It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kerma's work on the F-37 fiasco.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 pm 
LOST Member

I have been on here a while and have gathered some info from here. I am a rookie at this but here is what is going on. I talked to Kerma today. I emailed him earlier today with the TCM info (thanks gmctd!). I asked him what the chances are of reading the TCM info and being able to flash the pre F-37 program over the post F-37 tune. He said "pretty da&* good." He said he knows a guy that is really good a code. I am going to try to go to his shop on Friday and get a reading on the TCM.

If we can get the reading on the TCM, we will be asking someone to lend us their pre F37ed TCM. We will need an 05 and an 06 pre-F37ed TCM. Kerma said that he would throw a tune in for whoever would do that. PM me if you can spare you TCM for a little bit. Just, keep in mind that we may need the TCMs if we can read mine. My TCM is post F37, but we don't want to have some send the us THE TCMs until we are sure we can read them. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Cummins Lift pump
Selling Non F37 TCM due to having another child and needing a 6 passenger vehicle. Plans for Suncoast are now gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:25 pm 
LOST Member

Who and where is Kerma?? I see you are in Heber, I am in SLC, but saddly I am f37'd as well. I would be VERY interested if someone semi-local could flash tunes!!

90 Miata (sold)
'49 Studebaker PU (sold)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Q&A is in the LIBERTY CRD forum - this is for technical input only - please see the several F37 threads there for your answers

FYI: I have three - count'em: 3 - 545 TCM's from the small V8 Grand Cherokee - '00, '02, '04 - all identical Motorola 68HC11\deriv - might wanna see how the other side lives.........................

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MOVED as appropriate....

other mods coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:25 am 
LOST Addict

http://www.kermatdi.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:56 pm 
LOST Member

I have a 2005 non f-37, but will kinda need to drive it - anyone have a spare I could use while mine out being scanned

Last edited by Spowers on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:17 pm 
LOST Member

LocoCRD has a "friend" that has one too. I will see if this is a possibility and let you all know.

Cummins Lift pump
Selling Non F37 TCM due to having another child and needing a 6 passenger vehicle. Plans for Suncoast are now gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:51 pm 
LOST Addict

I could give up my pre f37 2005 tcm for a while and ride the motorcycle instead.

Is Kerma going to sign up on this board? That would make it a lot easier without middle-men.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

MTB_TDI wrote:
LocoCRD has a "friend" that has one too. I will see if this is a possibility and let you all know.

Let me know how the read goes on your F37ed TCM, and I'll talk it over with my "friend."

SEGR ala TurboTim
255/70/16 Big O on Rubis minor trimming required
87k+ miles=3 factory TC's, 2 front pumps, 1 turbo, & drivers side wheel bearing/hub
Suncoast TC and Transgo Snake oil-41k
New Front Drive shaft-30K
Stage 2 InMotion Tune-54k, makes me go :)
B&M Tranny Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:32 pm 
LOST Member

CATCRD wrote:
Is Kerma going to sign up on this board?

I'm going over to his shop tomorrow and we are getting the Qloader working with my jeep. I will talk to him tomorrow and see if he wants to sign up. He stays pretty busy on the TDIclub site.

Cummins Lift pump

Post subject: Kerma log on here
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It would probably do him good to get away from the current and prevalent toxic vendor wars on the aforementioned site for a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:04 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Tell him that this site has a LOT less of the attitude too. I know I could only handle that place in little bits. Its bad enough with the trolls on the forums.. But everyone there seems to think they are an engineer. Few are, and the real ones don't need to be constantly waving their credentials around to try and impress people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:34 am 
LOST Addict

geordi wrote:
Tell him that this site has a LOT less of the attitude too. I know I could only handle that place in little bits. Its bad enough with the trolls on the forums.. But everyone there seems to think they are an engineer. Few are, and the real ones don't need to be constantly waving their credentials around to try and impress people.

stfu n00b

:-)r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:46 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Your Noob comment will never replace all the needed newbie comments that the USA uses, look for a group of overly large corporations that currently provide the current N00B comments to the USA to develop a new form of no0b comment based entirely on some quasi-revolutionary matter-energy transfer and cost to-be-determined (but not as cheap as the current N00B) and it will be available in about the next 10 years or so.

