It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRD used value// What's it worth in the NW ?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I see VW diesels around here for above RETAIL all day long, don't you think the CRD would be worth retail KBB value at least even if I sold it private party? Would a bank finance the retail value even from a private party? I need to get out of my payments and pick up a Cherokee or something and I owe quite a bit more than private party value.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:16 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I read in Automotive Weekly, a trade publication for auto dealers and suppliers, that Diesel cars are returning over 100% of the Diesel cost option EXCEPT the Liberty CRD and it is 82%. This is the cost of the diesel option, not the car... It was listed as $2,000 for the Liberty. Now if your State is in the country of California :lol: then it may be worth more :D Again, these figures are for the OPTION and not the CAR. I think if our CRD's ran to the fullest of their ability they would be more attractive. A stock CRD should be getting better MPG's and better preformance :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:27 pm 
LOST Member

I saw your CRD on Craigslist. Hope it finds a good home. If I didn't have graduate school staring me in the face, I'd seriously consider it.

And: 1995 Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, Silver, Selec-Trac, custom free-flow exhaust by local shop.

Me: 1998 Subaru Outback AWD, 2.5 DOHC, 5-speed manual. Nearly 170k miles & runs awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

A friend of mine in the Salem area picked up a 2006 Limited with not many options on it. I don't know what he paid as there was a trade and stuff but the asking price was over $27K. He had been looking for a while and not finding one so I am pretty sure he ended up paying a lot. It had 16K miles on it. It had OEM tires so he had to buy new skins right away.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Cowcatcher wrote:
A friend of mine in the Salem area picked up a 2006 Limited with not many options on it. I don't know what he paid as there was a trade and stuff but the asking price was over $27K. He had been looking for a while and not finding one so I am pretty sure he ended up paying a lot. It had 16K miles on it.

27K is very close to new price which is great for a 2 year old vehicle. My fully loaded Limited went for 31K retail, 27K employee pricing.

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

Sell it in CA, those folks will pay almost anything to get something that was banned. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

2005 @26000 miles limited crd $17,100.00 purchased off of a nissan dealers lot in north hollywood ca. Must have been a trade inn since it was from el paso tx origionally. No one at the dealership even knew it was a diesel. The same day I looked at a 2006 limited with more options for $30,000 so it probably just depends on how hard you look. It probably also has to do with vehicle history. Ours had obviously been worked on from the under hood condition nothing you would notice right away but once I got into it it is obvious some work was done at some time. Nothing came up on carfax though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I listed it for 22,999 because It is close to what I owe. It is sad I owe so much but my Dodge truck was a bit upside down and guess where that difference went. I am paying it down about $500.00 a month so in a few months I might be in a better position to barter with someone. I sure wish I could keep it but I really can't. I am going to buy a Cherokee as soon as I get rid of the Liberty. I might go see how bad a dealer would stick it to me as a trade toward a nice 6-10 thousand dollar Cherokee or Grand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

offroadsubaru wrote:
I saw your CRD on Craigslist. Hope it finds a good home. If I didn't have graduate school staring me in the face, I'd seriously consider it.

Opps!! I guess I better take the "never offroad, driven to church on Sunday" comment off the ad then if you linked me back to here :lol:
It doesn't say that BTW..... 8) There is no real damage but I might take off the skids so that someone doesn't freak out when they see scratches and dents in them.