It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Observations of Speed, RPM's, Distance, and MPG's
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:31 pm 
LOST Addict

The following observations were made with my GPS that has latest software update version.

Speedometer treading @ 70 MPH *** GPS 69.9 MPH @ 2100 rpm

Odometer Reading @ 50 miles *** GPS 50.86 miles = 1.72 mile error in 100 miles or 1.72% error.

Back in town at the first stop light a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 pulled up beside me and made all the drag motions of making truck jump forward a few feet a couple of times before the light changed. I had just filled the CRD and also had 4 gallons in fuel can in the back, so I was at full weight and some. Anyway the light changed to green and he chirped the tires as his female passanger flipped me the bird, needless to say I had a moment of supprise before I was able to hammer the throttle. Then I squalled tires for about ten feet and shot past him as his gasser sounded like it was reaching about 10,000 RPM's, then we got to the next intersection and where he tried again. This time I was ready and I beat him off the line and was able to roll down window and return the sulute as he fell behind.

It was so much fun, I felt 40 years younger. :wink:

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject: Re: Observations of Speed, RPM's, Distance, and MPG's
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:45 pm 
LOST Member

oldnavy wrote:

Back in town at the first stop light a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 pulled up beside me and made all the drag motions of making truck jump forward a few feet a couple of times before the light changed. I had just filled the CRD and also had 4 gallons in fuel can in the back, so I was at full weight and some. Anyway the light changed to green and he chirped the tires as his female passanger flipped me the bird, needless to say I had a moment of supprise before I was able to hammer the throttle. Then I squalled tires for about ten feet and shot past him as his gasser sounded like it was reaching about 10,000 RPM's, then we got to the next intersection and where he tried again. This time I was ready and I beat him off the line and was able to roll down window and return the sulute as he fell behind.

It was so much fun, I felt 40 years younger. :wink:

That is awesome!

I did pretty much the same to a woman in a Lexus ES300 (mid-90's) when driving the folks' CRD without them in the truck. She was pretty angry that her aging expensive Camry variant couldn't out-accelerate a Liberty!

And: 1995 Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, Silver, Selec-Trac, custom free-flow exhaust by local shop.

Me: 1998 Subaru Outback AWD, 2.5 DOHC, 5-speed manual. Nearly 170k miles & runs awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

This morning a young gal was driving a 1.8T jetta going up a long on ramp and she was on it, water flying out of the tailpipe and banging gears. I was right on her ...... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:11 pm 
LOST Member

I think that the CRD performs fairly well especially compared to the gas model. Even though it has higher shift points it will still get right on it. I read HotRod magazine a lot and have read before "if you were to take the same car through the 1/4 twice shifting on the Torque peak once and the Horsepower peak once which one do you think would win?" Sure we hate it that our diesel engine hits 2500 RPM more often then before the F37 but if you were to do a 1/4 with your jeep before and after which do you think would be faster?

K

Deer Killer Mod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Kniggit wrote:
I think that the CRD performs fairly well especially compared to the gas model. Even though it has higher shift points it will still get right on it. I read HotRod magazine a lot and have read before "if you were to take the same car through the 1/4 twice shifting on the Torque peak once and the Horsepower peak once which one do you think would win?" Sure we hate it that our diesel engine hits 2500 RPM more often then before the F37 but if you were to do a 1/4 with your jeep before and after which do you think would be faster?

K

OK I give up, which IS faster :?:

Old Navy, the guy's lady in the toy is most likely younger then both of our daughters :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:44 am 
LOST Addict

Joe Romas wrote:

Old Navy, the guy's lady in the toy is most likely younger then both of our daughters :roll:
The CRD is faster by far if you pre-stall then the 3.7L in a qtr mile and has more top end probably and get better MPG's doing it guys. :wink:

I have a daughter that will be 39 this summer. :roll:

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

oldnavy wrote:
Joe Romas wrote:

The CRD is faster by far if you pre-stall then the 3.7L in a qtr mile and has more top end probably and get better MPG's doing it guys. :wink:

I have a daughter that will be 39 this summer. :roll:

I was asking Kniggit if shifting at peak HP or torque was faster :lol:

My daughter is 35 and I'm about to turn 40...plus a few :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:51 am 
LOST Member

HP

Deer Killer Mod