It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Longest time without a problem?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:30 am 
LOST Member

What’s the longest amount of time you have not had a problem/annoyance with your CRD?

Either a CEL, Shudder, Rough starting (feeling like running on 3 cyl), transmission slipping when cold, anything.

Longest I have gone without a problem/annoyance is 2 weeks and I’m getting sick of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If you "skip" my engine blowup...the CRD has never left me stranded. The only other problem I have had was the FuEL Filter Housing "Leak". I have 15,000 miles ( 7,000 on the new engine ) on my CRD. I have had about 4-5 "limp mode" incidents with no codes thrown.

No EGR Problems...but at 8,100 miles the engine was replaced and came with a new EGR.

No TC issues "yet"...and have not allowed DC to perform the F37...looking for an aftermarket solution...not a DC warranty bandage!

Otherwise, I guess I have been lucky?

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Last edited by DarbyWalters on Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

And if you skip my Transmission failure at 25,000 I have had no issues with the vehicle. It starts, runs and has a few electrical quirks but it's a solid engine.

New EGR Flow Control Valve @ 25,020 miles
New Transfer Case input/output seals @ 32,787 miles
SEGR Kit @ 52,000 miles
SunCoast TC and Transgo Shift Kit @ 52,000 miles

Post subject: Only 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:33 pm 
LOST Member

I have had two issues, One at the very start (400) miles, a wiring harnes rubbing and cut thru some wires, and one limp mode. I am at 16000 miles and love it.

Born on 5-20-2006 @ 7:20pm
Jeep Green, Oil drain valve
Tow Package, Transmission skid plate
EHM2, ORM,
Current mileage 79,000.
Past Jeeps: 63 CJ5,
1994, 1995, 2000 Cherokee,
1995, 1997, 2003 Wrangler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just at 17 months and 16,000 miles and have never been stranded. Nor have any codes been thrown. Only the occassional shudder for which I have proactively tried to get every TSB I could, done. My only issue is TSB and Recall service at the dealership - poor customer service, but the Jeep seems to be a good one thus far despite all the scratches and such that the dealership has caused.

I'm just amazed that the dealership has not caused it to throw a code or completely break down (knocking on wood now :P )

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:53 pm 
LOST Junkie

My only problem was 10.000 miles ago. I had to get the TC replaced. That was sometime in October, no problems since.

I have some kind of rattle coming from under the engine now though. Very noticeable when the vehicle is cold. Sounds like a metal bracket thats loose, fast ringing kind of noise. I guess its either Transm pump or at the exhaust manifold somewhere.

ORM&EHM with great success!
TJM T17 Bumper, 50W KC HID's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

I had an egr (cel light) at 10k and now have about 42k on the odometer. The egr was the only repair I had other than normal maint and the recalls (and change out of the awful oem tires) in the past 18 months, or so. I turn the key, wait for the glow plugs and start. It has started in all temps from 100F to -12F without the use of additives and/or block heater.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:46 pm 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Besides the brake howl, which has gone away now, mine has had zero issues in 21,000 miles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

Near 10 mos and 10,000 miles never a problem.

1999 Porsche Carrera 4, Can't tow with this one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just get the odd shutter/misfire once every 6 months. Tranny is good so far, rear brakes chatter under moderate braking, not heavy or light breaking.

My biggest complaint is my dealership is retarded, they keep telling me they get no codes with the misfire issue and can't find anything wrong, they seem to think the brake chatter is antilock going off, and won't do the F37 recall because it hasn't been issued for my libby, even though my vin number suggests I am one of the ones effected. Why I want things fixed now is they probably won't become serious until after my warranty is up and then I am paying for all these fixes they should of done in the first place. I hate the fact I know more about these CRD's and their issues then they do, yet they control what gets fixed and what doesn't. I also just don't have the time to goto court over it.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7L hemi, LT headers, magnaflow exhaust, AFE CAI, 6.1L Cam, transgo shift kit, Programmer, 2800stall converter. 1/4 mile 13.71@97.7mph and I can still haul. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:44 pm 
LOST Junkie

So far 10K without anything significant. Window regulators (3) and one limp home that went away after restarting. I expect this is a very durable little vehicle with some minor quirks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

17 months and 24K miles with really nothing to complain about mechanically stock with no EHM or anything. I had one CEL with a limp about 2 miles from the dealer and drove it right in but by the time I got there the limp had self healed and the codes thrown were not in the dealers book. About three months later I got another CEL 250 miles from home on a summer vacation and it went away about 150 miles later.

