It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Check Engine Light AGAIN!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

So my check engine light came on 2 weeks ago. Of course the dealer couldn't look at until monday. Monday was MLK day so they checked the light, but said they needed to call engineering and sent me home. I drop it back off this Monday and they did the recall, but had it for two days for the check engine light. Of course no loaner car so I had to get a rental. Anyway I got it back and the problem is still not fixed. They need to replace the glow plug controller again. This is now my 3rd ECM and 2nd glow plug controller. The reason I am pissed is because I plug the CRD in everynight with a timer so it is warm. The glow plug light never comes and it fires right up. I am fed up with DCX and the recall and the fact that the dealers are not prepared to work on diesels. Not to mention that I hate the way it drives now. It feels more sluggish then ever pulling away from a stop sign. I might be ready to cut my losses and sell this piece of crap. Any takers?

Michael

ipod Adapter

Retired Cars:
86 Izuzu Trooper II
87 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (317,000 miles and still going, gave it to a friend)
99 Grand Cherokee Limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:19 pm 
LOST Member

Not in the market for another one, but I did have mine out all night last week in -12F (not windchill!) and it fired right up.

Post subject: Re: Check Engine Light AGAIN!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

alpnst wrote:
I am fed up with DCX and the recall and the fact that the dealers are not prepared to work on diesels. Not to mention that I hate the way it drives now. It feels more sluggish then ever pulling away from a stop sign. I might be ready to cut my losses and sell this piece of crap. Any takers?

Michael

With that "sales pitch" it is very tempting :wink:

I think there are more than a few that feel your pain :oops:

I have been pretty lucky...only blew up an engine!

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I talked to the service manager at a Jeep dealer who has gotten to know all the CRD owners in a 100 mile radius. He knows all of them by name as they all have been in his shop for multiple reasons, and often times for the same reoccurring problems. He said they all love the CRD’s when they are running, but the down time is frustrating for both the owners and the service department. He said that his most frustrating issue was the lack of support from Chrysler. He also said that Chrysler has pretty much neglected to recognize the severity of the problems. And I really got scared when he said that Chrysler doesn’t have the answers for many of CRD problems. The poor designs have a tremendous domino effect. I really don’t know what to do…………………..

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:00 am 
LOST Addict

dieselenthusiast wrote:
I talked to the service manager at a Jeep dealer who has gotten to know all the CRD owners in a 100 mile radius. He knows all of them by name as they all have been in his shop for multiple reasons, and often times for the same reoccurring problems. He said they all love the CRD’s when they are running, but the down time is frustrating for both the owners and the service department. He said that his most frustrating issue was the lack of support from Chrysler. He also said that Chrysler has pretty much neglected to recognize the severity of the problems. And I really got scared when he said that Chrysler doesn’t have the answers for many of CRD problems. The poor designs have a tremendous domino effect. I really don’t know what to do…………………..

That's why a lot of us have quit asking DC for solutions and started looking elsewhere for answers, warranty be d####d.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler