It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:05 am 
LOST Member

I know that any good member of this forum would at least say thank you for the attempt, so Thanks, a whole bunch. I would love to see the results, even though mine is a late build.

K

Deer Killer Mod

Post subject: Re: Results are in...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AZScout wrote:
I don't know if it's my Jeep or the CRD's in general but my Jeep was only good for about 2 runs before we started getting trash numbers. Specifically, a drop of about 10-20% for each run thereafter. The dyno techs were completely puzzled and said either the intercooler was not doing it's job and and was getting soaked after the two runs or the ECU was making adjustments as we changed the parameters

This statement is good information in my opinion. I don't know if anyone else notices, but for a heavy foot 'hole shotter' like me I have noticed that just after startup my little CRD has decent hole shot, but after a few hard runs, my performance is much worse.

I DO want to know what brand of chip to purchase to get the most performance I can without going into limp mode - any suggestions?

Daystar 2.0" Lift, P255/70R16 Revos, Boulder Bars, Reese Front Hitch w/9k Hooks, Poison Spyder Rock Ring, MOPAR Skids/Bug Shield/Roof Rails/Mats, WARN Hitch Shackle(Rear), 10k Hitch Hook(Front), Custom Tilt/Slope Meter, Ammo Box Mod, Rotella T 5W-40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:10 pm 
LOST Member

Quote:
I DO want to know what brand of chip to purchase to get the most performance I can without going into limp mode - any suggestions?

F31 has no problems with the SP diesel chip, even set on the highet HO setting.
F37 does not start up in the HO setting but will run in HO after started. I did not go into limp mode yesterday. I think the best thing is the Inmotion ECU tune though because you are actually mapping what you want straight to the brain, without any type of piggyback set-up. It's just cleaner. Having said that, I am completely satisfied with the SP diesel and there is a definite difference in HP. How much...probably similar to the other chips out there...

Yukon Rear Axles
265/75 16 TrXus M/T's and Bridgestone Revo's
Fumoto Valve
Aero Turbine 2525
Rock Lizard Komodo Bumper
Sundance Custom's Front Bumper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

AZ, yes please post if you can....would be interested in seeing what you came up with. Thank you again for your time and expense in doing this....I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say we all really apprecaite it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

Stock CRD is 129 RWHP as dyno'd in Vancouver. Not sure if it's an 05 or 06, I'll look for the magazine again.

2000 Golf TDI
1991 Jetta Turbo Diesel (great car)
1986 Golf Diesel
1982 Westfalia Diesel
1979 Rabbit Diesel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:31 am 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

alljeep wrote:
BVCRD wrote:
alljeep wrote:
RTStabler51 wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that the F31 flash is the same as the F37?

I was not subject to F31 because I had already proactivly gotten the 18-009-06 and then the 18-023-06 done to try and get rid of my shudder. It was 18-023-06 that was the new software that is the same as F37 as they did not reflash mine for F37 because of it. Just a few weeks after 18-023-06 came out, I believe it was canceled and replaced with F31 Recall for which I never received a notice.

Basically, 18-023-06, F31, and F37 all have the same torque reducing software in them - that I noticed way back when I got the TSB done.

Well that may explain alot. I had the 18-023-06 done on mine when it was barely a month old as a preventitive measure. Never knew they were almost one in the same. If true, I can say with ALL CERTAINTY, that I never once knew there was any less power or torque reduction as a result. It didn't alter my fuel economy either. AND, I have towed a 3000# brakeless trailer over several 10,500-11,000 foot passes too. What's the big deal?

I never said it was a big deal. My main issue has been beyond horrible customer service at dealerships - especially for F37 - they left my Jeep all banged up, leaking, ect. in addition to keeping it for 6 days when promised after 1 day - plus the whole loaner car fight...

I can tell folks that after driving mine 14,000 miles with no torque reduction software that I noticed a huge difference in the 'hole-shot' performance that I was used to, but everything was the same or better at freeway speeds. I used to really accelerate from a stop light starting at 1500rpm, now it just sits there until it winds up to 3000rpm and I've L.O.S.T. the ability to "smoke" most vehicles off the line. Just an enjoyment factor that was taken away from me.

It is frusterating to know that the 545RFE has now been redesigned for model year 2008 vehicles to handle way more torque, and as such, this loss of 'hole shot' would not be necessary if this redesign were available to us.

Turns out the date on my reflash sticker is 4-21-06.

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:49 pm 
LOST Junkie

DarbyWalters wrote:
Results from Diesel World September 2006

3rd Gear run on a Mustang 1100 Chassis Dyno:

1) Stock CRD with DynoMax Catback Exhaust:

159 RWHP / 268 # pounds (falls quickly after 2000 rpm)

2) DeiselPower CR-S Module with DynoMax:

183.3 RWHP / 306.6 # pounds (power came on quicker and longer)

3) Predator Module with DynoMax:

183.9 RWHP / 310.1 # pounds (fatter and stronger torque curve)
IMO, those numbers are actually bad booty seeing how Mustang Dynos typically are alot lower numbers than a DynoJet. However, the disappointing thing is how quickly you saw it falls on its face...

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
SAMCO Hoses//GDE Tune//PML Trans Pan//TransGo HD Shift Kit//MBRP Exhaust

1986 2R Mustang SVO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:45 am 
LOST Junkie

Wait, I'm L.O.S.T. on this thread. Did he ever dyno test the flashed CRD? What is the accepted stock dyno number 129 or 159?

I am really no rushing into the F37 on my 2005. I am keeping my baby away from the dealer, even though there is a shudder sometimes. Being married is enough ball-snipping for me.

99.5 FrankenJetta TDI (R.I.P.): being turned into diesel hybrid!
99.5 Replacement Jetta TDI: deal of a lifetime, EHM, some other stuff

Post subject: Thanks AZScout!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:15 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks AZScout,

Not much info on this sort of thing hitting the forums yet. As you experienced, it can be expensive and somewhat variable in results. I'm with alljeep on this one -- this was good information even though it wasn't what was anticipated.

Perhaps the new ECM flash contains constraints that make the use of external tuning products ineffective. :? It wouldn't surprise me given the level of effort they appear to have had on getting the new ECM flashes incorporated into the post deployment product line.

Again, thanks for your willingness to help out the group by getting the Dyno and posting your results. 8)

Sold: Silver 06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:33 pm 
LOST Member

Ditto the thanks, AZ, results notwithstanding your effort was aimed to clarify what's going on with all of our rides!

Does anyone know if the Bosch ecp16 controller is adaptive enough to provide lont-term smoothing/countering of tuning boxes inputs? I would have thought is could only adapt within a moderate range of its own mapping, not appear to significantly offset tuning.

I'd consider the InMotion tuning, but what would around would be required for a "safety" oriented recall that involved an ECM flash?

Cheers,
Duey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

BiodieselJeep.com wrote:
Wait, I'm L.O.S.T. on this thread. Did he ever dyno test the flashed CRD? What is the accepted stock dyno number 129 or 159?

I am really no rushing into the F37 on my 2005. I am keeping my baby away from the dealer, even though there is a shudder sometimes. Being married is enough ball-snipping for me.

Well, what is it at the wheel stock?

2000 Golf TDI
1991 Jetta Turbo Diesel (great car)
1986 Golf Diesel
1982 Westfalia Diesel
1979 Rabbit Diesel

Post subject: EGR the culprit?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:04 am 
LOST Newbie

I wonder if the power drop off after the second run was due to EGR heating? Or do you think the tranny got hot and wasn't performing as well? Very interesting. I want to test mine now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:52 am 
LOST Addict

Turbo and everything after it heated up.

Post subject: Re: EGR the culprit?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:54 pm 
LOST Addict

huxrules wrote:
I wonder if the power drop off after the second run was due to EGR heating? Or do you think the tranny got hot and wasn't performing as well? Very interesting. I want to test mine now.

I would imagine EGR. Figures show it puts a significant heat load on the engine. Plus that heat goes right into the air intake-- the exact opposite of a cold air intake... Once that intercooler gets heat soaked with all that hot air... no more cool air... much less power. I have noticed this is in the summer-- it is hot here in Phoenix and the idea of heat exchanging when the ambient temperature is 115 degrees is marginal to begin with. I have always attributed this to bad software tuning and emissions software programming, but I could see where the EGR plays a part too.

I will say one thing... mine has never ever overheated on me and I have flogged it up some hills in very high temperatures. So the cooling system is adequate as far as the radiator goes. I imagine that if you disconnect the EGR-- it would be near impossible to overheat this thing.

Post subject: Re: EGR the culprit?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:28 am 
LOST Junkie

Pablo wrote:
I will say one thing... mine has never ever overheated on me and I have flogged it up some hills in very high temperatures. So the cooling system is adequate as far as the radiator goes. I imagine that if you disconnect the EGR-- it would be near impossible to overheat this thing.

I would suggest a quick/long look over at the "kill the EGR" thread. There is a very comlicated mod definitely worth dyno-ing.

Ready for it?

Unhook the MAF. :lol:

That's it. Runs great cause the EGR is shut in the defualt. Throws a CEL but whatever. Seriously, unplug the MAF and take it for a dive, runs like it SHOULD.

99.5 FrankenJetta TDI (R.I.P.): being turned into diesel hybrid!
99.5 Replacement Jetta TDI: deal of a lifetime, EHM, some other stuff