It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lift Ordered
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:12 pm 
LOST Member

So, I spoke with Quinn today. (he really IS a very nice and helpful guy) We're going with the Daystar system on the front, OMEcoils on the back, Ranchos all around, and new bumpstops.

I had a RevTek on my old Libby, and it performed well. I'm extremely excited about putting this mix on my CRD. I've been doing some minor modes lately like Hellas on the front bumper and and extra backup lights in the rear. Can't wait to get to wrenching on this. :D

Post subject: Re: Lift Ordered
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

boxhead wrote:
So, I spoke with Quinn today. (he really IS a very nice and helpful guy) We're going with the Daystar system on the front, OMEcoils on the back, Ranchos all around, and new bumpstops.

Sounds familiar. Mine will be hear tomorrow :D

Warn M8000 winch
On board Air
Ham radios
Skidrow and kilby skids

Former: '05 Patriot Blue CRD. Lifted, locked, and a few other toys.

Post subject: Driving lights on bumper
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:50 am 
LOST Member

boxhead,

How'd you mount the driving lights on the bumper of your Limited? I have a set of Daylighters that I pulled off my Wrangler that I'd like to mount onto the KJ but I haven't figured out how to mounth them yet. I figure I'd need a bull bar but haven't found one I like (I just want a black bull bar - no brush guards for the lights or anything - and mounts for a couple Daylighters). Did you just mount them directly to the bumper or did you rig something else up?

GDE Eco Tune and DPF delete
CB Engineering DPF delete pipe
EHM

Past (sold to Mountainman):
2005 Patriot Blue Liberty CRD Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:32 pm 
LOST Member

Re: the driving lights. Look under your front bumper near where the two hooks mount. There's a hole that opens up to the underside of the plastic bumper material. I drilled down through there to mount the Hellas in a position where I could get a socket up through this hole. I could really use a spacer between the plasitc of the bumper and the metal below. I'll probably work on that during the holidays.

In the back, I put some small rectangular backup lights. I mounted a relay under the rear covers on the CD changer mounting, and stole 12 volts and ground from the power socker back there. Then I hooked th relay up to my backup lights. Very bright light!

Finally, I put Silverstars in my headlight, fog lamps, and even replaced the H3's in the Hellas. LOT's of bright light now!