Oh, and my engineering degree (even though I'm a pilot flying 747 cargo planes everywhere) tells me that your use of the currently-available alternative noob comments will do serious damage to your engine, will make your hair fall out, and cause you to vote for the green party. I know these things b/c I'm an engineer. Even though I fly planes for a living.

Guess who that is! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:53 am 
LOST Addict

geordi wrote:
Your Noob comment will never replace all the needed newbie comments that the USA uses, look for a group of overly large corporations that currently provide the current N00B comments to the USA to develop a new form of no0b comment based entirely on some quasi-revolutionary matter-energy transfer and cost to-be-determined (but not as cheap as the current N00B) and it will be available in about the next 10 years or so.

Oh, and my engineering degree (even though I'm a pilot flying 747 cargo planes everywhere) tells me that your use of the currently-available alternative noob comments will do serious damage to your engine, will make your hair fall out, and cause you to vote for the green party. I know these things b/c I'm an engineer. Even though I fly planes for a living.

Guess who that is! :D

no idea, I dont post on that forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:51 am 
LOST Junkie

Back on topic... I'd be interested in the pre-F37 power levels, but with the post-F37 shift points. Of course, I've read posts here which indicate that F37 only neuters power during shifts, which would seem to make F37 something of a non-issue. I don't know if this is the case or not.

- Chris

Suncoast TC, Transgo shift kit, Inmotion, ORM, EHM, Magnaflow SS exhaust, Fumoto valve, EVIC added, Hensley TruControl brake controller, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LR-D in spring/summer/fall, FIA winter front and Blizzaks in winter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:22 am 
LOST Junkie

I'm sorry I'm no help here whatsoever. The stealership didn't bother to flash my trans controller. (although they charged Chrysler for the work)

I really don't know what changed with the shift schedule.

2005 CRD Limited Flame Red w/ Renegade rock rails & light bar, AirLift 1000. 225/75R16 MT/R's on cheap black steel wheels, dual MOPAR subwoofers, Ipod kit & seat covers, Samco hoses - totaled and gone. 2008 WK Laredo 3.0L diesel - AirLift 1000, wife won't let me mess with it much. 2013 JK Sahara on order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm thinking low-end engine torque was decreased with reduced power during shifting and lockup in the ECM, and lockup timing (pressure) was altered in TCM - the later shift points is prolly resulted from reduced low end torque, making engine rev more to make enuff power for the next gear - all-in-all, a tidy software downgrade to protect that piece of plastic in the torque convertor - also, the TCC friction material is prolly made of recycled toilet paper, so TCC piston-apply pressure was altered due to increased incident of shudder complaint - prolly won't find much change in TCM except for increased Torque Management Request and 'enhanced' Electronically Modulated Convertor Clutch routines

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

Post subject: Does the F-37 Explain MPG decrease in 06's?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

gmctd wrote:
I'm thinking low-end engine torque was decreased with reduced power during shifting and lockup in the ECM, and lockup timing (pressure) was altered in TCM - the later shift points is prolly resulted from reduced low end torque, making engine rev more to make enuff power for the next gear - all-in-all, a tidy software downgrade to protect that piece of plastic in the torque convertor - also, the TCC friction material is prolly made of recycled toilet paper, so TCC piston-apply pressure was altered due to increased incident of shudder complaint - prolly won't find much change in TCM except for increased Torque Management Request and 'enhanced' Electronically Modulated Convertor Clutch routines

Did the fuel efficency decrease because of the F-37 change?

nOOb rOB

'06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD with: GDE Hot Flash and Tranny Flash, ehm, Cummins fuel pump, 3" Magnaflow muff, Moog K3199's, Skids, 225-75-16 10 ply, OME springs, Euro T/C, Shift kit, Trans cooler w/thermal bypass, Bigboy bkt, Samco CAC, Brake controller, Trans temp gauge, Al's Upper Arms

Post subject: Re: Does the F-37 Explain MPG decrease in 06's?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:32 pm 
LOST Member

fastRob wrote:
gmctd wrote:

Did the fuel efficency decrease because of the F-37 change?

nOOb rOB

Not with mine. Fuel mileage actually went up a bit but then the F37 was done at about the same time as ULSD came into use here.

Gary