It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LocoCRD wrote:
UFO wrote:
nescosmo wrote:
UFO are you going to install bridges for the I.C
Bridges? Do you mean sockets? I was not going to add any parts to the kits other than the wire needed to put the box together.

I originally had thought about including sockets with the kits, but after some discussion with Turbo TIM and Ranger1 it was decided that this would be a potential place for failure due to vibration that would lead to poor contact.

Dennis
I completely concur with this. No reason at all to socket the ICs.

'01 Beetle TDi B100, EGR delete
'83 Mercedes 240D B100, no EGR

--- SEGR Builder ---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LocoCRD wrote:
UFO wrote:
nescosmo wrote:
UFO are you going to install bridges for the I.C
Bridges? Do you mean sockets? I was not going to add any parts to the kits other than the wire needed to put the box together.

I originally had thought about including sockets with the kits, but after some discussion with Turbo TIM and Ranger1 it was decided that this would be a potential place for failure due to vibration that would lead to poor contact.

Dennis

What would happen if the IC fail can we replace it or can we buy another kit and go to the same thing that we going now. If in the next 3 years you guys are gone then what. Hey I am looking for a 200k life expand in this beast.....What do you think.... Maybe I should buy two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:54 pm 
LOST Member

Guess I'm too late?

Been busy buying a house.

I would be interested in a kit. What's the likelyhood of another round of orders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:11 pm 
LOST Member

I don't supposed there is any write-up on this circuits theory of operation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

Send mine to UFO paypal coming.
Thanks for your time.
Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

nescosmo wrote:
What would happen if the IC fail can we replace it or can we buy another kit and go to the same thing that we going now. If in the next 3 years you guys are gone then what. Hey I am looking for a 200k life expand in this beast.....What do you think.... Maybe I should buy two.
I think the likelyhood of one of the ICs failing is remote next to the possiblilty of a malfuction from a bad socket connection. All you should have to do is make sure you get the heat out of the box. But you can buy sockets if you like, just make sure not to skimp -- get quality machined sockets.

'01 Beetle TDi B100, EGR delete
'83 Mercedes 240D B100, no EGR

--- SEGR Builder ---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:45 pm 
LOST Member

Well, my EGR/FCV system went TU again. I've already had two EGR's and one FCV replaced. The CEL is back on and I'm getting codes P0401 and P1140. Great. Same thing all over again.

The real kicker is that I'm at 41k on the odometer. The service manager at my dealer says that he'll still be able to get DCX to cover the repairs on the EGR system.

I don't want to have to deal with this again (and potentially have to pay for the repairs) in the future. So this ORM mod/kit has definitely now got my interest.

Once the EGR/FCV have been replaced, I'd like to install the kit.

Any chance of getting a kit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

T^2 and anyone else who missed the deadline. I did order a few extra kits so first come first served on the extras. Also I have gotten about half of the payments from those on the list. On the advise of another member I may have to post who has not paid to shame them...JK.

T^2 I PMed you the payment info...Anybody else interested just shoot me a PM>

Dennis

SEGR ala TurboTim
255/70/16 Big O on Rubis minor trimming required
87k+ miles=3 factory TC's, 2 front pumps, 1 turbo, & drivers side wheel bearing/hub
Suncoast TC and Transgo Snake oil-41k
New Front Drive shaft-30K
Stage 2 InMotion Tune-54k, makes me go :)
B&M Tranny Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

UFO wrote:
nescosmo wrote:
I think the likelyhood of one of the ICs failing is remote next to the possiblilty of a malfuction from a bad socket connection. All you should have to do is make sure you get the heat out of the box. But you can buy sockets if you like, just make sure not to skimp -- get quality machined sockets.

Totally agree with UFO here. If anyone does not feel comfortable soldering it up, then Mr. UFO is the man for the job.

SEGR ala TurboTim
87k+ miles=3 factory TC's, 2 front pumps, 1 turbo, & drivers side wheel bearing/hub
B&M Tranny Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

PayPal'd sent to LOCO this afternoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

BIG BUMP

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

DarbyWalters wrote:
BIG BUMP

so are there any more left I just got home :roll: Who gets the money and how do I get on the list to have it built????

other mods coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OK sent my money... cant wait. Im sure I will have a ton of questions though on EXACTLY how and what to do when I get it. :?

other mods coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

0311_DoC wrote:
DarbyWalters wrote:
BIG BUMP

so are there any more left I just got home :roll: Who gets the money and how do I get on the list to have it built????

Just PM Loco

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LocoCRD wrote:
UFO wrote:
nescosmo wrote:

Totally agree with UFO here. If anyone does not feel comfortable soldering it up, then Mr. UFO is the man for the job.

Loco the socket and the pins cust about $10.00 and the ups cust about $10.00 so it will be double. Is there any way that you could buy the sucket and the pin for me , (maybe you can get it cheeper and send it with my package). Will send you the extra money if you PM me for the extra cust is very importand to me I only have 11k on the CRD. Thank you

Nescosmo....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ya gotta pm, loco - I think - sometimes pm works, sometimes not - can't quite figger it out, on this board :(

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

nescosmo wrote:
LocoCRD wrote:
UFO wrote:
nescosmo wrote:

Loco the socket and the pins cust about $10.00 and the ups cust about $10.00 so it will be double. Is there any way that you could buy the sucket and the pin for me , (maybe you can get it cheeper and send it with my package). Will send you the extra money if you PM me for the extra cust is very importand to me I only have 11k on the CRD. Thank you

Nescosmo....

Sorry Nescosmo, I have already ordered from my supplier, so you'll have to get them your self this time.

SEGR ala TurboTim
B&M Tranny Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Loco,

I have been trying to send PM and it keeps telling me the reply can not be sent and it is in "Debug Mode" so I am trying to contact you this way. I have have the entire office look at the message you sent me and none can see any difference in the two email addresses you sent. Sorry to be stupid but you will have to point out exactly what is wrong with the address or try sending it to me in capitol letters.

Scptt

White Sport '05 Libby CRD - born on date: 6/3/2005, FIA Grill Blanket, Fumoto drain plug, 2.8 CRD Turbo Diesel hood decals, Jeep windshield bug & stone deflector, Molded tire cover with custom JEEP & Liberty CRD decals, Cummins Lift Pump, Pro-vent, GDE Eco no limit tune, Odyssey 34R drycell battery, Meziere in-line stat, ETecno1 glow plugs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No Problemo, check your PM now.

Dennis

SEGR ala TurboTim
B&M Tranny Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:02 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Paypal sent, thanks muchly. I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, but how small are the connections? Are we wiring up any IC connections? If the board is traced and it's just pads... That would be cool. I'm just not crazy about trying to surface solder miniature computer-size IC pads. But I'm guessing these are through-board types?

If there are any pics / directions for assembly and installation that you could point me at while I wait, that would be awesome.

Sheesh, I really have an addiction to modding cars. I'm buying mods for a car I don't even OWN yet! :roll: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next