It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No f37 recall for me?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

well i just checked jeeps website and nothing comes up for having the f37 recall done to my CRD. were there certain ones that were exempt from the recall. I had to ask because i don't feel like going threw a 38 page thread and i havent had any problems so i dont want to do it anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

No F37 for me either. I think the F37 covers 05s and early 06s. Mine was built in March 2006. It suits me not to have them tearing into my Jeep, especially since everything is working ok so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SCKJCRD wrote:
No F37 for me either. I think the F37 covers 05s and early 06s. Mine was built in March 2006. It suits me not to have them tearing into my Jeep, especially since everything is working ok so far.

Ditto here for my Jan 25, 06 model. Some made in December 05 are not included eather. I don't know why. Some say they are not doing them all at once to keep the dealers from becoming backlogged :? That does not hold water though :?: Don't bother reading it you'll not find out why ours is not listed. I emailed DC and the reply said they knew to the hour and minute what vehicles needed it :roll: If you find out more let us know. However for now I'm glad they're not going to mess with mine :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:40 am 
LOST Member

If they do go adding more of them, mine would probably be one of the last, as it was Built 5-06. It seams to run alot like what most of the people on here are describing their f37'd CRDs do. I noticed it when I first drove mine, I test drove an early early 05 and it had amazing amounts of power in the low end, and almost never needed to be above 2,000. With my 06 you have to be turning about 2,000 to creep away from a stop, 2,500 or 3,000 if you really wanted to scoot. But there is still more then enough power if you were to floor it from the get go.

K

Deer Killer Mod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Kniggit wrote:
If they do go adding more of them, mine would probably be one of the last, as it was Built 5-06. It seams to run alot like what most of the people on here are describing their f37'd CRDs do. I noticed it when I first drove mine, I test drove an early early 05 and it had amazing amounts of power in the low end, and almost never needed to be above 2,000. With my 06 you have to be turning about 2,000 to creep away from a stop, 2,500 or 3,000 if you really wanted to scoot. But there is still more then enough power if you were to floor it from the get go.
K

So from what your saying I would think you, and I, already have the torque managed shifts and highter shift points everyone is talking about :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:19 pm 
LOST Addict

Joe Romas wrote:
Kniggit wrote:
K

So from what your saying I would think you, and I, already have the torque managed shifts and highter shift points everyone is talking about :D

I think I do too, 5th OD doesnt hit till 65. They only problem is that I have a shudder, and as of late I am thinking that something is rattling in the tranny at idle. Wife drives it most all of the time so I am not accustomed to what sounds "normal", but I am pretty sure this is a new sound. I bet I end up with a completely new tranny before this is all over. Im going to make an appt today to see whats up.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just a theory here, but I wonder if those of us that have the F37 notice have it because we've taken our vehicles in previously with a transmission gripe? Shortly after I had my second EGR valve replaced I noticed that the transmission wasn't shifting the same, and was hunting for gears. I took it back to the dealership, they test drove it, and said it was fine. A few weeks later, F37! I've been putting it off for about a month now but I'm scheduled for this coming Monday to get it done.

2008 "Jeep Green" Liberty 4x2 with moon roof
(I traded my 2005 Liberty CRD after way too many problems!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:16 pm 
LOST Member

No rattle, no shutter, and no "hunting" once it locks the converter is there for good unless it goes slower then about 52-55. and 5th "od" shifts at about 65, if its hot closer to 63.

K

Deer Killer Mod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JeepGalPeg wrote:
Just a theory here, but I wonder if those of us that have the F37 notice have it because we've taken our vehicles in previously with a transmission gripe? .

I've had mine in for the surging/bucking thing so I don't think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:44 pm 
LOST Member

Quote:

My CRD was built in early February 2006. As I've read through the F37 threads I've noticed my Jeep has always had the same higher revving and higher shift points as the 'post F37' Jeeps. I agree with you guys that it seems our later CRDs received 'the change' straight from the factory.

I've always loved the way my Jeep ran. Now my interest is piqued knowing it can run even better.

ORM, air filter mod, and less restrictive exhaust has increased my 'everyday' driving 3 mpg.

Post subject: F37 and pretty unhappy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I agree that the later KJs probably already come from Toledo with the s/w we who were dumb enough to have the F37 recall got inoculated with at the dealer. I think the mushy-shift I feel between the last two gears is a torque reduction at the shift point to save the precious TC for DC. If you felt the original shifting you would certainly know that the CRDs were built with diesels and felt like diesels. Now, at only 2K miles (mine was bought in November but had been a late October 05 build) on my clock I feel like my CRD has been emasculated. The drive is mushy-shift and very "soft". Not what I bought at all.

Well I'm working with my dealer and DC. DC says the F37 flash is one-way and can't be undone. My dealer is working to see if anything else can be done to make the X4 Jeep owner happy. I expect them to offer something but I may be wrong. My dealer is 5 Star and they have leaked that several other CRD owners in Dallas with the F37 are complaining loudly. I think DC (who has now slipped to #4 in sales) does not want the car-capitol of Texas to be the CRD-complaint capitol. Time will tell.

I love the rest of my CRD's virtues. I think it is great riding. My mileage could be a little better but this thing is still breaking in. If you can delay or forget the F37 do so. If not, get ready for a different ride and shifting car - not really a loss of power but more of a domesticated output - sophisticated and tamed would be my best description. Unless DC fixes my problem (and I'm still hopeful), I'll switch to another brand next round.

Mike

----------------------
His: 06 Atlantic Blue CRD
OEM Tow Pkg
T&H SS Bullbar
PIAA Driving Lamps
-----------------------
Her's: 09 Prius (no kidding)