It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Airbox mod (warning, lots of photos)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 pm 
LOST Addict

thermorex wrote:
I'm not that "green", I just dump it on the road (no collector). Probably Al Gore hates me, lol, but I don't believe that few drops of oil create global warming... Especially in this cold winter.

Anybody tried to drain the oil from provent straight in the oil pan? Seems pretty straight forward, but I'd like to hear some experiences if somebody is willing to share.

Wait, the end of your Provent drain hose is open all the time? That would defeat the whole purpose because it will suck air in through that hose instead of applying that suction to your crankcase vent. You should have something plugging it, and not just for environmental reasons.

Post subject: Airbox mod (warning, lots of photos)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 pm 
LOST Addict

CATCRD wrote:
thermorex wrote:
I'm not that "green", I just dump it on the road (no collector). Probably Al Gore hates me, lol, but I don't believe that few drops of oil create global warming... Especially in this cold winter.

Anybody tried to drain the oil from provent straight in the oil pan? Seems pretty straight forward, but I'd like to hear some experiences if somebody is willing to share.

Wait, the end of your Provent drain hose is open all the time? That would defeat the whole purpose because it will suck air in through that hose instead of applying that suction to your crankcase vent. You should have something plugging it, and not just for environmental reasons.

You got me thinking with this. I think I was wrong. Reading provent 200 specs again,
http://www.mann-hummel.com.sg/EN/indust ... ent-en.pdf
in case of the oil drain return above minimum oil level in the oil pan, a check valve is required. Its states that a check valve is kept closed by the negative pressure when engine is running and released by oil weight and lack of negative pressure (when engine is stopped). Which is sort of my case (and others in similar situation). Don't think it's a big deal not having a cap in the oil return but according to the specs from provent it's definitely better due to some negative pressure in the provent that can cause suction through the oil drain hose.

Thanks for clarifying catcrd and Dennis! So I'll have to be Al Gore's friend apparently by capping the hose ASAP, at least till I get my hands on a release valve. Lol.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 am 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
CATCRD wrote:
thermorex wrote:

You got me thinking with this. I think I was wrong. Reading provent 200 specs again,
http://www.mann-hummel.com.sg/EN/indust ... ent-en.pdf
in case of the oil drain return above minimum oil level in the oil pan, a check valve is required. Its states that a check valve is kept closed by the negative pressure when engine is running and released by oil weight and lack of negative pressure (when engine is stopped). Which is sort of my case (and others in similar situation). Don't think it's a big deal not having a cap in the oil return but according to the specs from provent it's definitely better due to some negative pressure in the provent that can cause suction through the oil drain hose.

Thanks for clarifying catcrd and Dennis! So I'll have to be Al Gore's friend apparently by capping the hose ASAP, at least till I get my hands on a release valve. Lol.

Here's where to buy the valve http://www.ebay.com/itm/300697987873?ss ... 1439.l2649

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have this kit of parts, never used.

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/liberty ... kjair.html

PM me if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:46 am 
LOST Newbie

I recently saw a mod to accept the drain line down into the oil return below the turbo.

GDE Hot tune and Trans Tune
Euro TC RL037142AA
Rebuilt Trans w/Transgo 68RFE
Air Box Mod
BMW oil Sep
MRBP exhaust
F-104 Fumoto valve
Hayden fan clutch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:36 pm 

etravlr wrote:
I recently saw a mod to accept the drain line down into the oil return below the turbo.

Install a ProVent 200 and simply install a drain with a manual valve and drain it at every oil change service.
Don't tie any drain into the turbo drain, not a good idea.

PROVENT BUNDLE: SasquatchParts ProVent Install Kit] + [MANN ProVent 200 Oil Separator and Filter] for Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve