It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:48 am 
LOST Member

Well that makes some sense. As far as "Normal" operating conditons, the engine should be free to make what it can.
I did notice that when I was pulling my off road car up to Sunflower AZ (3500 Lb total weight), it was 110* F outside, and I was running along going up these 7% grades at 70+ with the AC on, the temp gauge was at 3/4, but not redlined, and all of a sudden the thing starts dinging at me (Ding ding,...ding ding,...etc.).
I'm thinking what is that all about. Then about 15 seconds later, with my foot still in it, the speed and tach just drop off. It took my foot out of it even though I had it nailed! I suppose it was starting to overheat and the CPU was saying enough is enough and that is what the warning ding was about. I was looking at the gauges, but no red lights, or anything.
After about a mile or two of this 30 mph crap, it cooled off and took off again. Now I know.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:10 am 
LOST Addict

From what I hear from F37 people, there is power reduction even when locked in top gear. i.e. not being able to make it up the same hill in top gear at speed x anymore, without downshifting.