service to prod them along. Nothing is happening on it. It's been at the dealer for 28 days of the last 11 months. I asked them if they ordered the parts for the TQ recall, may as well do that while it's sitting there. Big fat no. Can't do that until the fuel problem is solved. Asked them if they fixed the wind noise while it was sitting around. Another big fat no, can't do that because they have to drive it to hear the noise.

I've had it with Jeep and DC's poor customer service and incompetent support. I'm want to start the lemon law process on this thing and be done with it and Jeep forever. Has anyone started the process? I need a good lawyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:15 pm 
LOST Junkie

you don't need a lawyer unless you don't feel confident in your ability to stand up againts one.

Just follow the lemon law guide that came with the vehicle or download the info off your states attorney generals site. Get all you paperwork and all your issues organized and in a binder, make a few copies so you never lose anything. Keep detailed records of every communication with DC.

Be professional and never take their insane excuses or BS personally, just seek everything the law allows for. Not being a Richard head can save you a fortune on miles, DC can choose the max per mile charge if they want to be dicks or they can choose no milage or a very low per mile sucharge. The nicer you are the lower it will be. Be nice, not run over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:50 pm 
LOST Member

I would get a Lawyer. Never fight the big Corps with out legal advise. DCX knows how to stick it to you. They will tell you anything and get away with it. Get a Lawyer that has knowalge in the Lemon Law or in Consumer law.

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:01 pm 
LOST Addict

In most states you have far broader rights that what DC outlines in the back of the manual. You need to remember that the lemon procedure in the manual was written by DC's lawyers for the sole purpose of keeping DC out of court, thus limiting their losses. Get a lawyer.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:40 pm 
LOST Junkie

Sorry to hear about this situation. Is it possible that your dealer is incompetant? Is this just a jeep dealer, or is it a Jeep/Dodge dealer. If it is not a Jeep/Dodge/Sprinter dealer, then it is probably likely they do not have a qualified Diesel mechanic on the payroll. You may be stuck though because most of the time a dealer won't take the car if they know it has been at another dealer prior to them looking at the problem.

At least consult a lawyer. Most of the time they offer free consultation and will tell you what they are going to do for you before they offer you the opportunity to retain their services. The only thing that will cost you is your time.

I wish you the best of luck. I know how painful these things can be as I went through all this when my TDI was in an accident. Thankfully the insurance company totaled the car after fudging me around for five months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:55 pm 
LOST Member

Get a Lemon Law Lawyer. After all is settled, DCX will have to pay the lawyer out of their pockets. You won't be charged a thing. My lemon Law Lawyer didn't charge me a thing. I had a bad Ponticrap Minivan. Even some of the $ I recieved back was all given to me.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:13 pm 
LOST Member

42 days and they finally said it was fixed and ready. Made it 1/2 mile down the road and lost all power. Limped it back for a do-over.