It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Im disapointed with 27k CRD
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:18 am 
LOST Newbie

First off im a car buff and take my cars seriously heck my CRD gets sysn oil i shop around for cheap shoes hehe. Im disapointed with dealer that serviced my jeep. I had my sister drop the jeep off for lower ball joint recal, they talk her into a alignment? Now the jeep has grease on the steering wheel, somehow they droped a tool on the hood and entire hood had to be repainted after i notified them in the morning. The jeep doesnt have the pre=sion steering a new car should wind pushes it easy, left wheel slight shimmy and if i let go wheel pulls to the right pretty hard. No i am the kind of parinod person who slows down for bumps missed pot holes and babies my stuff. Is it me or the jeep? Im upset should i be? Ive tried to just let this go and have to many things on my plate right now building a home. Should i try and remidy this with a different dealer or go to the one 50 miles away talk to them maybe get DC to buy this thing back MSRP trade for new JK RUBI? Jeep has 29k miles it should be like new i take good care of my stuff. To date the shift interlock replaced key wouldnt come out, EGR at 25k,vibs/stalling,f37 reflash comp,lower ball joints replaced,slight shimmy drivers side with bump steer feel, overheating when going up hill with alum boat.

Post subject: Re: Im disapointed with 27k CRD
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:47 am 
LOST Member

mrwrangler wrote:
I had my sister drop the jeep off for lower ball joint recal, they talk her into a alignment? overheating when going up hill with alum boat.

I would complain vigerously (sp?) to DC on the alignment. If they have to do any repairs/work as a result of a recall, that is not to be charged for.

also there is a TSB for "perceived" overheating conditions. I think it's a recalibration of how the sensor works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:08 am 
LOST Member

Find a new Dealer for service, one who is familiar with the issues of the CRD. You wandered into a nest of stoop shouldered knuckle draggers.
The CRD is a unique build, with technical issues quite advanced. MANY dealers are not quite sure how to approach issues other than
guessing and throwing parts at it. The CRD is still built for Canada, Europe, and whoever else wants one except us Americans.
The EPA killed the little diesel with required EGR, CCV, and other performance robbing cute little sensors and gizmos that don't work right with
dirty fuel. Find a Service Manager at a dealership that you can reason with AND work with not just threaten. These service guys and gals don't really want to see you again and again any more than you want to see them. They want to have your vehicle fixed and operating as it was designed.
You'd be surprized how willing most dealer service folks are willing to work with you if only the threats of forced buy back or class action lawsuits don't pepper
the conversation. Hey..... I'll give you 3000.00 sight-unseen, EVEN with the shimmy and your troubles will be over......
:wink:

13 Edge Limited AWD