It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: FSM/Parts list online:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6071
Location: Colorado Baby!
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Available as both a disk image(DMG or ISO) or a folder with the same content. Parts list for each year also available.

Update:
02FSM now online in addition to the 04-06FSM

Update again:
03FSM added, now I just need to 07 to complete the saga.

Another update, files are going back online.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Last edited by Sir Sam on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:46 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:21 am
Posts: 110
Location: Front Range
Acrobat 8.1 says the 2006-KJ-SM.pdf file is damaged.
All the other files work great!

Thanks a ton!! I've been waiting for this for a while........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:01 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:03 pm
Posts: 47
I get the same error as ChessMaster regarding the 2006 SM file. Thanks a great deal for posting
the manuals. This forum makes owning a jeep crd a lot more enjoyable.

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:05 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6071
Location: Colorado Baby!
CHessMaster wrote:
Acrobat 8.1 says the 2006-KJ-SM.pdf file is damaged.
All the other files work great!

Thanks a ton!! I've been waiting for this for a while........


LOL, the one file that didnt finished uploading before I posted this and you guys download it.

try again now, 06 is all finished.

also thank the person who donated me a copy

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:30 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 2189
Location: Sin City USA
ok, I have been waiting over 15 mins once I clicked on the 06 CRD .PDF, am I missing something or is it a huge file?

_________________
2016 JKU RUBICON

other mods coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:44 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6071
Location: Colorado Baby!
0311_DoC wrote:
ok, I have been waiting over 15 mins once I clicked on the 06 CRD .PDF, am I missing something or is it a huge file?


'bout 140mb

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:36 am 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:48 pm
Posts: 567
Very appreciative. If this is what I think it is you just saved everyone $50 from the jerks on Ebay.

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FSM online:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:39 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 165
Location: Houston, TX
Sir Sam wrote:
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/

Available as both a disk image and a folder.


Mucho grassy booty Sir Sam

Dave


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:42 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 177
Location: Dallas, Texas
8) thanks!

_________________
'05 Liberty CRD
'05 Jaguar S-Type R


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:53 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:24 am
Posts: 65
Location: Kansas City
Very nice! This is way better than what I found in the 2005 Chilton Big Book at the library. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:21 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Texas
Well, gee, t'anks, pal - you just ruined my day!

I just paid 90bucks + 11bucks shipping for this from DC :x

But, seriously, thanks - I needed it the day I ordered it, and have been champin' at the bit while waitin' for it

Fortunately the po had the '05 serviced very well, so no problems, but I just cannot stand not knowing something about the newly-acquired vehicle's inner works

Thanks to this most excellent forum, the 'new' CRD is not a total mystery after 4 days in the stable, but I really appreciate the link and access to the manual.

BTW - for all you guys out there that are increasingly skittish as the mileage increases: this is a 500kmi engine, if you service it like the Diesel it is - take care of it, have the transmission serviced regularly, and the little Jeep is a winner

Vis-a-vis the transmission, that clunk you feel at start-off is Chryslers typical torque convertor problem - to prevent excessive heat build-up when the vehicle is stopped and the trans is in any selected gear range, the t\c is not charged at idle, which causes a slight delay between pedal and go as the pump fills the t\c with fluid and the vehicle begins moving - that's the 'bump' you feel - some are worse than others

This is imperfectly normal - most any shift kit (I prefer Transgo) will cure this problem and most of the slush-shifting (the slush-shift is mechanical, not electrical: the orifices and springs in the valve-body control the duration, or 'ooze', of each shift - the TCM controls the event: 1-2-3-4-5) - you'll need an aftermarket torque convertor (you know the one) to cure the rest of the slush-itis

Have the 545 rebuilt as necessary as mileage accrues, and see if you can make 500kmi............................

jd

_________________
'05 CRD Limited
Pricol EGT, Boost
GDE Hot '11; EDGE Trail switched
SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:52 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6071
Location: Colorado Baby!
gmctd wrote:
Well, gee, t'anks, pal - you just ruined my day!

I just paid 90bucks + 11bucks shipping for this from DC :x

But, seriously, thanks - I needed it the day I ordered it, and have been champin' at the bit while waitin' for it

Fortunately the po had the '05 serviced very well, so no problems, but I just cannot stand not knowing something about the newly-acquired vehicle's inner works

Thanks to this most excellent forum, the 'new' CRD is not a total mystery after 4 days in the stable, but I really appreciate the link and access to the manual.

