It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GROUP BUY FROM LINEAR LOGIC SCANGAUGEII
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I think I worked out a group buy for us with Linear Logic for SGII's at $149.95. I found a post on a RAV site offering it this weekend at that price. I sent them an email suggesting LOST too and got a positive reply today. I told them to post it in the Vendor forum then I would cross post it in the General and CRD forums.

Update:

I found a non-jeep site with a great group buy deal this weekend so I approached them for a similar deal and got it. If you are interested please follow the instructions below:

Quote:
Dave,

Sorry for the delay. Here is some info you can post if you would like.

Group buy price 149.95 including shipping anywhere.
You can purchase an extra cable for 14.95 (normally 19.95)
$164.90 For both

Send paypal payments to groupbuy@linear-logic.com
In your notes on paypal please include your Forum name and the code LOSTUS, this code must also be used for phone orders.

Please write in the paypal notes if your payment is for the Gauge + Cable.

If you do not have paypal and do not want to sign up for it, you can order over the phone. I am here from 8am to 4pm pacific time. Toll-free 888-433-5664

Thanks,
Joey

http://www.scangauge.com/

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Last edited by Cowcatcher on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:17 pm 
LOST Addict

Talk about timing, I was just getting ready to visit LL's website and order one. Due for inspection next month and wanted to have something to clear codes, seemed as good a time as any.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Why is it that only certain code readers work with the CRD? The unit I got from Harbor Freight works fine with the old Subaru, but hangs up rreading the Libby....

'01 Beetle TDi B100, EGR delete
'83 Mercedes 240D B100, no EGR

--- SEGR Builder ---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can't explain it but the CRD has two microprocessors feeding the OBD and after a while the data collides and quits reporting. The ScanGauge II though is an excellent tool for reading, reseting and also monitoring a lot of other vehicle data like tranny temp, etc. until you need to reset.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:00 pm 
LOST Addict

UFO wrote:
Why is it that only certain code readers work with the CRD? The unit I got from Harbor Freight works fine with the old Subaru, but hangs up rreading the Libby....

my
$40 harbor frieght code reader works with the CRD.....the more expensive one doesnt though.

Post subject: Tranny temp with SG II ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dave,

FYI
My SG II does not give any tranny temps or data.

Still worth it, however

Bill

Post subject: Re: Tranny temp with SG II ?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bill.Barg wrote:
Dave,

FYI
My SG II does not give any tranny temps or data.

Still worth it, however

Bill

Hummm, sorry to miss lead. I could swear that others reported that it did. My mistake as I don't have one yet. Thanks for the correction Bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

just sent my money to them. i can't wait. Thanks for setting this up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:00 am 
LOST Newbie

Will the SGII display the fuel rail pressure? I am considering the lift pump option and want to monitor the fuel pressure. If not, does anyone know what can read that data?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
UFO wrote:

my
$40 harbor frieght code reader works with the CRD.....the more expensive one doesnt though.
That's the one I have. I read somewhere here (it sounded like hearsay..) about how some of the CRD ECUs have been reflashed so they won't communicate with these code readers. Otherwise I don't know what the deal is....

--- SEGR Builder ---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:36 pm 
LOST Addict

UFO wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
UFO wrote:

my
That's the one I have. I read somewhere here (it sounded like hearsay..) about how some of the CRD ECUs have been reflashed so they won't communicate with these code readers. Otherwise I don't know what the deal is....

I noticed the only time it worked was with the engine running, with the key on and just plugged in it didnt work, start the jeep and plug it in and it does.....maybe try that and let me know if it works?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The flash before the F30 or F32 (I think it was the F30) screwed up the OBDII port so pretty much only DC could read the codes which was a legal issue for DC and prompted the F30. If you got the earlier flash and not the later one your ability to read the OBDII port would be limited or non-existant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:26 pm 
LOST Member

dieseldawg wrote:
Will the SGII display the fuel rail pressure?

No, the SGII does not show fuel rail pressure. I believe the Painless "Striker" power module ( http://painless.r-catalog.com/pg-lkp/ym ... ld=fueldel ) will give you a horsepower bump and display the fuel pressure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
my

What is the Harbor Freight part number?
Lewis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=94169

--- SEGR Builder ---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:34 pm 
LOST Addict

UFO wrote:

Oh thats the one you have? That one definitely doesn't work.

This one does:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=46030

Im going to be trying it on CATCRDs jeep tomorrow to make sure it will work on more than one CRD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Aha. Sounds good.

--- SEGR Builder ---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Santa was nice, but I got home too late to do anything about it :lol:.

In the morning I get to test out my new ScanGaugeII. Any setup or programming hints from you ScanGauge experts? I already know I need to use the slow or normal mode but anything else?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:02 am 
LOST Addict

Cowcatcher wrote:
Santa was nice, but I got home too late to do anything about it :lol:.

In the morning I get to test out my new ScanGaugeII. Any setup or programming hints from you ScanGauge experts? I already know I need to use the slow or normal mode but anything else?

Thanks

Dave, if I remember correctly, there's a thread floating around on here, from a month or so back, where the early SCII buyers were already discussing some of the tips and tricks they were trying to make them work better on the CRD.

'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:20 am 
LOST Member

Cowcatcher wrote:

I've noticed that for me, it doesn't matter what setting (slow, normal, fast) it always hangs up at random times. Sometimes it stops in a few seconds, sometimes its hours. You need to setup the fuel tank size (20.5) and fuel type (diesel a). There is also some crazy procedure you need to do for the first few fill-ups of diesel but my SGII always hung up before I had to fill up.. and I never did those procedures... so my MPG is off.

I typically drive around with these four sensors displayed as I find them most useful:
    MAP (for my boost- just remember to take off ~15 psi for the boost number people actually use when they talk boost.)
    MPG (even though it's off some)
    LOD (I like seeing the current engine load as a percent. A/C really loads up the engine!)
    FWT (coolant temperature in degrees farenheit. My CRD is usually at 172-180 F.)

For me, installation was easy. I just plugged it in the OBD-II port, ran the cable up under the dash. I found a large circular 'hole' under the steering column and rant he wire in there.. then over to the fuse box area on the driver's side. Then I took the a-pillar/handle off by unbolting two bolts and ran the wire up and along the a-pillar up to the top of the windshield near the roof liner. I then stuck the two strips of hard-pirckly velcro to the top of my SGII and I simply stuck it to my roof liner. It has stayed attached and has not yet come off in 5,000 miles which included some rough roads and wheelin.

Here's a pic.. It's in good view too but doesn't distract while driving. I use the red background color now as it seems to be the least distracting.

-nix