It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: A few extra SEGR Kits avail + who's paid up
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:42 pm 
LOST Member

how much?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:28 am 
LOST Newbie

camo wrote:
how much?

230 Us$ with international airmail shipping to USA. PayPal payment.

'09 Jeep Patriot 2.0 CRD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:32 am 
LOST Member

So does it come with installation instructions for idiots? Do these wires replace the plug at the mass airflow sensor? What does the bypass plug do?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 am 
LOST Newbie

LocoCRD wrote:
OK we have 52 people signed up. I will be ordering monday noonish, so you have from now till then to climb aboard or miss the boat. Don't forget to read this thread and decide if you want yours to go to UFO first.

What are the chances of getting one of these units or kits at this stage of the game? I just can't see my way clear to get the 'Green' tune right now. I''ve been running for a week with the plug pulled on the MAF and I'm impressed with the performance.

Thanx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Still got em available. $105 for the kit or $285 for one that is built and tested. Email locorapido@gmail(dot)com for details

SEGR ala TurboTim
255/70/16 Big O on Rubis minor trimming required
87k+ miles=3 factory TC's, 2 front pumps, 1 turbo, & drivers side wheel bearing/hub
Suncoast TC and Transgo Snake oil-41k
New Front Drive shaft-30K
Stage 2 InMotion Tune-54k, makes me go :)
B&M Tranny Cooler

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

budmeister wrote:
LocoCRD wrote:
OK we have 52 people signed up. I will be ordering monday noonish, so you have from now till then to climb aboard or miss the boat. Don't forget to read this thread and decide if you want yours to go to UFO first.

What are the chances of getting one of these units or kits at this stage of the game? I just can't see my way clear to get the 'Green' tune right now. I''ve been running for a week with the plug pulled on the MAF and I'm impressed with the performance.

Thanx

so the grn tune can forgoe having the MAF unplugged then?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:03 am 
LOST Addict

Yoshie wrote:
budmeister wrote:
LocoCRD wrote:

Thanx

With a GDE tune there is no need to have any sensor unplugged. It solves many issues with the CRD.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yoshie wrote:

With the GDE tune, it accomplishes a similar result as the segr with regard to telling the EGR valve to just go away and not bother your engine. It also fixes a number of things that Jeep forgot about... like making it a fun to drive little beast among others.

Segr is a non-volatile solution with NO possibility of having it deleted and requiring a 50$ reflash to re-fix it if the vehicle was taken to a dealer by mistake: in years past, when people still had warranty work being done and when Jeep was pretending to support these vehicles the stealership might have flashed over the GDE tune.

Now that the vast majority are outside Chrysler's realm of concern (beyond warranty support), the possibility of losing your computer tune to a reflash is marginal, and still only a 50$ fix if I recall correctly

SEGR gives you one specific set of fixes for a set price

GDE gives you the same set of fixes plus others for a bit higher price.

It is YOUR due diligence to keep researching the options and decide for yourself which suits YOUR needs now and in the future.

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited, CRD: Inferno Red. OME 2" lift, JBA 4.5 lift arms, Factory skids and tow hooks added. GDE ECOtune, Provent, Fumoto, AR TorqueThrust wheels
1999 Dodge Dakota Sport, 5.2L: Solar Yellow. SOLD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:10 am 
LOST Addict

SEGR is a brilliant piece of work and works perfectly. However, it took a true auto electrical wizard two hours to install mine AFTER he had installed one in HIS '06 CRD. Go over the installation details carefully to make sure you are up to the task before ordering. Buying the fully assembled unit does not offer real savings over GDE. I f you can build and install yourself and regard this activity as fun, $100 is hard do argue with.

DOC

2005 KJ CRD Ltd Detroit TrueTrac Bilsteins G2 GDE "HOT" ECU GDE TCM "Tow Tune" "euro" TC SEGR Weeks Elbow New HG at 130K ARPs Clean CAT aFe Filter Magnaflow Exhaust EHM Cumminos In-Tank Lift Pump Hayden Fan Clutch Nylon Fan VH Enabled with GDE lower shutoff point Recalibrated Temp Gauge Tekonsha Prodigy Sears P-1 ZDDP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:06 am 
LOST Newbie

I have had a SEGR installed for about 2 years. I just installed a green diesel technologies ECM upgrade. They advise this will eliminate the need for SEGR. (a more expensive fix, but I wanted to fix some other issues with this as well).
After a test period, I will likely remove my SEGR. If so, in the late Jan or Early Feb 2012 time frame, I will be selling the SEGR. If interested let me know.
For those who are not super tech savvy (like me) the completed kit works exactly as advertised and is a great product. Dennis does great work. Never had a SEGR issue or EGR issue after install.
pablo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

For what it's worth I've had the GDE EcoTune for ca. 11,000 miles (installed at 31K) and have pulled the MAP sensor twice, including yesterday, just to look. When I got the tune I cleaned the nasty filthy soot encased MAP sensor. The subsequent 2 times the MAP sensor had a light coating of just oil with zero sign of soot.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:10 pm 
LOST Member

Pablo0423 I sent you pm about the kit

You only love it if you change it!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

What's the status on your kit? Still available? I don't have the $$ for the GDE tune, but I'd very much like to turn off the EGR valve without the CEL - because it'd be nice to know when other issues trip the CEL.

$285 for a new one that is built, tested, and ready to plug-an-play, correct?

Thanks!
Joshua

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Are these kits still available for purchase? If not, is there a link to build your own? Also, would this work in conjunction to the GDE tune?

Mods- EHM, In tank Cummins lift pump, Red Samco Hoses, Cleaned MAP senso, and changed oil with full synthetic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:57 pm 
LOST Addict

The SEGR will work with a GDE tune, but there is not a need for it if you have a tune. The tune already eliminates any soot from entering the intake manifold.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
The SEGR will work with a GDE tune, but there is not a need for it if you have a tune. The tune already eliminates any soot from entering the intake manifold.

So, is the SEGR still available for sale? If so, who do I buy it from? I am guessing that the GDE tune is the better way to go even though it is about twice as much?

Mods- EHM, In tank Cummins lift pump, Red Samco Hoses, Cleaned MAP senso, and changed oil with full synthetic

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

I was hoping to get hooked up with a SEGR kit... Could anyone please PM me with the details?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Are there anymore SEGR kits available? What is the price? I have a 2005 Liberty CRD.

Thanks,
Sue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:19 am 
LOST Member

I am pretty sure I am never going to install the one I have. That is a lot of wires, and it is my wife's car it has to stay running.

2006 Liberty CRD -- Spare tire replaced with Veg tank, semi filter for veg, FPHE, Electric common rail line heater, fill vegetable oil tank every 3 days. ORM, EHM comes out in front of the passenger rear tire. Wife has new job and 20 mile round trip to work. I borrow her Jeep a lot and live in South Florida.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22