It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
wow, this thread has gotten way more attention here than in the general forum! Ha I guess we need it a little more than those guys!

Sam

I think it's because most of us diesel owners are gear heads :lol:

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

gmctd wrote:
Many thanks, onthehunt

It's not the quantity or volume, Ed - it's that the full set of metric and inch pieces has to be available at each operation - guess I should just get a universal adjustable spanner and one of those multi-sockets where each size expands from and collapses into the next larger size, like in the back pages of Popular Mechanics and Mechanix Illustrated:

For only 14.95 (plus 19.95 tax and shipping and handling, not shipped to Puerto Rico and Hawaii) you, too, can work on any car in the world, metric or English, just like the pros, with only one tool! Impress your friends and neighbors! Be the first in your neighborhood to own one! Quantities may be limited, so don't delay! Order yours right now!

Make sure that when used in the "Hammer" mode that you close the jaws so that you do not damage the threads on the handle half. Doing so will reduce the effectiveness later on small sized bolt heads.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:38 am 
LOST Member

Thank you gentlemen!

245/75/16 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Remember, Reflex - after you get the basic mechanic's set, you will need only the tools in the section you're looking in for instruction, not all the tools in every section in the manual - the acquiring won't seem so great when you're my age and you suddenly realize you do have every tool in every section - talk about yer dismay - one of the commited gearhead's greatest pleasures is acquisition of a new tool - what's to look forward to when you have them all.

Gee, t'anks! Now I'm depressed, having read that.....................

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Reflex.

The beauty of a CD is print just the section or page (s) you need. Take it to the garage and get it all dirty following the steps. Then throw it away or scribble notes all over it. You still have a prestine copy on your PC :lol: Plus it's much easier to store a CD then it is to store a large 600 book :wink: This one is done real well and any topic is just a mouse click away :P I'm retired from computer service but have done all my own wrenching. There's one tool still on my list and that's a remote controlled cable operated spring hose clamp tool :lol: VW uses them :?

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:59 pm 
LOST Addict

Joe Romas wrote:
Reflex.

The beauty of a CD is print just the section or page (s) you need. Take it to the garage and get it all dirty following the steps. Then throw it away or scribble notes all over it. You still have a prestine copy on your PC :lol: Plus it's much easier to store a CD then it is to store a large 600 book :wink: This one is done real well and any topic is just a mouse click away :P I'm retired from computer service but have done all my own wrenching. There's one tool still on my list and that's a remote controlled cable operated spring hose clamp tool :lol: VW uses them :?

Joe

Translation, use a pair of pliers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok, I'm stumped - and being pc-illiterate makes it even worser - how, or when, are the files extracted from the 350mb .DMG file - XP Home s.p.2 - help!

Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:12 pm 
LOST Addict

gmctd wrote:
Ok, I'm stumped - and being pc-illiterate makes it even worser - how, or when, are the files extracted from the 350mb .DMG file - XP Home s.p.2 - help!

the DMG is a disk image, you will need a program to either burn the disk image to a disk, or to virtually mount the disk image.

Since I am a MAC user I have that software builtin, for my PC needs I seem to remember using ISO buster to mount disk images:

http://www.isobuster.com/

There are also many other programs to mount and burn disk images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Right - found that stuff, but it can be dangerous to a noob - found this on a mac response forum:

How can I extract a DMG file on Windows?
Is there a way to extract a DMG file on Windows?

Best Answer - Chosen By Voters
Go to your MS-Dos file and carefully type in>Deltree c:/windows/DMG/
Hit enter and tada. its gone. Then go to your My Computer hit c: and go to programs and then windows and search alphabetically down and look for DMG...its should be gone!
(CAUTION) DELTREE......is a very powereful extractor so use it wisely. You use that improperly and you can wipe out your entire Windows.
If your (sic) unsure about it get a professional to help you at home on a step by step basis.

Deltree deletes everything in the tree path - must be a MAC user vs PC user thing

Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:04 pm 
LOST Addict

gmctd wrote:
Right - found that stuff, but it can be dangerous to a noob - found this on a mac response forum:

How can I extract a DMG file on Windows?
Is there a way to extract a DMG file on Windows?

Best Answer - Chosen By Voters
Go to your MS-Dos file and carefully type in>Deltree c:/windows/DMG/
Hit enter and tada. its gone. Then go to your My Computer hit c: and go to programs and then windows and search alphabetically down and look for DMG...its should be gone!
(CAUTION) DELTREE......is a very powereful extractor so use it wisely. You use that improperly and you can wipe out your entire Windows.
If your (sic) unsure about it get a professional to help you at home on a step by step basis.

Deltree deletes everything in the tree path - must be a MAC user vs PC user thing

wow that sounds like a very bad answer or someone is putting you on, there is no reason you would want to run a deltree on a DMG.

Sound like a mac user @$#% with a PC user, seriously,

an example might be to tell you to put in about half gas half diesel to clean out your fuel injection pump, this is about the same.

just find one of those disk image utilities and either burn it to a disk or mount it as a virtual disk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Check it out - it's on ask yahoo - voted best answer by voters - bet there weren't any pc users in that poll -

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=2006081519212... [Found on Google]

I'll try that converter, soon's all the data sinks in

Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok - I successfuly converted the .DMG to 'Apple .DMG partition' with isobuster, then used winimg and some handwritten stuff I found in a really old book, with the letters DaVC hastily scrawled in the margin - still no luck - it's the same files as the '04-'05-'06 .pdf stuff I originally downloaded - pg448 is still Lighting in the '05 and ABS in the'06.

Wassupwi'dat?

Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I may have fouled you up here. I thought I had downloaded the FSM but apparently it was a parts supplement that I can no longer find in Sir Sam's directory. I downloaded the PDF manual yesterday and it is much larger. If you would like to PM me with your email address I will see if I can email the parts supplement.

I will be out most of today hauling cattle to market so you may not get it until late tonight.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

As it is written, so shall it be done............

Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:40 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It might be too big. Seems to be bogging down the send. You caught me before I got out the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:30 pm 
This member has been Banned

For those having problems with the DMG file in Windows: http://www.imgburn.com

Free CD image burner, handles just about any image type, including DMG. Works on both 32bit and 64bit Windows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:05 pm 
LOST Addict

Cowcatcher wrote:
It might be too big. Seems to be bogging down the send. You caught me before I got out the door.

What exactly is the name of the file that you are looking at page 448 in? I cannot for the life of me find what you are looking at, i share gmctds frustration right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Reflex wrote:

Free CD image burner, handles just about any image type, including DMG. Works on both 32bit and 64bit Windows.

Thanks Reflex.
Even my full copy of Nero Ultra version 7 won't handle the .DMG file :cry: That really supprised me :wink:
Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:30 pm 
LOST Member

Reflex wrote:

I don't see any indication on their web site that says it would handle the DMG file. A search in their forum does not come up with anything either.

I downloaded the program and installed it. I don't see an option for DMG files (I'm running Vista 64 bit though?).

Looks like a nice program anyway, and a keeper!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:52 pm 
LOST Addict

CHessMaster wrote:
Reflex wrote:

I don't see any indication on their web site that says it would handle the DMG file. A search in their forum does not come up with anything either.

I downloaded the program and installed it. I don't see an option for DMG files (I'm running Vista 64 bit though?).

Looks like a nice program anyway, and a keeper!

oy, I didnt realize you guys would have so much trouble with the dmg file, hence I went ahead and made an ISO of it, the iso is uploading now, it will be a few hours before it is completely uploaded, (400mb file at 30k/s upload = 4.7 hrs).

when you see that the iso file reads 402.7mb then youll know its done uploadin.
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next