It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I thought I never see this
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:11 pm 
LOST Addict

A 2005 Liberty CRD Sport is listet for $3,000 more than a 2007 Liberty Sport gas model. :D

http://tinyurl.com/2zc4l5

http://tinyurl.com/3b5pms

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:19 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

I wonder if the 07 Gasser is 2WD. It doesn't on the description (that I can find). All CRD were 4WD, but the description of the 05 CRD doesn't say that either. It does, however, tell us that the CRD has "20.6 GALLON MAIN UNLEADED FUEL TANK" and "UNLEADED FUEL 87". :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:50 pm 
LOST Addict

Yes it look like that they posted the wrong details on the CRD.
Hmmmm a 2 wheel drive gasser Jeep, that should be illegal. :twisted:

edit: I just looked at the pictures of the 07 interior and see the handle for the transfer case. So it's a 4x4 Whew!

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump

Last edited by BlackLibertyCRD on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The gasser looks pretty plain :( CRD's come with our better (that's a joke) transmission, 16" mag rims, selectract transfer case and maybe more as standard equiptment. I saw a trade publication paper that claimed diesels, except our DRD's, were returning more then 100% of the diesel option resale and our CRD's were at 82%. The price given for our CRD diesel option was $2000 so even at 82% that's still is $1640 for the engine :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:52 pm 
This member has been Banned

I think the claims about resale are fairly region dependant. I posted the other day the listings in the Seattle area, and they are roughly equivilent to original prices at least for the 06's. Pretty cool to see a vehicle depreciate so slowly, I could sell mine for about a $4k profit locally based on what I owe now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:37 am 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

Reflex wrote:
I think the claims about resale are fairly region dependant. I posted the other day the listings in the Seattle area, and they are roughly equivilent to original prices at least for the 06's. Pretty cool to see a vehicle depreciate so slowly, I could sell mine for about a $4k profit locally based on what I owe now...

Same here...but what would I get to replace it? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:39 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dog_party wrote:
Same here...but what would I get to replace it? :?

That's exactly why the retail resale is so good, there's no comparable vehicle in the US :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:02 pm 
LOST Member

Reflex wrote:

Funny how occasionally someone from the midwest complains about getting slaughtered on trade-in. Do people not "get" diesels in the heartland, or what? They're certainly popular here in the Pacific Northwest (be they CRD, TDI, Mercedes, or big pickup).

And: 1995 Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, Silver, Selec-Trac, custom free-flow exhaust by local shop.

Me: 1998 Subaru Outback AWD, 2.5 DOHC, 5-speed manual. Nearly 170k miles & runs awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:04 pm 
This member has been Banned

offroadsubaru wrote:
Reflex wrote:

Funny how occasionally someone from the midwest complains about getting slaughtered on trade-in. Do people not "get" diesels in the heartland, or what? They're certainly popular here in the Pacific Northwest (be they CRD, TDI, Mercedes, or big pickup).

Its good information for us however, were I to buy a used diesel I know where to get one cheap. From the looks of things I can save far more than the airfare and fuel cost buying one there and driving it back home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:42 pm 
LOST Addict

And I will know where to go to sell mine.....like that would ever happen :roll:

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox

Post subject: a little off topic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Im from Wilmington, DE and have bought four jeeps from that exact dealership, 05 liberty renegade, 05 jeep wrangler rocky mountain, 06 crd, 06 rubicon. great sales department, horrible service department.

Post subject: Re: a little off topic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:35 pm 
LOST Addict

duffman1980 wrote:
Im from Wilmington, DE and have bought four jeeps from that exact dealership, 05 liberty renegade, 05 jeep wrangler rocky mountain, 06 crd, 06 rubicon. great sales department, horrible service department.

You have a great collection of Jeep. I know thier service department isn't at all modern but Scott has done his best to take care of me. He can't fix what DCX won't let him or bad design such as the missing lift pump, but he does his best and is not perfect. He did miss my A/C problem the first time before I went on a long trip. While on the road, the mechanic at Billings, MT did much worst. He did fix the A/C the second time and did a great job at it. He was very sorry that it wasn't done the first time and put me in a loaner for a couple of days to make sure the problem was solved. If you take your Jeep back to Star, be sure to ask for Scott to work on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:30 am 
LOST Newbie

I started taking my jeeps to Star on Governor Printz Blvd for recalls and misc problems. Very knowledgable and personable mechanic staff. Brought my crd in there twice for recall work and have been highly impressed.