BTW - for all you guys out there that are increasingly skittish as the mileage increases: this is a 500kmi engine, if you service it like the Diesel it is - take care of it, have the transmission serviced regularly, and the little Jeep is a winner

Vis-a-vis the transmission, that clunk you feel at start-off is Chryslers typical torque convertor problem - to prevent excessive heat build-up when the vehicle is stopped and the trans is in any selected gear range, the t\c is not charged at idle, which causes a slight delay between pedal and go as the pump fills the t\c with fluid and the vehicle begins moving - that's the 'bump' you feel - some are worse than others

This is imperfectly normal - most any shift kit (I prefer Transgo) will cure this problem and most of the slush-shifting (the slush-shift is mechanical, not electrical: the orifices and springs in the valve-body control the duration, or 'ooze', of each shift - the TCM controls the event: 1-2-3-4-5) - you'll need an aftermarket torque convertor (you know the one) to cure the rest of the slush-itis

Have the 545 rebuilt as necessary as mileage accrues, and see if you can make 500kmi............................

jd


If it makes ya feel any better I would much rather have a paper copy than this E version.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:57 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 2189
Location: Sin City USA
Sir Sam wrote:
0311_DoC wrote:
ok, I have been waiting over 15 mins once I clicked on the 06 CRD .PDF, am I missing something or is it a huge file?


'bout 140mb


ok it finally came thru...
thanks a ton :D

_________________
2016 JKU RUBICON

other mods coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:21 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Texas
Me too, Sam - but the hardcopy is 175bucks - I'm already ate up with expensive Cummins service manuals in hardcopy - the CRD is my son's, so I need a manual at his house and at mine - helps for long-distance or phone troubleshooting - intentions were to email him excerpts from the cd so he could better describe what he should be seeing - anyway, you done good - tnx

_________________
'05 CRD Limited
Pricol EGT, Boost
GDE Hot '11; EDGE Trail switched
SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:40 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:48 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Southeast Oklahoma
Thank you, Sir Sam.

Clint

_________________
2006 2.8CRD
SEGR
Racor 245
Magnaflow
Lift pump
Poor man's Provent
After market Right Hand Drive


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FSM online:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Glyndon MD
Sir Sam wrote:
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/

Available as both a disk image and a folder.


Hey!! Thanks a bunch. I just burned my first CD!

Larry K. :D

_________________
2005 KJ Sport CRD Traded for VW, R32
Patriot Blue
245-70-16 Revos
Fumoto valve
Cat filter, on hold
ScanGage II
2 1/2" straight through chambered muffler(Summit Racing)
Shell Rotella T 5W-40
PML diffrential cover.
L.O.S.T. 075679


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FSM online:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 3541
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Sir Sam wrote:

Hey!! Thanks a bunch. I just burned my first CD!



As long as you didn't burn your first CRD :!:

_________________
Founder of L.O.S.T.
2006 CRD Sport

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Glyndon MD
Thanks! Darby, it does scare me a bit.

Larry K :cry:

_________________
2005 KJ Sport CRD Traded for VW, R32
Patriot Blue
245-70-16 Revos
Fumoto valve
Cat filter, on hold
ScanGage II
2 1/2" straight through chambered muffler(Summit Racing)
Shell Rotella T 5W-40
PML diffrential cover.
L.O.S.T. 075679


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:52 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:21 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Texas
If you want individual-year files only, much smaller and easier to download on slow isp services, prolly best to right-click each file, then click on "save target as:", point it to whichever folder you wanna save it in - this will guarantee you get the file in pristine form in the first attempt - otherwise, it may run and display the complete -pdf manual, but may not copy to disk, returning a 'this file is corrupted' error, and 'cannot open this file' error

_________________
'05 CRD Limited
Pricol EGT, Boost
GDE Hot '11; EDGE Trail switched
SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go


Last edited by gmctd on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:16 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6071
Location: Colorado Baby!
gmctd wrote:
Prolly best to right-click each file, then click on "save target as:", point it to whichever folder you wanna save it to - this will guarantee you get the file in pristine form in the first attempt


Or download the disk image and then burn it.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GordnadoCRD, mahor123 and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com