It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:20 pm 
LOST Member

Installed Thrush glass pack 2 1/4" ID in/out tonight. Test drove it, now I have a whistle type noise upon acceleration. Sounds to be from the back near the muffler. Has anyone else noticed this upon installation? Maybe I don't have the clamps tight enough. Will check it tomorrow. It does appear to accelerate in a more relaxed manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

hatchetman wrote:
Installed Thrush glass pack 2 1/4" ID in/out tonight. Test drove it, now I have a whistle type noise upon acceleration. Sounds to be from the back near the muffler. Has anyone else noticed this upon installation? Maybe I don't have the clamps tight enough. Will check it tomorrow. It does appear to accelerate in a more relaxed manner.

That is probably the sound of your turbo spooling up...a good whistle :P

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 pm 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

hatchetman wrote:

Did you put it on right? There used to be an arrow to show flow.

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:26 am 
LOST Member

Didn't see an arrow. It's just a perferated tube. Don't see how flow could be directional, but I will check in the morning. Anything is possible, and I do screw up boiling water. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:45 am 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

hatchetman wrote:
Didn't see an arrow. It's just a perferated tube. Don't see how flow could be directional, but I will check in the morning. Anything is possible, and I do screw up boiling water. :evil:

I once put a Thrush on bassackwards. Sounded like a raped ape. :lol: :oops:

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

well i just got this done today for a total of 60 dollars. theres not a huge differnce in sound. just enough to hear the turbo and a little burble at idle. I got the neck down part hacked off. pictures of it tommorw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 am 
LOST Member

Reporting now. I love the new muffler. It sounds great, not much louder than stock, but a bit deeper in sound. The butt dyno as well as racing my girlfriend from the traffic light up to the speed limit tells me the turbo spools faster and the rig seems to pull harder. In addition to having the MAF disconnected, and subsequently the EGR disabled, it really sounds great. Also, when placing my hand in front of the tail pipe, the exuaust output is definatly stronger and you can feel the pulses much more than before.

245/75/16 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders