It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: spedo/odo recalc?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:29 pm 
LOST Junkie

When I changed out the lousy, horrible, and dangerous OEM tires last year I went with a different size tire and had the dealer re-program the spedo/odo for the new size. I recently had the f-37 recall done with the associated re-programming.

Does anyone know if I need to have the spedo/odo re-set after the recall fix? I don't know if the f37 program resets all parameters to default

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think the speedometer and odometer are programmed through the BCM and the F37 is related to the TCM. Even if they are associated with the same processor I think the F-37 would only affect parts of the programming associated with the tranny shift points, no the sppedometer/odometer.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:52 pm 
LOST Member

So once I get my bigger tires, I can take it to my favorite Jeep dealership and have them reprogram it?? Is it really that simple? On my '96 Grand Cherokee you had to replace the gear on the end of the sensor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yes, the spedo/odo change is done by computer. The dealer may charge you 1/4 hr servce time, but mine was done w/out charge as they admitted they did not tell me that they would have been happy to change out the tires to Michelin @ purchase intead of letting me pay out my own $$ after 12k miles of slippin and slidin.