I am considering the F-37 and my dealer told me today that it would be their intention to replace the pump too.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:18 pm 
LOST Addict

Bought June of 06 23K miles or so now, never seen the dealer, never broke down, always starts, and I am leaning towards air in the fuel lines causing the bucking. So I must say I am a happy customer. I just cant bring myself to trust this Torque converter yet. If an aftermarket option comes out I will work towards getting that.

Hmm 23K mi/8months = 2875 mi/mo. Poor little jeep :cry: Glad I bought that extended warranty :wink:

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:51 pm 
LOST Member

17 months with 36k miles.

Only to dealer for both recalls.

I keep reading of the other's problems but have not experienced them.

Extremely lucky or not attentive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:20 am 
LOST Member

RJ I love reading posts like yours its like getting a great big pat on the back, but then again, theres the other side where you are pushing me into a bed of nails.... if there are some out there that are so reliable, then how were so many Lemons? Why are all of them here? is it because you searched for a CRD forum the instant you had a problem? maybe thats why the L.O.S.T. website has so many listed failures, its because of the fact its one of the few places with a LARGE group of CRD owners.

K

Deer Killer Mod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Kniggit wrote:
RJ I love reading posts like yours its like getting a great big pat on the back, but then again, theres the other side where you are pushing me into a bed of nails.... if there are some out there that are so reliable, then how were so many Lemons? Why are all of them here? is it because you searched for a CRD forum the instant you had a problem? maybe thats why the L.O.S.T. website has so many listed failures, its because of the fact its one of the few places with a LARGE group of CRD owners.

K

There was an earlier poll here several months ago asking how many had significant failures. As I recall the result was close to 80% responding had no real failures. Only a handful here have had repeated EGR failures, transmission failures and repeated “Limp" conditions under dangerous situations and those are real problems but still the numbers are not overwhelming.

I get the shutter occasionally but it is mild and I don't fret about it I just drive around it because I know when and how it happens. If I stray there I get out in a hurry. Others feel that it is a real problem and perhaps there CRD reacts more severely for them than mine does so their reaction to it is as a problem. Same for the intercooler hose oil.

It would be nice if someone made a perfect car or truck that had no quirks and never failed but the reality consistently shows that is not the case. It would be nice if someone made the perfect driver too eh!

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:39 am 

Kniggit wrote:

K

I feel it is because those with issues readily search out a forum for peace of mind. Many, many of the others just get in and turn the key and if it starts, no worries. Others aren't into forums. Bottom line is the vast majority of these are going down the road just like they were supposed to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

For what's it worth I spoke with the service manager last week about this very issue and asked him what was the most commong problems with the CRD and how many CRD customers he has.

This dealer has about 2 dozens CRD's and a lot of gassers that they service. The vast majority of the service calls (exlcuding routine maintenance) is for the various recalls.

Interestingly, window regulators are the most frequent complaint...... have had three myself.
A couple of EGR problems but not many.
Rear brake noise, but again a general liberty problem.
Two TC failures as best he can recall.
No Tranny poblems at all......much better then the gassers by the way.
No Engine problems.
Random CEL's that may or may not have left a soft code but no stranded owners.
A bunch of defective tires but that is a Liberty problem in general.

All in all, a pretty reliable vehicle with a lot of happy owners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:21 pm 
LOST Member

At over 36k no big problems to speak of. I've had the "customer service satisfaction notice" stuff done.

An occasional shudder, a little frustrated with my air intake system, but no break downs, no going 'limp" 8) , no CEL's.

Fumoto Oil Drain Valves (Oil Pan & Transfer Case)
V6 Airbox Mod
New Driveshaft, New EGR
2003 Wrangler Sport 4.0L, Bright Blue
2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 Door, Red Rock Crystal Pearl WOW!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:23 pm 

KJbob wrote:
At over 36k no big problems to speak of. I've had the "customer service satisfaction notice" stuff done.

An occasional shudder, a little frustrated with my air intake system, but no break downs, no going 'limp" 8) , no CEL's.

Yea, I hate limping in. :D