It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lemon law ?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Took my jeep in to have the F 37 recall done and also fix a rattle in the front end which ended up being a bad pulley. The dealership said the torque convertor is on national back order. My CRD has been out of service for about 15 days since i've had it which would allow the manufacturer at least one opportunity to repair it under the Florida Lemon Law. If it was out of service for repair of one or more defects for a cumulative total of 30 or more days and I have given the written notification and inspection/repair opportunity, then the manufacturer must offer a refund or replacement. Under days out of service, it is not required that any reported defect or condition continue to exist. All of this is straight out of the Florida Lemon Law book I received with the jeep. Also, under repeat repairs, if after 3 attempts on the same defect and it has not been fixed, then I could lemon law. My question is, could I leave it at the dealership until the torque convertor gets there to up the days out of service? Or should I got the route of having the trans shutter, which it has and I have complained about (at least 3 times), fixed or attemted to be fixed and get out of this thing. I like my CRD, but it is killing me on down time and having to get other rides while it is being fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:28 pm 
LOST Addict

You really should talk to a trusted lawyer. What you describe from the Lemon Law are the the thresholds for automatic, uncontestible buybacks. Many states have broader intrepretations of the law. The stack of TSB's, 3 recalls, and record of frequent downtime are enough in some states to show sufficient proof that DC knew they had problems and you provided them access to the vehicle to correct them without success. I would guess that many CRD have winable cases without meeting the Lemon Law thresholds. Be prepared to front some cash to a lawyer to argue a case like this and remember that Dewey, Chetham, & Howe can take your money as easily as DC's. Find a trusted lawyer.

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:56 pm 
LOST Junkie

My dealer supplies a new rental car for free while they work on the CRD, been lucky though it rarely needs attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Where do you take it, I would be willing to drive south if the dealer knows what they are doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Anyone know a good lawyer in Florida?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:43 am 
LOST Member

I know that the Lemon Law Lawyer I am using in Michigan is said to be one of the best around here. He does not take a dime from me. According to our state law, DCX has to pay his tab.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759